It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Maybe he also has the ability to talk machines into doing something they weren't designed to do.

But a machine can only do what it was designed to do, or can be reprogrammed to do. He doesn't change the parts of the machine, just the programming of the machine.

He can't turn a toaster into a nuclear reactor by asking it. So I don't think he can turn a TV into a force field generator.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Okay guys, this is it. The Heroes finale. Peter and Sylar are going to beef for real, and something is going to happen.

Well, here are my early calls

* Nathan Petrelli will not go bad. He'll flip everything on his mother and Linderman (who is now dead, so all debts are paid)

* Sylar will die, but Peter will die along with him. The final battle will be too much for them, but the City will be spared the catastrophic explosion.

* The Linderman group is all but dismantled as of last episode, but a new group will form with Bennett as the figurehead. He will turn into a Charles Xavier of sorts, but without his own abilities.

* Mohinder and Bennett will join forces in the afore mentioned group.

* Jessica and Nikki finally reform as a single entity, but with the strenth of Jessica.

These are just some educated guesses. I can't wait to see how it develops.

Also, I had a quick observation from the last episode, but wasn't sure about my theory. After Sylar gives up Ted to the Feds, he seemingly disappears from view like he turned invisible. I don't know if anyone else caught that, but are we to assume that Claude is now dead?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think he just walked off quickly. I don't think it was meant to imply he turned invisible.

I don't think Peter dies. The 3 I think MUST survive to next season (for ratings purposes) are Peter, Hiro, and Claire.

They're not going to go with an entirely new cast next season. They've said that. Perhaps next seasons event will revolve around Claire actually going to Paris to find a new life and catching wind of some global plot?

I don't know what is going to happen and I'm not trying to formulate theories. I'm just along for the ride, and boy am I excited.

Although I'm gonna miss this show til next season!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You're probably right, I'm sure Peter survives somehow. I'm just concerned that they'll try to revisit the exploding city story, and having someone that can explode (Peter) in the next season kinda leaves that option open.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't know what the plot next season will be. Supposedly, the final 2 minutes of tonights episode shows where season 2 will pick up (and supposedly, it is going to be a huge surprise).

I'm excited.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wow.

Just...wow.

So many answers, but so many questions.

The beginning of chapter two was a bit predictable though (although I was predicting it would be back to the dinosaurs).

I won't discuss this much more til the west coasters have seen it.

Ugh...when does season 2 start again?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I gotta say, I'm slightly disappointed. Great story, but there were a few things they left out that could have made it a little better.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't think anything was left out. All bases seemed to be covered and every major question was tied up neatly.

I'm more than satisfied.

It was a bit predictable based on a simple knowledge of how television shows work, but it was extremely well done, and made you feel all the right things (humor, sadness, excitement, anger, etc).

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
They also introduced the major conflict (at least the surface of it) for next season about halfway through this episode.

Remember what Molly said about finding anyone...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
*Spoilers of course*

Wasn't Peter's vision of the future, of him getting ready to explode, in the middle of the city with police cars, in broad daylight? Where was the invisible man Peter also saw in his vision?

Hiro's first visit to Isaac's studio, and police station, was also during daylight, where he witnessed the bomb going off.

The ending was way too flat. I was expecting some huge battle between Peter and Sylar, and Peter barely even fought him. Same with Hiro. He learned all that martial arts training so he could just appear and stab Sylar?

Total big let down, in my opinion. They better have Sylar take Hiro's brain in the future and come back to that point so we can watch a real battle.

Oh and Parkman was supposed to be dead, right? He layed there, motionless with his eyes open, yet a couple of minutes later, he's on a stretcher in an ambulance with an oxygen mask.

This episode was too much of a let down. It wasn't worth the wait for the whole season. The ending with Hiro was also predictable. I knew he would be the samurai his father told him stories about.

And my last gripe; how did "Save the cheerleader, save the world," fit into this? Claire did nothing to help stop Sylar or Peter. Her whole purpose in the whole season was to remind Nathan that "The future isn't written in stone"?

I'm going back to Lost. I lost my motivation to watch season 2 when it comes out.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

This episode was too much of a let down. It wasn't worth the wait for the whole season. The ending with Hiro was also predictable. I knew he would be the samurai his father told him stories about.

...Well... It's as I've always suspected... Sometimes, "Out on a limb" is
exactly the place to be....

[edit on 21-5-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
*Spoilers of course*

And my last gripe; how did "Save the cheerleader, save the world," fit into this? Claire did nothing to help stop Sylar or Peter. Her whole purpose in the whole season was to remind Nathan that "The future isn't written in stone"?

I'm going back to Lost. I lost my motivation to watch season 2 when it comes out.

I don't know about the rest, we're not there in the UK yet but if Sylar killed Claire, the others would have a world of
on the hands, they would never beable to kill him.

