It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Nuff said
edit on 11/29/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What semper said. I pay through the nose for my internet access. I can't afford these videos that play automatically.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

semperfortis

Nuff said

I don't often say 'me too' but my God that ad sucks ass.

Very disruptive on a mobile.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Put this on the wrong thread:

Another ISSUE, I'm noticing today for the first time . . .

Way back . . . there was a commitment on the part of ATS's leadership that members who earned however many points and WATS scores etc.

would no longer have to put up with the ads in the threads.

NOW I NOTICE there's a very annoying and intrusive ad at the top of every thread on refresh etc.

Frankly, I consider that a broken promise, a broken contract between the leadership and the members. I'm not overjoyed about it
. By a long shot.

edit on 29/11/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Let me just say that the ads on ATS have never bothered me at all. If they help to add revenue to the site to help support it's operation I have no problem with them. To be honest I don't even see them anymore.

After reading the post above maybe I am not bothered by ads because I have been around long enough that I don't see them. Is that the case?
edit on Fri November 29th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

What is the ad? Post a screenshot of it here.

Apart from the annoying Xcel Energy ad, which I still get, despite my complaining to Charter Communications, I don't see any ads on ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

semperfortis

Nuff said
edit on 11/29/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

We're not running any ad networks that have a "push down" before the ATS logo. This is a rogue injection by someone else (that's typically where such unauthorized ads appear, before the top of the page).

I've not seen this ad, so there's not much I can do. If someone sees it, and is fairly competent with the "developer tools" (or web inspector) of Chrome/Firefox/Safari, please right-click to the left of the ad, and select "inspect element". You'll be looking for anything just after the "BODY" tag in the HTML.

Expand all the scripts and DIV tags before the HTML that puts our logo on-screen… then post or PM me the results.

Also, if you don't want it to be public, please PM me your Internet service provider.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
uhmm...SO...your new avatar looks like a fat old bald drunk, who went to a comicon convention dressed in a too-tight red spandex suit, trying to look cool...just sayin'
edit on 30-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

jimmyx
uhmm...SO...your new avatar looks like a fat old bald drunk, who went to a comicon convention dressed in a too-tight red spandex suit, trying to look cool...just sayin'

.... and this is what was waiting for him.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hey..just kidding!!...I mean, uhhh...has your family seen this?...ok,ok....it's great, fantastic,....my apologies, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest my armpits

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just got a popup about a virus warning...wasn't from my virus program, but a normal popup. Appeared to be from an ad popup.

Maybe that is what people have been claiming about and falling for. I didn't click anything and just restarted my chrome. Checked history, couldn't get the ad link prompt stuff/link.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Screen shot the popup fake warning ad.

And

Didn't get a URL. Didn't want to risk a virus download. Hopefully this ad is harmless, but with the few complaining about similar, this might be it?

XL5

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm getting a fake "update your java" full screen ad. I would imagine clicking ok would be the worst possible thing for any one to do. Only happens on ATS and yes I do know the ad's get scanned, but I wonder if ad's that are region/IP specific are scanned as well. I will try to DDOS them to death, wish me luck.....kidding!!!! I will try to get more info when (not if) it happens again.

Now I can not get it to repeat!....they are watching and screwing with me, watchin an screwn...
edit on 19-12-2013 by XL5 because: just my luck

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

adjensen
reply to post by BO XIAN

What is the ad? Post a screenshot of it here.

Apart from the annoying Xcel Energy ad, which I still get, despite my complaining to Charter Communications, I don't see any ads on ATS.

Thankfully, something must have been fixed and I'm back ad free again.

THX THX S.O. or whomever.

XL5

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The website for the fake java update is www.java-updating-now.com ...if it was my computer, it would happen on other sites too.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Game of War - Fire Age. The ad automatically redirects to the App Store when loading a page with this ad on it, it is very annoying. Safari on iOS 7 here.

edit: Heroes of Camelot does the same thing now, a game by Kabam.
The first game showed up on the main page, the second on the "Forums" page.
edit on 23-1-2014 by TommyD because: Adding stuff.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

TommyD
Game of War - Fire Age. The ad automatically redirects to the App Store when loading a page with this ad on it, it is very annoying. Safari on iOS 7 here.

edit: Heroes of Camelot does the same thing now, a game by Kabam.
The first game showed up on the main page, the second on the "Forums" page.
edit on 23-1-2014 by TommyD because: Adding stuff.

Wanted to edit, but was too late.. It's this ad:

For now I've found a sort-of-solution, which is "Restrictions" in iOS. This way you can actually make sure that nothing can redirect to the app/iTunes Store.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What are you people talking about? I have NO ads on my board.
I'm not tech savvy...but maybe there is an option to turn them off?
Mine are off and I don't even know how...I'll have to ask my man about that. (uggg...that sounded way more mysogenous than I thought)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TommyD

Yep, I'm getting that automatic re-direct to the App Store, too. Only on iOS, and I'm pretty such that it violates some rule of Apple's (non-scammers pop up an alert and ask if you want to open the App Store to download their app.)

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join