It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations with God, books...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
as he said, all of those words are based on the conversation between him and god. it may be different for everyone else, actually it is. so why dont we start our own? though i prefer to call it listening to my gut/instinct/personal intuition, it doesnt matter what you call it, it just is.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Uh-oh, thread resurrection!

I was gonna post about these books but I don't care about 'points' so in the interests of keeping ATS as orderly as possible, I figured I'd go with what had already been posted here.

Has anybody else read these books? I don't know anything about NDW but wow! These books are exactly how I feel about God. Before I even read them I had already formed a similar view of God by meditating and studying lucid dreaming. I believe that reincarnation is real and that like Bill Hicks said, "This is just a ride..."

Does anyone think that these books were actually God speaking through NDW? Does anyone know anything about him personally? I could see cult-types following him after reading these books. They really are very powerful and life-changing.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I just recently read 1 and 2 and I am now onto 3. I have a learnt a lot from these books and "god" makes a lot of sense. How, they are worded, how they seem so logical and right.

Yet, is it god that was speaking? Who can say. When I do my channeling exercises, how do I know whose speaking. When people get information from guides and angels, how do we know if it's really guides and angels speaking.

Perhaps, it is all intuition, perhaps there is a complete understanding at a much profound level of consciousness, that we gather from our experiences. Yet, perhaps, that is god himself.

Yet, at this profound level of consciousness, we are no longer the self that we recognise, we recognise a more expanded self a more connected self with our reality. That is our higher self, and our higer self, in many ways, is god.

The channeling session I did today was on psychic abilities(I will post it in the paranormal forum later) and one of the abilities I got was "clair-gnosis" knowledge. I then wrote higher self and then underneath it, linking it with a pointed arrow, I wrote soul.

So, at this stage each soul has their own higher self.

But then, I created more arrows around "higher self" and wrote soul for each arrow. In other words so many different souls had the same higher self.

To visualise this, you can visualise it as connections linking to the same nucleus in the centre or the spokes on a wheel meeting at the centre. So, the higher self is indeed god. God is our highest personality.

It does seem funny doesn't it, that when people channel information. Some people are in contact with Native American guides, with some yogic masters, some with Jesus ..... and then some with god. It's as if god is just another one of those spiritual guys who gives us answers. Yet, the truth is, all of the other guides are actually different personalities of the same god. And god appears to different people with personalities that they can relate to at some level. Not, just as "god" which doesn't mean anything to how we understand reality - Because who is god? Where does he live what does he look like?

Then if we are told he is infinite, all pervading, omnipresent energy that is beyond space and time. How do our puny minds comprehend that. How does the finite make a relationship with the infinite.

That is why god needs to address us, on a level, that we can understand him, comprehend him, percieve him.

The greatest conversation with god's was written 5000 years ago in India, called the Bhagvad Gita, when God spoke to Arjuna, and he spoke to him in the form of a human being, in a language that he could understood. At one point, Arjuna requested to see his divine form. To which god granted him divine vision to see his multidimensional and infinite form. Arjuna was in awe of god, in absolute wonder of god, yet also in fear of god. He himself requested god to revert back to his human form, because he was overpowered by god's divine form.

A perfect example of how god works with us on such a personal level. He can be your friend, your partner, your lover, your father, your mother, your brother or sister, even your child, You can make any personal relationship with god.

Yet, and this was also covered in CWG book, don't fear god, like so many Christians do. God accepts you for who you are, no matter who you are, he loves whatever decision you make, and let's it happen. Yet, God, is the supreme intelligence and architect of this universe. The same laws that are your blessing, will also be your curse, depending on how you act - karma.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have read them all.
Number one I really jive with, and have it hard back and on tape for the car drives.......the others I just have hard back.
I think the story they weave is a beautifull way to world essentially.
I recomend these books to any seeker.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Wow IndigoChild, great post!

But then, I created more arrows around "higher self" and wrote each with each arrow. In other words so many different souls had the same higher self.

