It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samson: the Original Suicide Attacker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
God in the Old Testiment is described as being very vengeful and full of wrath. It is later in the New Testiment we see that he is merciful and forgiving. This interpretation can go either way depending on which side of the fence youre sitting on.

Souljah, are you trying to make comparisons to Christians and Muslims here? I see youre trying to be subtle but it aint really working. Christianity does have its share of nut jobs(Branch Davidians, Jim Jones ect) who lead a group of morons to commit mass suicide, but whens the last time a Christian went into a populated place and blew themselves up?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Does the Oklahoma City bomber, Eric Rudolph, or the KKK count?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by interested1
So in other words you are pissed off that Hagar was kicked out LOL.

Pissed? You sure do assume too much.

I also suppose that God according to the Bible did not promise the land to Jacob renamed Israel? The old testament clearly states that Ishmael would have lands and 9 princes which of course came to be the Arabic people, but ISRAEL (Jacob) was chosen by God.

Did I ever say otherwise? You're putting words into my mouth. Read my post above and you will see I quoted the section of the Bible stating that all of Abraham's descendants are promised the land. If you would like to discuss the matter of Jacob's name change, would you care to tell me who he wrestled with to get that name?

Originally posted by interested1Why argue this unless you are muslim?

I hardly find this an argument. You replies hold no merit to the conversation and you tend to ignore posts rather than reply to them, which shows your ignorance coming through. Care to elaborate on my other posts, rather than ignore them? Do your best to actually reply rather than give a response that looks like a 10 year old wrote it.

You ask "why argue this unless you are Muslim?" Can you show me where I said I wasn't? Again, you're assuming and your ignorance is showing. Last I checked this "argument" occurs within any group that is following what is happening in the Middle East, not just Muslims. Would you disagree that the Bible states that all of Abraham's seeds have been promised the chosen land?

Who cares if you have or not. Are you christian or Muslim?

Haven't you answer that already with your childish "Why argue unless you are Muslim" comment?

If you're Muslim then like every other Muslim you only accept things in the Bible that the qu'ran agrees with, lol, which includes believing Ishmael's descendants are the chosen people not Israel or the twelve tribes of Jacob. It's a blood feud IMO one brother pissed off for not getting as good an inheritance.

Yes, generalize us all into one group. You only make yourself look like a fool.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Still, When I listen to any world leader today from either side of this conflict I can't help but think that, not since the time of Samson has so many people died because of the jawbone of an ass.

It's a fitting metaphor actually. Samson was blind and wanted to kill all those he held responsible, not for a moment admitting his own weakness and lust with Delilah.

The suicide bombers today are just as blind to those that have mis-lead them.

Its true that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

wupy

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, if a "terrorist" is someone who engages in terrorism, then Samson doesn't qualify as a terrorist.

Terrorism

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

or,

The calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear.

1) Samson's act wasn't "unlawful" because it was sanctioned by God.
2) Samson's actions weren't motivated by ideology, politics, or religion -- they were personal.
3) Samson didn't care if they were fearful, intimidated, or coerced -- he just wanted them to be dead.

So, they way I see it, Samson wasn't a "terrorist", he was just a vengeful sore loser.

And God seemed to take his side according to the story. What does that say about Samson's God?

Also, as an aside to other posts in this thread, I find it interesting to note how the issues of Land and Religion seem to be so closely intertwined. I suppose that's a topic for another thread.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
When Samson says to God, "Let me die with the Philistines!" isn't that the same as suicide attackers are doing today? Aren't their prayers equal or the same to Samson's ones? Both wish death upon members of another religious group - a group which has them in chains.

In what way are today's suicide bombers in chains? I can possibly see what you mean regarding Isreal and the Palestinians (albeit through a stretch of my imagination) but how, for example, is the U.S. keeping Saudi Arabia or Al Queda in chains (re: 9/11 suicide attacks), or how is Spain keeping anyone in chains, or how is the U.K. keeping anyone in chains??

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I personally wouldnt take anything the bible or any other ''holy'' book says seriously, seeing that all religions were created by the same secret society networks that own everything else as a means to divide and rule. They created the bible and wrote it symbolically to represent ancient mystic knowledge and astro-theology. All religions are based on astro-theology...period.

The only suicide bombers today are the trauma based mind-control victims coming out of American Black Ops agencies who are mind-controlled into commiting suicide attacks.
Would anyone who was thinking for himself strap a bomb to himself and blow himself up in a crowd of civilians? Of course not! Only MK Ultra covert black op victims do that.

Dont know what Im talkin about, do your homework. Your freedom depends on it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So you're saying the same religions that exist in the world that the majority of the world's population follows and the ones followed by tribes located in segregated areas of the amazon that haven't had contact with anyone from the outside world for thousands of years are made by the same group?

Could you show evidence to back up your claim? There are logical fallicies that go against your reasoning. For one, if it were made by the same group, then why is it that different faiths have different ideological beliefs and constructions that go against other faiths? Wouldn't you think that if a group wanted total control of the world through religion, they would stick to preaching just one faith?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join