It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ah, it's about ads here on ATS.

Feel kinda bad now, it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't play sound sometimes or overlap the content of the page.

A little more discreet - I suppose it's kinda tough, and I appreciate the hard work and effor that's gone into building this online community.

Maybe we're being ungrateful, as I said in another thread I'd happily pay a subscription, I know it limits the potential audience somewhat but I believe it'd result in more quality content. the last thread I took part in descended into petty bickering - I wasn't an innocent bystander, either. I was probably somewhat of a moron in all honesty but was mostly tongue in cheek.

What about a system where those who willingly pay a small monthly or yearly subscription get an ad free ATS while those that choose not to have to manage with the ads?

It seems fairer than basing it based on contribution as my last several contributions in the afore-mentioned thread were...silly and pointless. The current system is actually easy to manipulate in your favour but it means threads descending into childish chaos.

On topic: the last ad that annoyed me on here was last night, I like browsing the recent topics, it's a nice, general round-up of what's been going on, I saw a thread titl;e that caught my eye and was reading the snippet from the opening paragraph then a Sky television ad rolled over the stuff I was reading.

Other than that they seems pretty random to be honest...there's no single ad that repeatedly shows up that's caught my attention in particular.

Ads don't actually bother me tht much if they're silent and don't move around the place and block my view of the meaty goodness within.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

All good bro, no hard feelings here either.

The only ad that bothers me here on ATS is the pop up box on the main page that automatically plays sound. Sometimes I like to listen to music, youtube channels or Sports and News talk radio while browsing ATS.

Like I said though, I just try to avoid the main page if need be, but I understand that the owners need to fund this place. I probably need to make a small donation here in the future, You know, For them putting up with me and all. LMAO! See you around. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Before I signed up here, I was following the ad rant thread when it got locked. Not before part of a post by user 'yummydogtreats' caught my eye. He said "at least there aren't any ads in between posts or hyperlink advertising.... (yet)"

I thought that last comment there was interesting because, well....

Seems some of us see vastly different ads to other users. I've never seen that jeep ad that's gotten you all wound up.
edit on 9415 by symphonyofblase because: Fixed spelling error. Pedantic.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase

HEY, THATS ME IN THAT POST!!!

Joking aside, this new drop down ad is KILLING me.
Hate the ones that are by the main top bar.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Dreaded Jeep ad is back, ON STEROIDS!!

I think I just got it on the home page, I accidentally hovered it and it covered more than half my browser and I could not find a way out of it other than to refresh the page which caused it to happen again so I therefore had to X out the page.

Anyone else see this yet?

It's at the top of the page, I believe it is called a banner ad.
edit on 22-6-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: real_one
I hate that Jeep ad! I don't even have to touch it of put my mouse over it for it to open. However, mine does show an "X" on the right top that I can close it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Today when I logged into my work computer I got the same ad, luckily I had the X this time. IMO it's still a very intrusive ad, I never even hovered over it that I am aware of.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The Pepsi Max ad that is a game that drops cans and won't X out even if you pick 'watch ad'. It usually starts in the middle of one replying in a thread. It is driving me nuts.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This Dominion Ad though...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
New jeep ad loads and hides its x to close it. Needs to go.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
well at least a MOD saw my complaint of the Ads. Thanks for the look semper.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This ad is driving me insane!! I really like to have more than one tab open. If I switch tabs as soon as I bring the mouse down it triggers that f(*& bird to open. I spend have of my time on ATS fighting that creature.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I REALLY don't like the window that always pops up UNDER the window where I am viewing ATS on.

I am currently using Firefox 39.0, WinXP SP3.

Even if i close firefox using Task Manager, the window reappears upon opening firefox again, going back to some adware

site (not always the same) Ususally though it is to a Comcast ad, trying to me me think its from my ISP.

PS, I NEVER click on the Exit Button, or equivalent on those windows.

link   
oops double post - removed

m32
edit on 2-8-2015 by mechanicx32 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post???

My keyboard is acting wiggy, sorry.

I noticed the current pop-under is to "driversupport.com".

Totally useless.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just had this show up on my mobile. Never seen it before, but it's rather annoying, as it stays on the bottom of the screen as you scroll, and can't be closed.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Ya I have been getting those too. Sometimes they get in the way if my replies too. Do just have to scroll down some more so not the end if the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I've been getting this USPS Ad for over a week now. Wondering if anyone has been seeing this one as well?
I just tried ATS in two other browsers the USPS ad didn't show but the Jeep ad showed up. Both of these ads nearly freeze the browser page. The Jeep ad takes over the top half of the page while being active. The mail ad plays without the courser coming in contact with it.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
GUYS!!

djarums, skeptic, and whoever else is running this site.

Do something about the damn mailman ad that keeps playing noise to me in Spanish every time I roll my pointer over it...

I know ads are important to you guys so I do not block them, and oh yes I know how..

I must say that is the most annoying and obnoxious image on this page, it takes up the entire top of the website guys..

Is it really getting that bad?

If it does not go away soon I will have to block your ads guys I can't deal with it much longer.. Damn thing drives me nuts

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

I've not seen that ad. Could you provide a screen shot?

HINT: don't roll over it.

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join