It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites...all of them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Arabs look to US for diplomacy

I say F em. Let them blow each other up. I'm so sick and tired of the crap hitting the fan and they all turn to the US with sad puppy dog eyes and beg for help, but as soon as things settle down they want us gone and to stay out of their affairs.

The Middle East reminds me of a bunch of preteen girls rebelling against their parents...until they're broke and need money.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thats funny, the US administration reminds many people around the world of a bunch of rich, uneducated, spoiled and semi retarded teen jocks and cheerleaders that think they have the god given right to rule the world and tell everyone how to act, what to wear, what to do and whats cool or not. Either your with them or your uncool / evil.

Get over it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Thats funny, the US administration reminds many people around the world of a bunch of rich, uneducated, spoiled and semi retarded teen jocks and cheerleaders that think they have the god given right to rule the world and tell everyone how to act, what to wear, what to do and whats cool or not. Either your with them or your uncool / evil.

Get over it.

Yep. You're right. That is what every country thinks about us - until the poo hits the fan that is. Then they need us to come in and fix things.

Oh, and don't most preteen girls think that their parents "think they have the god given right to rule the world, and tell everyone how to act, what to wear, what to do, and whats cool or not"?

Yes, the analogy works out pretty well, doesn't it?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I said Jocks and Cheerleaders, not parents.

The US lacks any kind of maturity to be a parenting nation over anyone or anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I said Jocks and Cheerleaders, not parents.

The US lacks any kind of maturity to be a parenting nation over anyone or anything.

I know you said jocks and cheerleaders, but the attitude you said people take towards jocks and cheerleaders is very similar to the attitude preteen girls take towards their parents.

The only difference? Preteen girls don't go running to jocks and cheerleaders for money when they're broke.

Everyone hates on the US for "policing" the world and attempting to meddle in everything, but as soon as they stop meddling and things go bad, those same countries who wanted us out start begging for our help.

Isn't that the definition of a hypocrite?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Most of the people that absolutely oppose the US are actualy in that position because they want the US to keep their damn nose out of their bussines.

And your interpretation of the articles title is utterly wrong.

The US is the guarddog of Israel and noone can touch Israel without going trough the US. They keep protecting Israel in any and every circumstance.

Without the US changing its stance towards Israel, noone can do anything about Israel without unleashing the real WWIII.

Your interpretation of the title is whats hypocrit.

First the US makes it very clear that anyone doing anything against Israel will become their enemy, Israel has their full support and backing.
And then you expect people to go head on against Israel without checking first what the US is gona do?

Its the US that put itself in the position of being Israels guardian angel.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Matrix you have seemed to miss the point. Arab nations=hate America and dont want them involved in their affairs, until they need the US, then they ask for American intervention. South Korea=want America out of their country and not involved in foreign affairs, yet when North Korea set off their missiles, where did they rally and burn NK flags? In front of the US embassy. That is the point.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The US is the guarddog of Israel and noone can touch Israel without going trough the US. They keep protecting Israel in any and every circumstance.

Without the US changing its stance towards Israel, noone can do anything about Israel without unleashing the real WWIII.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do others NEED to do to Israel? Cross international borders to kidnap soldiers, fire unguided rockets onto population centers, or how about something smaller like blowing themselves up on a public bus?

I tend to agree with the author of this thread. Those rockets came from somewhere, right? So the countries that fund, train, equip, and support groups like Hezbollah do wear the hypocrit hat when they ask for help to keep their proxy warriors from being destroyed.

You can't unleash these groups on Israel and than ask for Israel's biggest ally to help save them when they get confronted. It's almost silly.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
The Matrix you have seemed to miss the point. Arab nations=hate America and dont want them involved in their affairs, until they need the US, then they ask for American intervention. South Korea=want America out of their country and not involved in foreign affairs, yet when North Korea set off their missiles, where did they rally and burn NK flags? In front of the US embassy. That is the point.

You seem to be missing the point.

They don't want the US anywhere near them, but they know that the US is Israels guardian angel and expect the US to do something about it when their protegé is out of control.

Looking4truth: nice onesided view on whats going on over there dude.

Would you mind looking at the damage Hesbolah has done compared to the damage Israel has done in Lebanon?

Some potholes and minor blast from Rockets in Israel compared to entire cities turned to debris in Lebanon.

Why you think they are mainly evacuating people from Lebanon and not from Israel? Because its Lebanon thats getting blown to hell and back by Israel and the extent of the attacks on Israel pales in comparison to what Israel is doing to Lebanon.