I like the way you put this. When I'm meditating (in my endless quest for OOBE --thanks RiverGoddess for your awesome thread and inspiration), I will often listen to my higher self. What's odd is that it's a woman's voice. The fact that I'm incarnated as a hetro male makes me more receptive to female voices, I think. I think the higher self is beyond gender, frankly. In these conversations, there's very little dialogue, it's more like me talking to myself but when I hit on something profound, my higher self will chime in with praise. It's exhilarating to say the least, but it's hard to describe because I only hear it in my head.

Your thought about some of us sharing the same higher self is interesting as well. I wish there were more avenues for people to explore this type of thing. I think that if Earth were different, we'd be able to collect in groups and meditate together and that this would allow us to find those "like-souls" who do perhaps share the same higher self. Maybe someday that'll happen.

Thanks for mentioning the Gita because that really is the ultimate inspired text. I thought since you mentioned it, I'd post a few of my favorite passages:

Driven by desire for pleasure
and power, caught up in ritual,
they strive to gain heaven; but rebirth
is the only result of their striving.

[...]

As a fire is obscured by smoke,
as a mirror is covered by dust,
as a fetus is wrapped in its membrane,
so wisdom is obscured by desire.

[...]

Whoever in his final moments
thinks of me only, is sure
to enter my state of being
once his body is dead.

One thing that's interesting about these CwG books is the idea that heaven is a place of healing, like a giant hot tub that you can just soak in forever if you want. Who can resist that image? I can't fathom a God who is cruel and stupid. I agree with CwG in that it is humans drew that unfavorable picture of Him/Her.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Why are these books so well liked?

Very simple. They speak how most of us have always thought when we have ignored the teachings of man and the church. These are the type things ingrained in our hearts while very young, and the Church has done its best to hide these concepts for their "stock" would fall greatly.

Definitely confirms what GOD spoke to me one eve.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I loved reading these books. Really like I was meant to. It explained alot to me that I needed. I don't believe to hold it up as my foundation, as it states this is just another filter as not one thing will give you the vision totally of our God. But definitely has helped me the most of all readings. Would recommend this series without a doubt. I have every one of his books, except the meditations. The 'New Revelations' was a good one, so was the 'Communion with God'. Book 1, 2, and 3 were real eye openers. I liked the books so much, have looked into if they had a CWG group in my area, which they had two of them.

Anybody belong to any of those groups listed on CWG site in their city?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Isaiah 55:8 - "For your thoughts are not my thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" declares the Lord.

He's much above us.

I initally took interest in this book series, but seems to me to take a left turn into the forest of self-love, self-centeredness, pride and patting oneself the back.

I've had conversations with God and they don't go like that. Maybe I should write a book? Oh wait, no, I don't really care about turning a buck.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 6-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

initally took interest in this book series, but seems to me to take a left turn into the forest of self-love, self-centeredness, pride and patting oneself the back.

Yes, you are correct in a way. However, if one does not love one's self there is little margin for loving anything or anyone else. There is also nothing wrong with pride, and patting oneself on the back.

However, self-centeredness is not a good thing.

To be honest saint. I would much rather read the left hand's telling of GOD's love then hear from the right side these days. The side that teaches FEAR, intolerance, etc.

Since GOD despises these "sides" the message of LOVE is what counts.

You again gave the statement, "We are not GODS." No, we are not. WE are however a small part of GOD. We are the sons and daughters of GOD. To deny that is denying one's existence.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yet, is it god that was speaking? Who can say. When I do my channeling exercises, how do I know whose speaking. When people get information from guides and angels, how do we know if it's really guides and angels speaking.

Perhaps, it is all intuition, perhaps there is a complete understanding at a much profound level of consciousness, that we gather from our experiences. Yet, perhaps, that is god himself.

Yet, at this profound level of consciousness, we are no longer the self that we recognise, we recognise a more expanded self a more connected self with our reality. That is our higher self, and our higer self, in many ways, is god.

You are 99% correct my friend. However, I would not claim our higher self as being GOD. A part of GOD, yes. Perhaps this is what you meant.

How do we know if it is guides or angels speaking? If and when it happens to one the person has NO doubts of GOD and who is speaking to one. Hits right into the soul, the spirit.

I remember when I first talked of my experience many reminded me to watch out that it was not the DEVIL doing his do. One knows, believe me, who is doing the talking.

