It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes (Season One)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Hype and expectations are completely relative.

Never said they werent - that is a given. I have only stated that this season ender didnt live up to my expectations (based on the amount of hype NBC built into it), not that yours should have been lower. If you want to geek out over it, by all means go for it. Nothing wrong with that - I just expect more substance out of a show that is based on humans with super human abilities.

Cliffhanger schmiffhanger - no one even jumped off of the cliff. They just walked up to it and looked over the edge and kinda nodded their heads at it and just stood there. The whole season took on the pace of a casual walk and for my entertainment I need a couple shots of shazam during the year.

Soooo much more could have been done with this last show that could have resurrected the show in my eyes - but hey, thats just me, right? Carry on....

PS - I will say though that the F4: ROTSS trailer was hot....

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why did you watch the season then?

You can't expect bang boom bing bang boom every episode.

If you want that, watch 24.

I thought there was a perfect balance of drama and action.

Whats more, the action was relatively realistic in terms of the universe. You're not gonna have people shooting fireballs in the middle of Manhattan on a daily basis and still stay under radar.

All just opinions though.

[edit on 5-22-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think that the finale fits perfectly with the general idea of the show: ordinary people with extraordinary powers trying to make sense of it, their personal struggles in life affected by what they can do and the possibility to use it for more.
Nikki and her devotion to her family, how that helped her in the end to control Jessica, Nathan and his political aspirations chalenged by the possibility to save people using his powers. Peter's ultimate sacrifice for others.
Every character with their own personal story.

I think that people were expecting a more special effects-awsome music-action type kinda finale, like 24 or something. That would have ruined the whole concept of the show.

I loved the finale, although I am not quite sure what happened to Sylar in the end. I mean, he appears to be dead, right? But at the very end they don't show his body, they show a trail of blood on the pavement leading to an opened manhole, the trail looks like Sylar crawled to the hole or someone dragged him. It would be cool if he is still alive, he was my favourite character

Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to season 2.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that the guy they showed look up at the sun was Hiro's father.

I guess his power is immortality?

That would be my guess !! More that likely given to him from the Dragon ! for it was stated he died when he gave the Dragon his heart...so when the Dragon gave it back...he became immortal !

AWESOME Ending !!

I wonder if the new villian is Uluru ??...we shall see !

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Why did you watch the season then?
You can't expect bang boom bing bang boom every episode.
If you want that, watch 24.

Well, I did quit watching it about halfway through the season. It was just too slow and plodding for me and it wasnt leaving me anything to look forward to from show to show - I kept thinking that something was going to happen to shine up the show but it just never did.

But I thought that I would at least give it one full season to make any kind of judgement about whether it was my type of show or not so I caught back up and rode along anticipating this KA season ender, expecting this to spool up some and it just sat there, idling for the most part.

No there cant be bam bam every epi and as far as 24 goes I think that there is too much of it in that show. I think that I was more dissappointed with the lack of the story evolving than anything else.

I thought that we didnt have a whole lot more at the seasons end than we had from the first 2-4 shows. It branched out a bit during the year but never really went anywhere to me.

Anyway, I'm outta here - enjoy your show.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

1. Those saying that the big twist in this episode for next season was Hiro going back to feudal Japan either left the room halfway through the episode and ignored what was being said (thus invalidating their opinions), or are deaf.

No, I got it. There's the guy who can see molly when she looks for him. And he's bad, and all that. We get it, it just wasn't enough to get me suped for next season.

2. Those saying that Hiro learned all that samurai sword fighting stuff so Hiro could go samurai sword fight with Sylar don't understand. Hiro's father teaching him to Samurai fight was to give Hiro confidence in his ability to kill Sylar. Hiro was always lacking confidence. His sword fighting might come in to play next season, though.

Yes, he learned it for confidence, and also to kill Sylar. Like I said, there was no finishing move, just a quick jab. Decapitation is the only way to be sure.

And, what's the deal with no one noticing Sylar's body being MIA? You'd think at least Bennet would be flipping his $#!+

3. Not enough action? Give me a break. What are we? 12?

No, we're comic book and superhero fans who expect more from a super hero/villain fight than Peter punching Sylar in the face a bunch of times.

Would anyone think that a battle between Iceman and The Human Torch would just have a human Johnny Storm punching Bobby Drake in the face a bunch of times? Pretty lame

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great episode last night.

For a finale though I thought it kind of fizzled out. I was expecting more action and special effects. The episode did however make everything relevant and connected some lose ends.