After the 9/11 fiasco I know its the US mentality to rather blow 3de world countries like Afghanistan and Iraq back to the stoneage instead of CATCHING OSAMA BIN LADEN THE BIG BAD FOE.

Bush even said Osama was no concern to him anymore and admitted that Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9/11, eventhough A Osama was the big bad foe that did 9/11 and part of the propaganda to go to Iraq was that Saddam aided Al-Quada.

But should everyone act heavyhandedly and plain ignorant like the US administration has been doing?

[edit on 18/7/06 by thematrix]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Israel does not need the US to fight for it, Israel can stick up for itself, Tthey have proven before they could do it and they will prove it again, (sadly too many innocent children are gonna get killed as result).

Is it not Lebanon that is asking for US HELP? just wondering.... And not all arabs in that region.

Does not matter what yall do anyways your either hated for intervenian or your hated for take nothing to do with it, yall cant win either way!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Looking4truth: nice onesided view on whats going on over there dude.

Would you mind looking at the damage Hesbolah has done compared to the damage Israel has done in Lebanon?

Some potholes and minor blast from Rockets in Israel compared to entire cities turned to debris in Lebanon.

Why you think they are mainly evacuating people from Lebanon and not from Israel? Because its Lebanon thats getting blown to hell and back by Israel and the extent of the attacks on Israel pales in comparison to what Israel is doing to Lebanon.

After the 9/11 fiasco I know its the US mentality to rather blow 3de world countries like Israel and Iraq back to the stoneage instead of CATCHING OSAMA BIN LADEN THE BIG BAD FOE.

Bush even said Osama was no concern to him anymore and admitted that Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9/11, eventhough A Osama was the big bad foe that did 9/11 and part of the propaganda to go to Iraq was that Saddam aided Al-Quada.

But should everyone act heavyhandedly and plain ignorant like the US administration has been doing?

Sorry but you're just not going to get any support for Hezbollah from me.

I don't care how you view the middle east, it's a FACT that Hezbollah was responsible for more american casualties anywhere in the world since the Viet Cong before 9/11. There is no logical reason for any American administration to not vigorously oppose that group.

I don't disagree that the damage to Lebanon is far greater than that inflicted on Israel by Hezbollah. I don't condone all of what is going on at all. Israel is making a big mistake and potentialy causing the fall of a government in Lebanon that is friendly to the US. Not all lebonese support Hezbollah and Israel is making far more suffer than need to.

I would prefer to see Hezbollah dismantled in another way, but a peaceful disarming of that group is unlikely. So what does Israel do? And why should the US stop Israel from destroying a shared foe? Land for peace was a sham, previous prisoner exchanges were just encouragement for more hostage taking, what can Israel do with a foe entnreched in the civilian population of Lebanon? And why would the US not want to see Iranian and Syrian surrogates like these in Hezbollah pushed to the brink of extinction?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey, everyone loves to complain that the US is the world policeman and should not be.

Ok, we are not playing world policeman on this issue-r u happier?

I also-sady- know when we are convinced to do something to stop this we will be accused bye the same people of being world policemen again...sigh!

If Russia wants something to change, why don't THEY do something to stop the murduring hezbolla-nahh, it's easier to complain about the US.

If China wants something to change, why don't THEY do something to stop the murduring hezbolla-nahh, it's easier to complain about the US.

If France/England.......wants something to change, why don't THEY do something to stop the murduring hezbolla-nahh, it's easier to complain about the US.

my pint is clear.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The main thing is Lebanon != Hesbolah nor does Hesbolah != Lebanon

The damage done to Lebanon is rediculous overkill to supposedly get rid of Hesbolah, same as the US bombed Afghanistan to the stoneage to catch Osama (WHICH THEY DIDN'T and as said by Bush himself, WON'T spend time on doing)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The main thing is Lebanon != Hesbolah nor does Hesbolah != Lebanon

The damage done to Lebanon is rediculous overkill to supposedly get rid of Hesbolah, same as the US bombed Afghanistan to the stoneage to catch Osama (WHICH THEY DIDN'T and as said by Bush himself, WON'T spend time on doing)

Actually yes Lebanon does = Hezbollah and vice versa..........

Hezbollah is a LEBONESE group operating almost solely in Lebanon and made up entirely of people from Lebanon. It's part of the government there.

I'm confused, are you sypathetic to the plight of the people of Lebanon against overwhelming Israeli force or are you using this thread to point out US failures in Afghanistan? Your posts are all over the place on this. It'd be easier to discuss if you could stick to one conflict at a time. I'm not even saying you don't have any valid points but c'mon..........

new topics

top topics

join