It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So there is no god...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm an agnostic, a revelation that there was absolute certainty that God did not exist would do nothing to diminish my agnostic status. There could be some other kind of paranormal stuff that could be potentially proven. Leaving out a creator would at least solve part of the mystery.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thats why i say it flow through the brain
it part of the fabric of the universe

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Biochemical reactions continue even after death
hair grows ect.. .for awhile
The only measurable differance at death is the absense of this
energy............

Hair and nails don't grow after death. The skin recedes making it look as though the hair and nails have grown.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
These are theories that support the existence of a god.

www.survivalafterdeath.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Hair and nails don't grow after death. The skin recedes making it look as though the hair and nails have grown.

Yep that's true...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wrong !....almost All functions continue after death for a Time

you continue to digest ..produce enzymes
cell division ...ect the processes in motion at the moment of death do not just stop cold ...!

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by straterx]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
But your nails stop growing...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Neuroscientist Sir John Eccles dismisses the materialistic standpoint as a "superstition", and advocates dualist interactionism: he argues that there is a mental world in addition to the material world, and that our mind or self acts on the brain (particularly the supplementary motor area of the neocortex) at the quantum level by increasing the probability of the firing of selected neurons (Eccles, 1994; Giroldini, 1991). He argues that the mind is not only nonphysical but absolutely nonmaterial and nonsubstantial. However, if it were not associated with any form of energy-substance whatsoever, it would be a pure abstraction and therefore unable to exert any influence on the physical world. This objection also applies to antireductionists who shun the word "dualist" and describe matter and consciousness as complementary or dyadic aspects of reality, yet deny consciousness any energetic or substantial nature, thereby implying that it is fundamentally different from matter and in fact a mere abstraction.

It states right here that if the mind is seperate of the brain then in has to react with the brain or else the mind becomes an abstract. The mind increases which neurons in your brain will fire. If this theory is true, your brain is still part of the mind. It may just be a vehicle for it but it is still necessary.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Well, i'd like to hear what each of you would do if suddenly we found out for sure that there was no god

This is an easy answer my friend Nerd. Those who believe, would not accept the fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Wrong !....almost All functions continue after death for a Time

you continue to digest ..produce enzymes
cell division ...ect the processes in motion at the moment of death do not just stop cold ...!

Until your body chemicals (acids/enzymes) become inert and your cells run out of the oxygen necessary to matabolize neutrients.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Not all at once ...overtime as the biological basis for support of these functions disappears they cease to function followed by decay...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

It states right here that if the mind is seperate of the brain then in has to react with the brain or else the mind becomes an abstract. The mind increases which neurons in your brain will fire. If this theory is true, your brain is still part of the mind. It may just be a vehicle for it but it is still necessary.

Of course it's still necessary. But compare it to a tv and a cable signal. If the tv is broke, that doesn't mean that the signal is also gone.
The brain is only needed so the mind can function in this physical world.

Without the brain, the mind still exists. But it doesn't have any means to interact with the physical world anymore.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Been fun catch ya on the flipside
If by mind you mean conciousness I agree
Thats how Energy Beings can incarnate and function
in this deminsional reality.....
Even your body is really a field of energy

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Read The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman...interesting theory...maybe god has already died and that whole heaveny thing is being run by corrupt angels

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by Pherophile]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You guys read too much in to theoretical meta-physics. The key word is theoretical, none of the points any of us have argued have been proven. Until one of these theories is proven, this arguement cannot be won.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So what is not theoretical meta-physics???

By experiments it's been shown that quantum particles don't really exist.

By experiments it's been shown that there is a collective consciousness.

By experiments it's been shown that there is a field that is within and through us all.

By experiments and experiences it's been shown that the mind can work independently from the brain.

But I gotta go to bed now. Tomorrow morning I'll explain more on this.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I hate to judge anyone here but I feel that it would be helpful.

For one thing, imagination is what developed science to what it is today. Every radical theory that was formed from an observation had to be imagined. Imagination is our greatest achievement since it enables us to see farther into the future, the past and reality. It allows for people to willingly change our views by imagining what and how it would affect the world

Lets not mix terminology so as to provoke confusion by saying that it is a life force; call a life force a life force and not a god because you obviously see a god differently.

There are 2 possibilities. That god does exist or that god doesn't exist. Both are 100% viable. I'm afraid that Christian belief in a god is more of a brain washing type thing. It was taught to you and was melded into the foundation that supports who you are. To shake the foundation lose is to shake your personality which would be impossible.

For those that are scientists and Athiests. Perhaps I can put god into contest for you.

You probably have heard of the superstring theory? In the superstring theory, there are ranging from 11-24 dimensions. Life evolved form the interaction in the first 3 dimensions by random chance. Isn't it just as plausible that in the elementary particles of 3 other dimensions - say gravity, light and electromagnetism could construct themselves by random chemical interactions and physics to make similar life forms? And these life forms could move on these 3 dimension like we move on the first 3 and unwillingly on the 4th. They could interact "paranormally" with this world just like an atom triggers a response in the light dimension(5th) and the light triggers a response in an atom. These spirits would seem to defy or be able to move through gravity, be made of light and control objects through electromagnetism.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
A bold query indeed. I cannot answer this statement
as it defies my personal belief system and theo-
philosophical positions. I only replied to share this of my enlightenment and I assure all it is relevant to this post:

I live as I aspire to become and am becoming. I have realized that I like all the common sense morality that the faiths offer and scriptures present. I will not speak at all of my personal beliefs in this matter as I have found that no matter what a one believes, follows or doesn't, that it is about LIVING BY what you believe whatever that may be. One finds that sharing speculations on faith or religious dogma with other like-minded people can be rewarding, yet if one shares with another who disagrees with their beliefs, it can be war.

Talk-Action=Nothing. Period. Therefore, I will only offer that I choose to assemble my being by living by my own deep-down standpoints with faith. One can or could assume anything about me and they would be wrong. No one knows my mind any more than I know theirs. Faith is a personal and spiritual thing. I wonder why it is that if people know God so well, why don't they act more like they know they should than fill spare time around their schedule.

With every statement one makes, another follows. It is insecurity and conditioning that has people attacking eachother as mortal enemies yet their very fear comes from not knowing exactly why they attacking

Evntually, no one wins as a battle in faith: which, as I said CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROVEN by the meaning of faith in and of itelf. Only when a one can BE can a one say I AM. If one speculates aloud their beliefs yet all of what they say is neglected in thought after the conversation what was the point of speaking on and possibly spendind energy, fighting over a non-
solvable arguement?

As for the post? One finds truth or lies, suffering or comfort however they want to anyway. I will agree or disagree with all posts in reply as to not 'suggest' ideas
in this realm by topical details. Whether one doesn't care about anything I have said as offered insight or
not, I have stated my contribution as best I could while minding my own paradigms. I am either sorry for wasting one's time or happy to find one in agreement. Pick one.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
all i'll say is, if you believe in something, then what's there to prove?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If I was to tell you that in this very space that there are many that occupy it what would you say?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join