The ending (or beginning of "Generations) was pretty cool. I'm guessing each season will take place in a different time. I sort of expect Season 2 to be a prequel of sorts. I'm thinking it will be the generation before with young Linderman and Peter Petrelli's father. There is definantly a story to be told there.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Attention Heroes Fans From N.America and the UK

I'm looking for two people who like to write and love Heroes to collaborate with me in making two new Heroes threads.
One thread will be "Heroes: Volume 2 Generations (North America)" and the other will be "Heroes: Volume 2 Generations (UK)"
The second "UK" thread is needed for Heroes fans in the UK who do not want to read spoilers that are being discussed be American viewers.

Anyone interested can shoot me a U2U.

[edit on 22/5/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It was good to see Peters brother Nathan step up and save lives rather than bask in the glory of the world under his helm. I wonder if next year he comes back. They could say he threw Peter up, and flew off at the last second to avoid the explosion. Peter will be back, his smoldering corpse will probably smack into Canada, or Buffalo or something. Hopefully in the back woods so he can have time to heal before someone messes with him. Its all good though because I was ready to be disappointed with the ending, but was pleasantly suprised. The only bad thing about the last episode was that it should have been a two hour finalle like 24.

Noah Bennett- Professor X
Sylar- Magneto
Claire- Wolverine (W/O the adamantiam)
Peter- Jean Grey/Pheonix
Nikki- Rogue
MOHINDER- Storm (With no powers)(Has the same kind of personality.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Noah Bennett- Professor X
Sylar- Magneto
Claire- Wolverine (W/O the adamantiam)
Peter- Jean Grey/Pheonix
Nikki- Rogue
MOHINDER- Storm (With no powers)(Has the same kind of personality.

Comparing to X-Men?

I'd more likely go this way,
Bennett- Senator Kelly. He understands the powers of these heroes, but would fight them, and harm them if necessary to protect the world. However, after understanding that it doesn't need to be a "them or us" situation, ends up helping in the end.

Sylar- Possibly Legion. Multiple powers in a mind unable to handle them properly. Violent, for violence's sake, and uncaring in regards to the effect it has on the world, or any timeline.

Claire- Sure she has the healing factor, but she's just a little girl. I'd compare her to Kitty Pride character wise. Or maybe even Jubilee

Peter- He's a goody two shoes, who cares too much. No way he's phoenix (dark or otherwise). I'd say he's more of an X-Man.

Nikki- I may say that she's more like Legion in the sense of having multiple personalities actually. I may have to rethink who Sylar is in that case.

Mohinder- Probably more like a Moira McTaggart. Just a human out to help the mutant population. Good natured, and good hearted.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This whole season no one could come close to killing Sylar. He was to powerful. He could hear you coming. He stopped six bullets, broke Hiro's sword and on and on. Then in the end Hiro just runs fifteen feet from him and stabs him with no fight. That's BULLSH*T!! All this time Sylar was awesome at being evil and to hard to kill. I don't get it. That was to easy and I'm really disappointed in the ending as far as that goes. Now on the lighter side of things I'm glad that Nathan came to his brother and took him away. I feel Peter would of done the same for Nathan. I'm just wondering why Peter didn't fly off himself? And it's going to be interesting to see what happens to Hiro and where he ended up, and will he still have his powers? I'm still interested in the show but have to say that killing Sylar should of been an all out Heroe gang bang bloody mess. It was to easy.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
This whole season no one could come close to killing Sylar. He was to powerful. He could hear you coming. He stopped six bullets, broke Hiro's sword and on and on. Then in the end Hiro just runs fifteen feet from him and stabs him with no fight. That's BULLSH*T!! All this time Sylar was awesome at being evil and to hard to kill. I don't get it. That was to easy and I'm really disappointed in the ending as far as that goes. Now on the lighter side of things I'm glad that Nathan came to his brother and took him away. I feel Peter would of done the same for Nathan. I'm just wondering why Peter didn't fly off himself? And it's going to be interesting to see what happens to Hiro and where he ended up, and will he still have his powers? I'm still interested in the show but have to say that killing Sylar should of been an all out Heroe gang bang bloody mess. It was to easy.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Solarskye]

Not necessarily. Perhaps Hiro slowed down time when he did it?

Or perhaps Sylar was so preoccupied using so many powers at once he just became confused/overwhelmed and couldn't think fast enough?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This whole season no one could come close to killing Sylar. He was to powerful. He could hear you coming. He stopped six bullets, broke Hiro's sword and on and on. Then in the end Hiro just runs fifteen feet from him and stabs him with no fight. That's BULLSH*T!!

