It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which came first....ATS or Insomnia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well here it is, 3:20 am and I'm still on ATS. My eyes are heavy, my vision is blurred. I know that I should -- no, must -- go to sleep but, for some damned reason I can't. At this point, I can't remember whether it was always this way. Have I always had insomnia? Is it my imagination or did my trouble going to sleep begin when I first discovered ATS?
Oh well, I'll ponder that -- later. First there's a few more posts that I want to read.

What about you?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
whats sleep?

Its funny though i vaguly remember this thing called sleep you speak off

I find that im on ats most of the day and night and most of the time i do nothing inpiticular
i just sit here.and watch the screen hmm maybe we are being hypnotised

I do actually come off ats, i think :confused:

What were we talking about again?
:shk:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
For me, it was ATS.

Then i tried to change my habits a bit. I'm usually off the board by 1am ET so i can go listen to Coast to Coast!!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My God I was JUST thinking this ... at 2am, I am doing absolutely nothing but watching the boards, clicking over from ATS to BTS to PTS and then again and again ... lol

I just can't sleep and I feel guilty for not being in bed, but I have nothing inparticular to do tomorrow so why do I feel bad about it ?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Try getting up, logging on, making coffee, back on ATS,BTS,PTS...answer that nut that seems to be after ya, then go make the bed, do more ATS, take out something for supper, back to ATS, vaccum and put final touches on the house and back to ATS.....THIS IS TIRESOME

And that's just the morning routine.....

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Try getting up, logging on, making coffee, back on ATS,BTS,PTS...answer that nut that seems to be after ya, then go make the bed, do more ATS, take out something for supper, back to ATS, vaccum and put final touches on the house and back to ATS.....THIS IS TIRESOME

And that's just the morning routine.....

Ahhhh dg we are multi-taskers, I do the same thing lol at least we still get up and do what needs to be done around the house ... inbetween threads

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm usually off the board by 1am ET so i can go listen to Coast to Coast!!

dgtempe, that used to be "my" routine. Unfortunately, one night, I decided to go onto ATS whilst (gotta love that word -- whilst) listening to Coast to Coast. That single portentious act has certainly been detrimental to my health. Yep, you got it. Now I'm up all night on ATS and I listen to Art or George (and sometimes Ian) as I write and read the posts on ATS.

Is there a twelve step program I can attend or will I have to start a class action suit against ATS and C2C on behalf of insomniacs everywhere?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
was anyone on ATS when the forums were hosted on that ezboard crap or something of the likes. Those were the good ole days, although the forum speed and popups were terrible.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Insomnia

Coast to Coast.
One night, about 12 years ago, I was having trouble sleeping..
I turned on the radio, to find a monotone voice on the AM dial.
Something to lull me to sleep.

It was ART BELL, interviewing AL "Belik"...The Phildelphia Experiment dude.
They were talking about 3 or 4 types of aliens, sitting on Bleachers watching the ship disappear...what? WHAT?! aliens on bleachers, watching disappearing ships?
So, I listened, instead of sleeping..

I tuned it in again, not too long after that night..Hoagland, he was starting a story about
ancient structures on the moon..here it is 2006, and I am still waiting for him to finish THAT story.

Then came ATS...about 2 1/2 years ago now. Fits right in with Coast to Coast.
Although I found ATS while searching for Computer Virus information.
Turns out I had the Virus, and ATS was the first source I found, with ANY decent information about the thing. ATS saved 100's of my family photos..!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

I just can't sleep and I feel guilty for not being in bed, but I have nothing inparticular to do tomorrow so why do I feel bad about it ?

Are you kidding me? One of my bosses (number 42, again) marked a staff meeting on my calendar for tomorrow and INKED OUT TWO WHOLE HOURS!!!!! OMG!

The fustercluck is doomed to begin at 10:00 a.m., and I'll be doing good to make my desk look occupied by the time the VIPs show up. (9:30-ish)

And he glares at me if I even leave the room for coffee.

It's Folgers anyhow. damn communist crap.

new topics

top topics

join