It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So there is no god...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod

Originally posted by Gazrok

god = life = love

Oh man, thanks, I needed a laugh right about now...

Tell that to the Egyptian women who lost their first born children to his wind of death, or for all the innocents who died in Noah's flood...or the babies in Soddam and Gamora who perished along with their parents...or maybe the woman he turned into a pillar of salt.... Where is the love?
Man, that cracks me up....

Gazrok...after The Great Flood...God promised not to wipe the Earth clean again. He only did it because the people rebelled against Him...while corruption and violence ran amuck...the people denied His very existence. He split the "ark" people into nations...blessing Abrams people.
"I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

It's not love...it's God's perfect justice...as you might say. The Egyptian women's first born were killed by God to prove God's divine power so Moses people would be set free. Sodom and Gamora were destroyed because no one in those cities acknowledged God's existence...so...when Lot and his wife left before the destruction...Lot's wife doubted God...and therefore she was turned into a pillar of salt. He promised not to flood and destroy all things on the Earth after the Great Flood..but...God still brought justice upon the people if they denied Him and were corrupt.

so if someone wanted to prove their divine power, they could justify it by killing slaughtering a bunch of babies, or maybe burning a community of homosexuals? sounds like playground/bully scare tactics to me. i mean, if he is god, he shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone. is lacking a little something down stairs perhaps??
or is he just a plain ol' jerk?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Like I said... If God doesn't exist, we don't exist. Different scientific experiments and reports; different religions and scriptures; and different human experiences have shown that we are all part of one huge spirit, field, formless substance, energy, whatever you want to call it. And that it is within everything and in a deeper sense, is everything. And that our individualty and us being appart from it is an illusion.

God is us and God is within and all around us. Therefore, we will never find out that God doesn't exist, because then we would not exist.

I think that this is the billionth time that I've mentioned this on ATS.

That a baby Bandit. I'm happy to see that you know and enjoy the truth. If God did not exist we would all fall apart in a wad of crap. I'm speaking in the literal sense and not the figurative.

This illusion is held together and powered by the father.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
so if someone wanted to prove their divine power, they could justify it by killing slaughtering a bunch of babies, or maybe burning a community of homosexuals? sounds like playground/bully scare tactics to me. i mean, if he is god, he shouldn't have to prove anything to anyone. is lacking a little something down stairs perhaps??
or is he just a plain ol' jerk?

Well...okay...God isn't just "someone"...he is God...the Creator. He as already proved all that He needs to...it is up to you to believe and have faith in Him. I don't want to start preaching again...I will get back to this later.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
of course you will. that's what works for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I would do nothing.

Life would go on as normal for me.

Ditto. God isn't real to begin with.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
And how are you so sure about that, nottoohappy???

According to the latest scientific findings, the monitor in front of you doesn't really exist.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I find it sad that we have to belive in someone to live our lives to the fullest. So when you find out that god dosent exist, your world comes crumbling in. If god dose exist then where has he/it been while we sit here killing our selfs. He/it isnt doing a very good job at maneging the planet.

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   

And how are you so sure about that, nottoohappy???

According to the latest scientific findings, the monitor in front of you doesn't really exist.

Yeah, but I can see and touch it. If it were to be thrown at me it would hurt. God on the otherhand, has none of these properties.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Like I said... If God doesn't exist, we don't exist. Different scientific experiments and reports; different religions and scriptures; and different human experiences have shown that we are all part of one huge spirit, field, formless substance, energy, whatever you want to call it. And that it is within everything and in a deeper sense, is everything. And that our individualty and us being appart from it is an illusion.

Absolutely Correct
well Put Bandit

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So you judge what's real and what's not by your five senses.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
I find it sad that we have to belive in someone to live our lives to the fullest. So when you find out that god dosent exist, your world comes crumbling in. If god dose exist then where has he/it been while we sit here killing our selfs. He/it isnt doing a very good job at maneging the planet.

-Dagger

You could check out the book conversations with God to find some insites on your last two sentences...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The concept that God is in some way supposed to
micromanage all of creation is laughable
Even the idea of Good and Evil is a joke
Its All about Experience............

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So you judge what's real and what's not by your five senses.

Yeah, what do you use? Your imagination doesn't count. Faith=Imagination

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Show me youre consciousness
or do you have none ?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
or do you have none ?

I don't know exactly where in the body ie resides, if I did I would show you. There's probably a gland or something responsable for consciousness. IT's just a series of chemical and electrical reactions.

[Edited on 10/30/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Imagination is a whole other subject. You find out how Tesla used his imagination and then you'll really find out if it's real or not. Same with Einstein and Kekule among others.

Anyway, I also read about the findings of science.

According to quantum physics, the monitor in front of you is 99.9999999% nothing and the rest is just a mere probability. It just cannot be measured in a conventional way.

Ever heard of the Higgs Field, etheric field, zero point field etc...???

This field is where matter comes from. Scientists are still speculating on how this happens. This field is within everything and is everything. You are part of it as well as everyone and everything around you.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Brain is the name of the organ associated with
conciousness
The Bioelectrical energy that flow through it
is Conciousness
What is the only difference between you and a corpse ?
The Bioelectrical energy that fades away at Death

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The Brain is the name of the organ associated with
conciousness
The Bioelectrical energy that flow through it
is Conciousness
What is the only difference between you and a corpse ?
The Bioelectrical energy that fades away at Death

Actually i thought it was the Biochemical reactions stopping. Every neuron has an electric charge. To pass info to the next neuron acetylcholene is required to jump the synaptic gap. When your body can no longer produce the necessary chemicals, electrical signals can no longer be sent.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Biochemical reactions continue even after death
hair grows ect.. .for awhile
The only measurable differance at death is the absense of this
energy............

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

or do you have none ?

I don't know exactly where in the body ie resides, if I did I would show you. There's probably a gland or something responsable for consciousness. IT's just a series of chemical and electrical reactions.

[Edited on 10/30/03 by NotTooHappy]

Wrong!!! It's not in the body anywhere. They have found out the the mind does exist outside of the physical body. John Eccle is one of the scientists who found this.

ourworld.compuserve.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join