Normally I'd agree with you, but Sylar did say "You?!" in a kind of pitiful way. As they'd already established the episode before Sylar is not concerned because he does not believe Hiro has it in him to be a killer, so I coul live with him not being too concerned...just about!

I'm just wondering why Peter didn't fly off himself?

haha I wondered that myself!

I'm still interested in the show but have to say that killing Sylar should of been an all out Heroe gang bang bloody mess. It was to easy.

I agree to an extent but I still liked the way things turned out, it had a nice mood. I think the problem with the episode was two-fold:

1) They don't have a big summer movie budget to pull off what we wanted to see.

2) It should have been a double bill of episodes ala 24 (which ended amazingly) and of crouse Lost. It felt like they had to wrap up all the loose ends too quick.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by John Nada]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

No, we're comic book and superhero fans who expect more from a super hero/villain fight than Peter punching Sylar in the face a bunch of times.

Would anyone think that a battle between Iceman and The Human Torch would just have a human Johnny Storm punching Bobby Drake in the face a bunch of times? Pretty lame

I'm not. I hate comic books, actually.

I think you guys might be missing the point of the show. Its a show about ordinary people who discover they have powers and want to keep it under the radar. Not about superheroes everyone knows about who can cast lightning bolts all around at their discretion.

They're all confused, and still learning to cope with it. None of them (outside of Claire) are truly confident in their abilities. The show tries to realistically portray how a group of ordinary people who discover such a thing would react. I think they nailed it.

How would you react if there was a psycho killer trying to kill people standing in your presence? I know even if I was Bruce Lee reincarnate, I'd run as far as I can or sit in the background. I'm trying to live and I'm not gonna go risk my neck for perfect strangers (in most situations). Most of them were, in fact, perfect strangers.

[edit on 5-23-2007 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Did anyone else pickup on one of Sylar's powers being revealed ??

When Peter and Noah Bennet were at Kirby plaza...they were wondering where Sylar was and Peter said : "he's hiding in plain sight"

THATS THE POWER SYLAR USES !!

I often wondered how Sylar would just show up out of the blue......it's NOT invisibliity....but the ability to hide in plain sight !! What an ability that would be to have........someone is looking for you...and your right there...but they cannot see you because YOU do not want them too.....

SYLAR LIVES !!!

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

This whole season no one could come close to killing Sylar. He was to powerful. He could hear you coming. He stopped six bullets, broke Hiro's sword and on and on. Then in the end Hiro just runs fifteen feet from him and stabs him with no fight. That's BULLSH*T!!

Normally I'd agree with you, but Sylar did say "You?!" in a kind of pitiful way. As they'd already established the episode before Sylar is not concerned because he does not believe Hiro has it in him to be a killer, so I coul live with him not being too concerned...just about!

Ya you could be right about that. Hiro did get the training and confidence he needed from his father and Sylar didn't know about that. But still if I was Sylar I'd kill them all right then and now. I did notice that Sylars eyes went dull looking like Peter's and Claire's did when they died. Anyone think he'll come back to life or is he done.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Spoilers...

Spoilers....

Question: The Heroes finale was awesome, but I'm a little worried about Peter and Nathan. Please tell me they are coming back next year.— Renee

Ausiello: (Major spoiler alert) They'll both be back next season.

Question: Whoa! What an ending for Heroes! What's the word on that creepy guy who's worse than Sylar and freaks out Molly?— Antonio Lopez

Ausiello: We'll meet the big, bad bogeyman early next season, and word on the street is the role's already been cast.

End spoilers

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

3. Not enough action? Give me a break. What are we? 12?

Sorry, but waiting months and months for a big fight involving two over powered individuals who have accumulated some of the greatest powers known to man, just to see them end up in a fist fight is a big let down. By your statement, only 12 year olds enjoy a good fight? No, we're not 12, we're adults who have opinions. Maybe a 12 year old would be ok with Peter and Sylar's fight, but not us.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think the Syler/Peter fight was exactly what I thought it would be. Peter's not really that confident in his power, not at this point anyway, so Syler using his powers, and Peter coming out swinging fit for me.

I never thought Nathen would help his panicked brother (which is why I think he didn't think of flying off), and was both happy and sad that the brothers went that way. I'm glad for the spoiler though.

I love this series. I can't wait to get Season 1 on DVD. (Comes out Aug 28)... My tivo messed up and I missed a few esp. :bnghd:

It's going to be a long summer now, with out my Monday night pick me up.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
I can't wait to get Season 1 on DVD. (Comes out Aug 28)...

Has that been confirmed? I haven't seen anything out there about it.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join