So yes, save the Cheerleader save the world plays a large part IMO...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
So, All of that build up, and training on Hiro's part just to run 10 feet and stick Sylar like a pig? Sorry, but no. You take that sword and finish the Job, without question. The immediate follow up attack is a decapitation. He had time, I saw it in the overhead view.

And Peter? Why did he need Nathan to fly him out? Can't he fly himself? Why didn't he bolt? And, for that matter, why didn't Hiro port him out somewhere, like the middle of the Nevada Desert? Then port out, then pick him up later?

And the 17th century Japan thing looks interesting, but not exceptionally awesome.

All in all, I give he finale a 5 out of 10. Maybe if they had sprung for a 2 hour episode I could have been happier.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Season 2 will not be for me. This had to be the most anticlimatic season ender ever. Everything from the previously mentioned "pig stick" of Hiros to the nonfight between Sylar and Peter.
Peter and Sylar had the ability to rip each other to shreds and all they could do was stare at each other? Ughh...

Where was the action? Someone got waaaaaaay to much drama in their coffee the morning they conceptualized the season ender. Sheesh....lame.

Now compare this season ender with what will be coming up on Wed. night with LOST. Actually I predict there will be no comparison....

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
1. Those saying that the big twist in this episode for next season was Hiro going back to feudal Japan either left the room halfway through the episode and ignored what was being said (thus invalidating their opinions), or are deaf.

2. Those saying that Hiro learned all that samurai sword fighting stuff so Hiro could go samurai sword fight with Sylar don't understand. Hiro's father teaching him to Samurai fight was to give Hiro confidence in his ability to kill Sylar. Hiro was always lacking confidence. His sword fighting might come in to play next season, though.

3. Not enough action? Give me a break. What are we? 12?

4. Matt was never shown to be dead. And even if he is pretty much a goner but still has a pulse, he'll be put on an oxygen mask and in an ambulance. They might even do that if he had no pulse.

5. Yes, when Peter was about to explode it didn't match the visions. However, the point was to show that they changed their future and things weren't playing out exactly the same.

I loved the season finale. It wasn't the best finale I've ever seen, but it sure wasn't the worst.

[edit on 5-22-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
3. Not enough action? Give me a break. What are we? 12?

No I'm 45 and smartass insults aside I am entitled to be as digruntled about this episode and how it played out as I want to be - its called an opinion and at last check we didnt attack or insult your intelligence by stating it. Grow up.

Compared to the hype around this epi it was weak in comparison IN MY OPINION.

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hype and expectations are completely relative.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
If it comes down to something like Nathan flying into space with Peter, a la superman and the nukes in Superman III, they will lose this viewer.

Sorry to see you go Crakeur...

In response to the earlier "Save the cheerleader...", but what did Claire provide to the battle...Simone's dad answered that. He told Peter all that was needed was love and hope. Nathan's love for Claire and Peter is what allowed Peter to prevail. I agree with Crakeur though that the SIII ending was kind of a cop out.

Although I liked the episode overall I was disappointed with the "battle". There could have been so much more done there with Sylar/Peter/Clair/HRG/Parkman/Nikki-Jessica/DL/Nathan/Hiro all present.

Hopefully next season will live up to expectations. Hiro with or as Kensai. A villain worse than Sylar. Nathan dying from radiation poisoning. Or something like that.

Personally I would be most interested in learning how the Linderman-Pitrelli-Nakamora-(Simone's Dad) crew got together/grew apart.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
WOW !!!
So it's Noah Bennet huh ??...that was very cool how they put that in...

So Peter is now falling in to the ocean from about 50 miles up......thats gonna hurt when he lands.....should have flown himself......Too bad Nathan had to die......maybe he took Peter up.......dropped him...and flew away before the blast......we shall see.

Have a nice trip to hell Sylar.........keep it warm for Molly's "He who is much worse" when he shows up in Volume 2!!

Hiro back in Feudal Japan (1670) and look who shows up....Dad (Takezo Kensei ..A.K.A...Kaito Nakamura) in full battle gear during an eclipse !!! AWESOME !!

Nikki/Jessica are now as one....Nikki has full use of the super-strength and her mind is healed.......Great !!

Where or where is Claude ??

D.L. is still alive....Good !! It would have sucked for him to die.

Poor mama Petrelli...oh what will she do ??

Looks like the Company is no more.....great news for the Bennets !!

Candice deserved that pop to the kisser courtesy of Nessica !! (too bad we did not get to see her true form.

Looks like Mohinder found out he was working for the bad guys...but no more !!

Make sure you all check out the new site created last night after the finale......... Yagamoto Fellowship

Oh..I cannot wait for Volume 2 !!!

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that the guy they showed look up at the sun was Hiro's father.

I guess his power is immortality?

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join