It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Isreal attacks airport in Beirut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Israel has just attacked an airport in Beirut. At least 5 rockets have been fired into the runway at Beiruts international airport in an aerial raid. Still waiting for updates.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh my goodness this war is getting crazier hmm world war 3 seems very possible now.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
U.S. should cut funding to Israel for this action. My teacher lives in Lebanon over the summer because that is where he was raised. He is like any other freedom loving american and now he is probably stuck in the country.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow WW3.... Here we go !!!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In the break on Fox News, they mentioned that at least 22 civilains were killed in the south of Lebanon.

The US should cut all support for Isreal for this.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
They better come up with a good explaination for this...this is ridiculous

both sides just need to chill and work this f***ing thing out, because as both sides continue not to resolve this centries old conflict, they are dragging the rest of the world down with them.
kind regards,
digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Why?
Because Hezbollah fired salvoes of rockets to Israel and abducted 2 IDF soldiers?
That was a clear declaration of War and Israel is responding accordingly...

Civilian casualities are bad, but if you're going to start a battle be prebared to take some hits. Israel didn't start this campaign, Lebanese did... and Lebanese government has done nothing to disarm Hezbollah, so they are responsible...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Civilian casualities are bad, but if you're going to start a battle be prebared to take some hits. Israel didn't start this campaign, Lebanese did... and Lebanese government has done nothing to disarm Hezbollah, so they are responsible...

I love how people like to preach "we don't hate all Muslims/Arabs/Persians etc, we just hate the terrorists... we're not against middle-eastern people etc etc.... this is a war against an isolated sect of extremists etc." Then, when there are dead civilians, we shift the blame to the Lebanese government. Do you think the family-members of those dead civilians are blaming their government? No, they're blaming the people who launched those attacks in the first place-- the Israelis, as well as the people who MADE those weapons (Americans). It's really QUITE clear why America and Israel are hated so much. We're bullies with no concern or respect for life. If we did respect life, in all forms, we would not so readily accept and dismiss the pointless deaths of innocent people.

Astounding how most war-supporters happen to also be conservatives who just love to lecture others on the "sanctity of life" and how upset they are that innocent babies die via abortion. Where is there "outrage" over THESE innocent deaths? If a test-missile in the United States suddenly went haywire and hit a populated area, killing scores of civilians, there would be investigations left and right... there'd be convictions to the tune of involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide etc. But when it's people across the world, people with brown skin, people who follow a different religion,......it's all "just a part of war." It's disgraceful.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Why?
Because Hezbollah fired salvoes of rockets to Israel and abducted 2 IDF soldiers?

Hey wait a minute.. wasn,t that palestine??

So isn,t that the same as attacking america because mexico did something naughty??

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That was a clear declaration of War and Israel is responding accordingly...

Since Hezbollah is tied into Lebanese politics, do we have a declaration of war?

Is it officially a war?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Then, when there are dead civilians, we shift the blame to the Lebanese government. Do you think the family-members of those dead civilians are blaming their government? No, they're blaming the people who launched those attacks in the first place-- the Israelis

The govts. of these countries (that support Hezbohleh and the like) do nothing to control, deter, or stop them. This is why Isreal strikes against them.

Now lets say a radical faction in the U.S. or U.K. took hostages from another country to extort them. Pick a faction...lets say Neo-Nazi's or the KKK.

If one of these factions grabbed someone the govts of said countries would have every branch of law enforcement all over them to resolve the issue.

Govt in Lebanon turn their heads, do nothing and then wonder whats going on when bombs drop on their heads.

link   
Nope Hezbollah fired rockets to israelis from Southern Lebanon...
And abducted 2 israeli soldiers... That caused the Israeli air attacks

Weird DeJaVu from the Gaza situation

Firebat
I'm not a conservative in an American sense. I'm Agnostic/Atheist, I support Abbortion and dislike organized religions. But still i feel that by allowing Hezbollah to open a military attack against Israel from it's soil, Lebanese Government is responsible. Civilian casualities should be awoided, but some times you'll have to respond rapidly in order to save your men and that means someone "innocent" may get hurt.

Ps. And before someone asks, Yes, i think that every military commander should value the life of his men more than the lives of the civilians from hotile countries. Own civilians are only ones who are more important than the men who you are responsible of.

[edit on 13-7-2006 by northwolf]

link   
Question: Do we lose Shiite support in Iraq if we are seen as overtly aiding Israel in their military manuevers? Hezbollah is a Shiite organization. Are their ties to the Shia in Iraq strong enough to spark further outrage against American forces there? If we lose the already dwindling Shiite support in Iraq, we can kiss that little project goodbye.

This thing could snowball very quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Hear is a thred with a little more info on the reagon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Things are just looking quite a bit worse over there right now then they have in the recent past.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You'll have to remember that Syria and Iran allso back Hezbollah...
I doubt this will affect the situation in Iraq unless US openly participates in Israeli operations, the covert alliance is and has been a well known fact for a long time, even to the Iraqis.

Worst that could happen is that Syria and Iran Step in and force US to act against Iran, then we have a real big PooBall in stead of snowball

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
they just might.

"U.S. condemns Syria, Iran for latest kidnappings"

Source

We also hold Syria and Iran, which directly support Hezbollah, responsible for this attack and the ensuing violence," said the spokesman

They always wanted to get at them somehow, now they can.

[edit: shortened link]

[edit on 7/13/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
they're blockading Lebanon....

www.breitbart.com...

I think Isreal is going to get their people back, they might kill them in the process, but they're going to get them back...

I agree, we should stop aiding Isreal, but I also think we stop aiding all the other places that we send billions to every year. We need to get our economy back under control, since if it goes, well, it's gonna be bad for every country in the world, not just us.

I'm sorry, try as I might to understand the middle east, I can't help but think that.....
THESE PEOPLE ARE NUTS!! if they blow themselves back to the stone age, can we just let them be with their spears and arrows? they'll do less damage to themselves and each other...

we want the safe return of our people, ya, so let's drop a hundred or so bombs all around them, let them know how much we care!!

I'll never understand their line of reasoning...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Israel also killed and injured a load of civilians living around the Palestinian foreign Ministery when they tried to bomb that with air to surface missiles and apparantly missed.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
To Israel it seems like the ideal situation to get rid of certain elements now, in the name of patriotism, leave nobody behind of your own country, aslong as these soldiers are not found, things may turn out ugly real fast. Now it's Lebanon, its now to flip a coin to bet on who'se going to be next.

And with that i mean Hezbollah connections with Iran/Syria. Can such an organization/Movement drag (convince) another two countries to start a war with Israel?
Sure, some anti-western extremists take action and the US blames the country as a whole.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Israel also killed and injured a load of civilians living around the Palestinian foreign Ministery when they tried to bomb that with air to surface missiles and apparantly missed.

The article I read last night gave me the impression that they did't miss....it said the top floors were destroyed....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join