It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations with God, books...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

How can one accept God and not the Bible when God is the one who is quoted? When he told people to "take this down" so to speak?

The only thing I truly wholeheartedly accept is what is in my heart. We are all in this together, GOD is love, treat everyone and everything with respect. Know that GOD will eventually straighten things out. Know that GOD comes to open minded people like ourselves to spread his message of love. I have always been somewhat of a pacifist, and still am despite having been in the military, etc.

The Bible and quoting thing? I can sit in the office and say one thing, and the person that hears my statement says I said something else 30 seconds later. Happens all the time. Much less in a book put together, translated and retranslated many times by man who perhaps changes the words a tad through the ages to fit what he thought GOD shoulda, coulda, woulda said.

Vengeful? Perhaps not the proper word. However, I have trouble accepting that GOD destroyed cities, etc for things he did not want them to be. Oh yes, I'm not denying his power. Just question the thought.

See, many deny the author of the books had GOD talking to him. Why? He spoke to you and me. HE speaks to everyone. Saint, can you honestly put down in words what was said to you? It is very hard. I know. Just as it is hard to relay the serenity and peacefulness of the moment.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes I have read the books and enjoyed them. Seeing this post motivates me to re-read them as I found them enjoyable, enlightening and sometimes they raised some questions that I suspect a lot of may have. If you enjoy music, the creator of the books also put out instrumental CD's that are very pretty and relaxing to read anything to.

Does anyone know if there will be more books in this series or of any other series like this one? Thank you.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i find it interesting that people read these books and give them so much clout and others bash the bible to "hell" saying it was written by man, being incorrect for these and other reasons. who is to say this guy is really hearing from God? many things in the books correlate with the Bible, however there are many that clash. i suggest searching for God on a deep personal level. "when you seek me with all of your heart you will find me"- it took me quite some time in my search and my heart had to be deadly sincere, i began to develop a deeper relationship to him. nearly everything i recieve from him i can find corroboration with in the Bible. i have come to believe that there is much that is presented to us in the form of half or part truths designed to throw us off track to impair the relationship potential many would like to have. maybe give it a shot, i've tried almost everything else i could get my hands on and the personal thing is all that has provided deep inner peace and direction. i am still very capable of screwing it up with doubts and fears etc. i am far from perfect. whatever this is worth, thanks for letting me share. peace and love, tof
'

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tongues of fire
i find it interesting that people read these books and give them so much clout and others bash the bible to "hell" saying it was written by man, being incorrect for these and other reasons. who is to say this guy is really hearing from God? many things in the books correlate with the Bible, however there are many that clash.
'

Good point, Salvation found in Christ brings with it a change in a person's attitude toward sin. That is what many don't want to accept and surrender to Christ.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The one major thing in that book that clashes with the Bible is that he says that Go and all of us are one and the same thing. The holographic and the Higgs field theories state something very similar to that. As does the Gospel of Thomas if you want to take that into consideration.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nice thread.

I just come on and looked at my threads, wow. Very interesting to say the least.

As for The one and only (God), bigger than u could ever think. Its a beautiful thing, so live ure life and be happy knowing that there is light at the end of the tunnel, God will speak to all of his children when he is ready.

As for the books, when I get the time to read them Ill oller back!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

We are not God

Isaiah 55:8 - "For your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" declares the Lord.

He's much above us.

I initally took interest in this book series, but seems to me to take a left turn into the forest of self-love, self-centeredness, pride and patting oneself the back.

I've had conversations with God and they don't go like that. Maybe I should write a book? Oh wait, no, I don't really care about turning a buck.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 6-6-2005 by saint4God]

You can tell us all about your conversations with God right here in this forum and I assure you, you won't get a single buck =)

I would love to hear how God has manifested himself to your level of understanding.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Like I said, I need the time to read these books.

I dont think I would pay for them though.

Anway it would be nice to talk to the one and only, if I do ill let u guys know.

laterz,

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
The only thing I truly wholeheartedly accept is what is in my heart. We are all in this together, GOD is love, treat everyone and everything with respect. Know that GOD will eventually straighten things out. Know that GOD comes to open minded people like ourselves to spread his message of love. I have always been somewhat of a pacifist, and still am despite having been in the military, etc.

The Bible and quoting thing? I can sit in the office and say one thing, and the person that hears my statement says I said something else 30 seconds later. Happens all the time. Much less in a book put together, translated and retranslated many times by man who perhaps changes the words a tad through the ages to fit what he thought GOD shoulda, coulda, woulda said.

It has not been 'retranslated', that's what I'm trying to say. It was translated once from original Hebrew and Greek text by over 200 scholars into the New Interational Version.

Vengeful? Perhaps not the proper word. However, I have trouble accepting that GOD destroyed cities, etc for things he did not want them to be. Oh yes, I'm not denying his power. Just question the thought.

It is hard, but in those circumstances he gave people plenty of opportunity. In one case it was like, 4 generations or something. I cannot pull out the particular Old Testament chapter though.

See, many deny the author of the books had GOD talking to him. Why?

Well, for starters, the Bible is about many many many people God talked with and the author says he did not talk to God as represented in the Bible. In addition, the God I talk to directed me to the Bible too. So, between history and my personal experience, I choose not to deny the God I know.

He spoke to you and me. HE speaks to everyone.

That may be, I don't know, but I do know there's a good number of us that jam our fingers into our ears and go, "La la la la la! I can't hear you!". I know this because I was one of them.

Saint, can you honestly put down in words what was said to you? It is very hard. I know. Just as it is hard to relay the serenity and peacefulness of the moment.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by madmanacrosswater]

It is hard. I have written down both direct and indirect communication. I started a blog with some of it at blogs.abovetopsecret.com... - the entries that start with "God said...", but doesn't seem to generate much interest so I'm not sure I'll add more. I'd be glad to talk U2U though if anyone is truly interested.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join