My son who is very passionate about his beliefs about what man is doing to the planet had a talk with me the other day. I reminded him that all in this universe is intertwined, and that when GOD was ready to straighten out this mess he will. He looked at me as I grinned and gave me a big hug.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have read and re-read this thread. Although it is interesting, I don't see why it is here. Could someone please explain the conspiracy to me?

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
Yes, you are correct in a way. However, if one does not love one's self there is little margin for loving anything or anyone else. There is also nothing wrong with pride, and patting oneself on the back.

I see what you mean. I'm not a fan of it though because if I'm thinking of myself, then I'm not thinking about God and everyone else. I tend to put others first, though what you say is coming straight from "love your neighbor as yourself" so maybe there's a techinque to doing both. I've yet to master it though. I like me, but no, not love nor want to be in a forest of it.

However, self-centeredness is not a good thing.

Ya, agreed.

To be honest saint. I would much rather read the left hand's telling of GOD's love then hear from the right side these days. The side that teaches FEAR, intolerance, etc.

*nods* It should be all about the love, as commissions to go out and give the good news.

Since GOD despises these "sides" the message of LOVE is what counts.

You again gave the statement, "We are not GODS." No, we are not. WE are however a small part of GOD. We are the sons and daughters of GOD. To deny that is denying one's existence.

I'm wit it. I remember we talked about it, this time I quoted it for others

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I have read and re-read this thread. Although it is interesting, I don't see why it is here. Could someone please explain the conspiracy to me?

BTS didn't exist at the time that I started this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by darkelf

BTS didn't exist at the time that I started this thread.

Ahhhh, thanks. I am new here so I was not aware of that. Interesting and well written post btw. I will put them on my books to read list, however, I have a 2 foot stack of books begging for my attention at the present.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have also read all of the books in this series.

Plus, I was fortunate to meet Neale Donald Walsh in person at a Learning Annex seminar in San Francisco a couple years ago. He was just like you might imagine him to be from reading the first book. A sort of 'regular guy' without an apparent agenda who wasn't quite sure how/why he ended up being called to write these books. His wife was also there, and she was 'a real person', as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I haven't read them but have seen the author interviewed on TV. Based on the interview, they are not Biblical and as such I do not believe that they are accurately describing the real and only God.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I have also read all of the books in this series.

Plus, I was fortunate to meet Neale Donald Walsh in person at a Learning Annex seminar in San Francisco a couple years ago. He was just like you might imagine him to be from reading the first book. A sort of 'regular guy' without an apparent agenda who wasn't quite sure how/why he ended up being called to write these books. His wife was also there, and she was 'a real person', as well.

Thanks for adding this centurion, I withdrawl my implication that he's out to make a buck. It's excellent to meet the people behind the works. Whenever anyone says "What do you think about (insert famouse tv, music or movie star)?" I usually say, "I've never met them". Fortunately for me, I've met most of the heroes I have in my life.

Originally posted by dbrant
I haven't read them but have seen the author interviewed on TV. Based on the interview, they are not Biblical and as such I do not believe that they are accurately describing the real and only God.

I think this is a very important point. I starting reading it thinking he was referring to the same God, capital G, that I know. After a bit, it seemed not the case as you've proven here.

[edit on 8-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
quote: Originally posted by dbrant

I think this is a very important point. I starting reading it thinking he was referring to the same God, capital G, that I know. After a bit, it seemed not the case as you've proven here.

Strange, he was referring to the GOD I know. However, the difference was he was not representing GOD as a vengeful entity. The Bible is not the only place with answers.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well I've wrestled for about a year after I've read those books if that was the real God or not. I later came to the conclusion that that's a more accurate portrayal of what God would be than that of the bible. The God in the CWG books is more intelligent and compassionate than the God of the bible, so IMO the God of the bible is more of a misrepresentation of the real God than that one of CWG. Reading further into the history of christianity gave me more of this conclusion. And furthermore it's more compatible with current scientific theories ( such as the holographic theory) than the judeo/christian god.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Strange, he was referring to the GOD I know. However, the difference was he was not representing GOD as a vengeful entity. The Bible is not the only place with answers.

How can one accept God and not the Bible when God is the one who is quoted? When he told people to "take this down" so to speak?

I also believe to say God is 'a vengeful entity' is misrepresenting, but I don't see that in the Bible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join