It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one perfect formula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i have been watching shows and reading about past and ancient civilizations for a while now, and i have come to a conclusion and a theory. i read somewhere ( i cant remember at this moment where, but will post when i do remember) that on all walls showing writing from these ancients peoples there is a math formula. this math formula is the basic math that they would need to build things and understand the world better. the egyptians had it, the mayans, the ancient asian cultures and all beginning civilizations had this.

what did most all the ancient people have in common even though they had no knowledge of anyone else that was in this world either at the same time as them or before them. they all built somekind of pyrimid. and all of them were to the oriens belt, ( which is a fact) . this math formula is the same that plant life , people, all animals and every living thing is intergrated with. i forget exactly which numbers they are. but its to the effect that if you divide the length of your arm , with the length from your elbow to your shoulder. then again with the length between your elbow and your wrist, you get the same number ,,... no matter what the legth might be.
you can do the same thing with a flower. divide the length between the stem and the pistol and so on and so on. this was in divinci's notebook.

so my point is where did these people get this formula? where would every beginning civilization get these numbers? SOMEONE OR SOMETHING GAVE THEM TO THEM TO START THEIR LIFE HERE ON EARTH. its like the beginning building block of life. you can research this and you will find that this is true. archeologists have found these numbers in most all ancient writings. anyway, someone or something was helping us out and giving us baby steps to what we have acheived now.

just thought that this was interesting and i never seen a thread on this subject before.

im out
-mindtrip02

[edit on 12-7-2006 by mindtrip02]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
sumerians.
Thats were it all started, and it jumps at regular intervals (intelligence and inginuity).
Like something plops down on earth and gives us a new piece of the puzzle every 3000
years.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
read The God Code for information about mathematical formulas in nature and even in our very dna. sefer yetzirah (a kaballah book) also mentions mathematics (and geometry) in nature.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Perhaps no one gave anyone the formula, perhaps everyone had it because math is a universal language and they all discovered the formula independantly because it is the basic building block?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Have you ever heard about fractals, Mandelbrot sets, etc.?

If you are interested in mathematics mixing with Nature you may be interested in some reading about fractals.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Isnt the number 1.618? The divine Proportion or whatever the hell it is? Isnt that the end of the formula?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
OK, seems you still have a ways to go so I'll try to help out.

I'm guessing the formula you mean is the golden ratio or divine proportion.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm no math whiz so I can't offer you an easy to read, accurate description of it really. When I read this Wiki entry just now it kind of destroyed my thoughts on what the ratio actually is. I always thought that if you drew a rectangle, squared it, and then squared the new rectagle, ect... you would achieve a golden spiral, but I guess it needs to be an exact size rectangle to begin with to get a true golden spiral, otherwise you just get aproximations. Also, many of the forms in nature are just aproximations as well and not exact replications.

The Fibonacci numbers are much like this ratio. After starting with two numbers you can create a number sequence by adding the two previous numbers.(0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,ect...) By using these numbers as proportions, you can create an approximation of the golden spiral.

en.wikipedia.org...

Since you mentioned da Vinci, here is one of his most famous works involving a similar proportion in regards to the human form.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any of that ring a bell?

If you are interested, you sould check out the movie pi, it's a black and white indie film about a math whiz searching for the true number of pi in order to find patterns in the stock market. It's a pretty intense film, one of my favorites. He goes into a few descriptions about the things above and more that are pretty rad. Ultimately he is beeing consumed in his search for meaning.

I guess I wouldn't be too quick to jump to the conclusion of outside interference for this formula, people have been fascinated with beauty and proportion for a very, very long time. While I will agree that there is a lot we don't know about the past, when something is all around you someone is bound to take notice.

One last thing I have to add, I have heard the Orions Belt theory and read a couple books on the topic as well as many opinions against it and I don't think it is a fact by any means at this point. Also, as far as I knew it was only the Giza pyramids that were said to line up to the belt. Many other sites are thought to line up with other star clusters though. "Heavens Mirror" by Hancock has pictures of sites and theories regarding this, but be warned I've heard much of his work blown apart on this and other sites. I really don't believe much of it myself anymore considering the counter evidence in many of the cases. I do however feel that there was a fascination with the stars and the workings of the universe. To what extent their knowledge was we may never fully know.

thebeard

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
That box thing ? I knew it was special. Can see it in everything.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeard
One last thing I have to add, I have heard the Orions Belt theory and read a couple books on the topic as well as many opinions against it and I don't think it is a fact by any means at this point. Also, as far as I knew it was only the Giza pyramids that were said to line up to the belt. Many other sites are thought to line up with other star clusters though. "Heavens Mirror" by Hancock has pictures of sites and theories regarding this, but be warned I've heard much of his work blown apart on this and other sites. I really don't believe much of it myself anymore considering the counter evidence in many of the cases. I do however feel that there was a fascination with the stars and the workings of the universe. To what extent their knowledge was we may never fully know.

One thing people usually forget, or do not know, is that the position of the stars as we see them today is not the same as it was some thousands of years ago, so if something today is aligned to a specific start or constellation, that does not mean that it was always aligned to that star or constellation.

In the case of constellations the situation is even worse, because almost all constellations only appear to be a group of start because of our point of view. Some thousands of years ago our point of view may have been completely different, and what we see today as 3 stars in a line, for example, could have been 3 stars making an equilateral triangle.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am sorry but I find the notion that the ancients were too dumb to have worked things out by themselves so that all their knowledge had to come from space aliens laughable. When you don't have television and Xbox to take up all your brain cells on useless things you'd be surprised how deeply we can think.

BTW the mathamatical formula is called the golden mean which is a ratio, 1:1.6180 or roughly 8:13, originally observed in nature Most famously in the spiral of the chambered nautilius) and it describes how parts of a whole interact with each other harmoniously for ex: how each section of a chambered nautlilus shell is a mirror copy at a different scale of the one before it and how the next one will reflect them and so forth. The Greeks used it extensively in their designs, most noteably in the way the columns of the Parthenon were fluted to create a pleasing visual whole. Geometry is very simple when you get right down to it and you don't need space aliens to show you how to do it. Just pay attention...it is how the pre-literate farmers of the neolithic period worked out their planting calenders. Geometry and observation.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i dont think that the ancients were too dumb to figure things out, its just seems kind of odd that they all figured it out, . its not that easy to figure out., specially to people that dont have exact measurements to work with.
i still think it was given to us to get us started.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Perhaps, Mathematics, being the language with which God sang the universe into being with (I really hope that is something I just made up, if not I am doomed, I am lousy at math
) is wired into our DNA, after all the spiral of the double helix follows the porportions (can't spell either) of the golden mean.

top topics

join