It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people keep calling Israel's attack "disproportional"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think Israel has gone too far, simply because of the amount of innocent lives lost against a kidnap/POW situation.

Which was not worth it in my opinion.

But the point of this thread is why is the word "Disproportional" is banded around?
The media does not seem to use another word?
I'm in total disgust of the mainstream media for the propaganda war that it is.
On both sides, but i know that's war.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's not about kidnapped soldiers, that was just the catalyst.

It's about constant rocket attacks on Isreali cities.

It's about an unstable region in the control of an anti-Isreali organization that wishes to destroy their country.

It's about an incursion into Isreali territory to attack Isreali troops.

I'm not happy to hear that any innocents in Lebanon have been killed. It doesn't make me feel very good to consider the hardship that awaits them as they struggle to rebuild their infrastructure once this conflict comes to an end. However my anger doesn't ly with Isreal for attacking Hizbollah; it lies with Hizbollah for hiding behind civilians, for using them as human shields.

I have to admit that I also find Lebanese and Hizbollah news sources to be highly suspect.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Um no, it is about getting to Iran and Syria and destroying Iran's nuclear capabilities and rooting out their governments & Lebanon's. Why do you think the US government supports it so much?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier

It's about constant rocket attacks on Isreali cities.

Riiiiight. I brought this up in another thread. Where was the bombing of Israeli cities 2 weeks ago. Another member pointed out that Hez did indeed attack on May 30th. Yup, A MILITARY BASE. Where's the innocent Israeli's dying here?

Continue on with your propagada if it helps you sleep.

I have to admit that I also find Lebanese and Hizbollah news sources to be highly suspect.

There's a surprise. Would you add in the Israeli sources as well? I would.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Not sure what your point is denied, but I believe they are actually saying "disproportionately", at least thats what the BBC keep saying.

What term would you have them say?

The action Israel has taken on Lebanon is nothing less than disproportionate, maybe a far stronger term would suit.

Israel has declared war on Lebanon, not Hezbollah, all though they have not used the term.

Thier reaction is akin to me putting out a pan fire with a hand grenade.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well the problem is that while targeting Hezbollah militants Israel attacks are also bringing casualties into the Lebanese population that has nothing to do with Hezbollah.

Going in full force into a country just to target one group could be seen as to excessive by some.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
What term would you have them say

Well they have not used any other word in the UK anyway.

It seem's that's the word is totally associated with this war, for the aggression of Israel.

"Disproportional" sounds a sad word for the total destruction of Lebanon.?

Hezbollah must be destroyed, a buffer zone.
Whats an appropriate word for Hezbollah's actions?

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I haven't actually heard them call it a war as yet, conflict yes, war no.

I agree, disproportionate is inappropriate, but until the west recognises the mis-match for what it is, and they won't cos' they already know, Israel will get to bully whomever they wish.

I couldn't lay claim to having a full understanding of Middle Eastern affairs or history, and Israel has become such a complex matter that, as long as the sky is blue, it will never be resolved.

I do know that whatever is going on over there has to bad, cos' both the US and the UK are quite happy to let it go on.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your lack of knowlege on Mid-eastern affairs is apparent. I cannot imagine why everyone seems to be forgetting that the group that Isreal is fighting has the backing of not 1 but 2 countries that on dailey basis call for Isreals distruction. Everyone is sadden at the human cost that this is having, but maybe, just maybe, the time has come for the state os Isreal to stop being a lap dog of the US and start acting like a country who's very existence is at stake.

As far as Lebanon is concerned, with the amount of money that has been poured into that area, it should be better able to control what goes on inside its borders. The government os Lebanon is not innocent in this ordeal...only its people. If it was so concerned about the well fare of its people it would have done a lot more to Hezballah out of its country.

There is plenty of blame to go around....STOP laying it all at Isreal's door.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher100
Your lack of knowlege on Mid-eastern affairs is apparent.

Yes, I admitted that, but can you admit your ignorance.

Everything is not layed at the door of Israel, the UK and US are equally to blame for the troubles in the Middle East.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The comdenation of Isreal is "disperportionate" to the comdenation of Hezballa. Someone on this site even had the nerve to blame Isreal for there even being a terrorist problem in Isreal. I would imagine that if it was Canada and Mexico sending rockets into the US and calling for the destruction of the US on a dailey basis then the thinking on this site would be different. Then you might be able to understand the position that Isreal is in....till then we dont have a clue what they are dealing with

Oh and your right right....the US and the UK are at the root of all evil in the world. I forgot about that ATS and PTS montra.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The comdenation of Isreal is "disperportionate" to the comdenation of Hezballa.

