It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some weird looking sea life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i came upon some picctures of some really freaky sea life, goes to show what mother nature is capable of creating. These are reportedly bizarre fish that were washed up on shore after the recent massive Indonesian Tsunami.

Source and more photos

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
damn that black one with the huge mouth is so scary. It's like the one in finding nemo.
I reckon the ocean has way scarier stuff than land.
Which leads to the question - HOW SCARY IS THE STUFF IN OUTER SPACE. O_O

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I reckon some of the creatures yet to be discovered on this planet might be just as amazing and 'alien' as anything in outer space. More funding should be available for deep sea and cave exploration. There's some amazingly weird things out there.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
the big white fish 4th from the top reminded me of malin brando as an old man

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I like the Eric Cartman fish best.

Here's some more weird fish to add to the collection.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've seen all of those before except the pink one at the bottom of the first post. Although I do recall seeing fish like that before too. In fact I remember at least four of them appearing on my "Deep Sea Fish: Not For The Faint of Heart!" board last year.

posted on 17-7-2006

These are reportedly bizarre fish that were washed up on shore after the recent massive Indonesian Tsunami.

That was how many years ago? And the majority of those images are from an Australian deepsea research project, NORFANZ.

Viperfish, Blobfish, Chimaera, Anglerfish. All recognized species.

Which leads to the question - HOW SCARY IS THE STUFF IN OUTER SPACE. O_O

Not very, because fish can't survive in a vacuum.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

posted on 17-7-2006
These are reportedly bizarre fish that were washed up on shore after the recent massive Indonesian Tsunami.

That was how many years ago? And the majority of those images are from an Australian deepsea research project, NORFANZ.

Viperfish, Blobfish, Chimaera, Anglerfish. All recognized species.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Yarcofin]

yup i realsie that about the tsunami, i just quoted from the site itself lol, but i still find such species very intresting and scary *shivers*

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Everyone. You know that all these fish probably came from the black ocean. You know the deepest parts of the ocean where light never goes. like in Finding Nemo. The tsunami just washed them up onto shore

top topics

join