You're missing the point dude, condemnation of Hez is redundant, that's a given. You know "redundant"? In the dictionary for "redundant" it says, "See redundant."

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Riiiiight. I brought this up in another thread. Where was the bombing of Israeli cities 2 weeks ago. Another member pointed out that Hez did indeed attack on May 30th. Yup, A MILITARY BASE. Where's the innocent Israeli's dying here?

You're telling me that was not an act of war, an un-provoked one at that. Isreal is responding in kind, and there is nothing wrong with that. The UN and the Lebanese government have had plenty of time to disarm Hezbollah, but surprise-surprise, they have not.

Continue on with your propagada if it helps you sleep.

It does.

There's a surprise. Would you add in the Israeli sources as well? I would.

I sure as hell trust them more than I do their counter-parts in Lebanon and Hezbollah. I don't see Isreali leaders calling for the destruction of all Arab people.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
People seem to forget a huge factor in all of this.

Everyone keeps saying how Hezbollah started this all but, ah, not so fast!

Remember a few weeks ago when Isreali killed 7 people on the palestinian beach which caused Hamas to end their cease-fire??
www.cnn.com...

Well thats when Hamas decided to restart the rocket fire and thats when they captured that Isreali soldier.
Because of that, Israel stepped up its attacks on Hamas, which killed a few more civilians.
The goal of Hamas was a prisioner swap like their friends @ Hezbollah has successfully done in the past.

Israel has carried out several prisoner swaps with Hezbollah in the past to obtain freedom for captures Israelis. These include a January 2004 swap in which an Israeli civilian and the bodies of three Israeli soldiers were exchanged for 436 Arab prisoners and the bodies of 59 Lebanese fighters. In 1985, three Israeli soldiers captured in Lebanon in 1982 were traded for 1,150 Lebanese and Palestinian prisoners.

So since Israel did not bite on that one, Hezbollah decided to give it a try since it has worked for them in the past. (see above)

It seems as both sides have a vested interest in releasing prisioners.

A top Hamas leader said his movement did not coordinate with Hezbollah over the capture of the soldiers, but said it was "natural" for the two groups to work together in their demands for prisoner swaps with Israel.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

So, not to point fingers, but if Israel can claim that Hezbollah started this war I think that its only fair that Hamas and therefore Hezbollah can also make that claim...

Cheers!

[edit on 20-7-2006 by xEphon]

[edit on 20-7-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
You're telling me that was not an act of war, an un-provoked one at that. Isreal is responding in kind, and there is nothing wrong with that. The UN and the Lebanese government have had plenty of time to disarm Hezbollah, but surprise-surprise, they have not.

You are forgetting the manta being spouted here, "Daily bombings of the civilians." Appearantly didn't happen.

I don't see Isreali leaders calling for the destruction of all Arab people.

Nope, they just do it. Nike commercial to follow.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it's because "disproportional" is one of the drive by media's words of the week. Along with "collective punishment" of the Lebanese people.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Nope, they just do it. Nike commercial to follow.

Thank You.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those aren't just daisies. Actions speak louder then idiotic words blabbed out by batty leaders. Thats been one of their downfalls. They make those threats and it comes back in their faces, while Israel just does the action and won't verbally make the threat . In this way they have been extremely smart.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Intrepid......you didn't mention that the comdenation of Isreal is also redundant. But then again saying that would not fit into the big scheme of things would it?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Intrepid......you didn't mention that the comdenation of Isreal is also redundant. But then again saying that would not fit into the big scheme of things would it?

Ok, thanks for saying it mate.

It's what I believe.

The scheme is just fine.

Can we have the next contestant Gene?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

No it is about Israel saying to itself, They are sick and tired of being attacked now they are going to finish the job, whitch they should have finished off 6 years ago since the UN has not done nothing about it.

Although they say they are watching whot hey hit, it is obvious alot of civillains places are being hit, and they will not stop until they have eradicated Hezzbulla, and those in the roa will be killed also.....

And the UN or no one can stop it, Unless they Intervene with force.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join