It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Heroes (Season One)

page: 27
11
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How dare you of all people compair "Lost", a mystery.

to

"Hero's" a x-men style comic. Bad form ole chap. lol

I remember the thread about which Hero's ability I would want. I took peter, that's right in the future. I've got everyone elses ability, and a hot blood, with a cool scar right down the middle of my face.

What I want to know is why they couldn't just have the battle that Sylar, and Peter where fixing to have at the end, start breaking out into the streets. Its a hypothetical since the "Future" is always like a piece of clay that never hardens. This could have busted out into the streets, gone all Neo vs. Smith at the end, and it could have gone either way. The writers always had the out that it was in the "Bad" future. If Peter loses, oh well, he gets a power in an up coming episode, later down the line. These "Writers" lack vision, we need to hire Todd McFarland or something.

All in all it was good that we saw a glimp's of a good battle.

Who thought it was sweet that the President, right after talking about the evil mutant population flew up and broke the sound barrier right in front of the nation. That was freaken awesome. Even if it was Sylar who did it.

PS I new it was Peter who blew up New York. Sylar would never kill that many people unless they were Mutants, he only cares about killing those with power, he wants to Lex Luther the future and carve a Sylar was here on everything.

DJMessiah-Did you notice when Claire cut herself and the thing healed but there was a scar. Maybe if you cut too deeply you can heal but you also get a scar.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Royal76]




posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
How dare you of all people compair "Lost", a mystery.

to

"Hero's" a x-men style comic. Bad form ole chap. lol


I'm not the one bringing up Lost in this thread and if you guys would drop it already we could continue talking about Heroes instead.




What I want to know is why they couldn't just have the battle that Sylar, and Peter where fixing to have at the end,


Then what would they do in the end of the season? There has been a huge build up to the final battle between Hiro and Sylar.
This is a story with a beginning middle and end. It has to come to a climax, which is the final battle. These mini battles are just to wet the appetite.



These "Writers" lack vision, we need to hire Todd McFarland or something.


McFarlane hasn't had "vision" since the 90's. I could go on but I have the feeling that would hijack this thread more than Lost has.




PS I new it was Peter who blew up New York. Sylar would never kill that many people unless they were Mutants, he only cares about killing those with power, he wants to Lex Luther the future and carve a Sylar was here on everything.


Syler doesn't care who he kills. He has but one goal, to kill and take as many powers as he can. His character has been pretty well defined as a "nobody" who wants to be special. In his mind now that means becoming the full potential of an evolved human.



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If in the battle with future Peter, Sylar had managed to win, wouldn't that mean that he would have the power to use time travel too? This would give him the power to come back in time and let the past Sylar take his future self's brain, thereby giving him all the powers he was trying to achieve in the past.



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If in the battle with future Peter, Sylar had managed to win, wouldn't that mean that he would have the power to use time travel too?


Theyseeall might have a better answer than me but I'm wondering if Sylar has to cut the top of their heads and take their brains to achieve that?
Can Sylar get power from someone who is getting the power from someone else? Does that make sense?

Awesome episode !! I say forget save the cheerleader save the world. I say kill Sylar and save the world. And I feel Hiro needs to go back to before Peter saves Claire, because anytime after that Sylar can regenerate. I really love it win Ando tells Hiro to talk to himself and Hiro says I'm scared of me. Just priceless. Heroes is growing fast on me and I'm finding myself waiting with bitten fingernails for Monday night.

Edit just to say. TheySeeAll or Unbrax, DjMessiah anyone please don't let me be the last post until next week.


[edit on 5/2/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Solarskye]



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
If in the battle with future Peter, Sylar had managed to win, wouldn't that mean that he would have the power to use time travel too? This would give him the power to come back in time and let the past Sylar take his future self's brain, thereby giving him all the powers he was trying to achieve in the past.


That is an interesting idea. Time travel is so messy it hurts my brain

I don't believe we will ever see that timeline again so I guess this will never be addressed in the show.


Originally posted by Solarskye

Theyseeall might have a better answer than me but I'm wondering if Sylar has to cut the top of their heads and take their brains to achieve that?
Can Sylar get power from someone who is getting the power from someone else? Does that make sense?


Yes Syler would have to get into Peter's brain to take his powers.




Edit just to say. TheySeeAll or Unbrax, DjMessiah anyone please don't let me be the last post until next week.



You must be confusing this for the Lost thread. They see ALL just watches Heroes once in a while.



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
DOes a brain need to be fresh for Sylar to transfer abilities? Future Hiro was shot, and his brain remained intact. If "The President" wanted to see Hiro's body, he could easily take his brain.

I'm sure Umbrax is right in that they won't address this timeline any time soon, but that timeline does exist somewhere, and it branches off from this one. If Heroes lasts for any good period of time, they could reintroduce the story.

Pretty unlikely though



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
DOes a brain need to be fresh for Sylar to transfer abilities?


We still don't know exactly how Syler steals people's powers. We do know his original power is to know how things work by looking at them and probably "fix" them.
Best we can tell he has to remove the brain of his victim and do something with it and/or his brain to acquire the power.
Honestly I doubt they will ever fully explain what he does. I think they painted themselves into a corner on this one.



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
That is an interesting idea. Time travel is so messy it hurts my brain

I don't believe we will ever see that timeline again so I guess this will never be addressed in the show.


Time travel is a mystery, you never know.



Originally posted by Umbrax
Yes Syler would have to get into Peter's brain to take his powers.


But Peter isn't the orignal host of all his powers, just the one he acquired.
oops! I guess the one he acquired was being able to use the powers of others, so scatch that.




Originally posted by Umbrax
You must be confusing this for the Lost thread. They see ALL just watches Heroes once in a while.

You caught me again
What ever happened to Voidmaster who started this thread?



posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
What ever happened to Voidmaster who started this thread?


He was online 15 minutes ago. Last I talked with him was a week ago when I made his avatar.



posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
We still don't know exactly how Syler steals people's powers. We do know his original power is to know how things work by looking at them and probably "fix" them.
Best we can tell he has to remove the brain of his victim and do something with it and/or his brain to acquire the power.
Honestly I doubt they will ever fully explain what he does. I think they painted themselves into a corner on this one.



My guess is that Sylar removes the brain.....studies how it functions and its "mapping" and reconfigures his own brain to match......THAT is Sylar's first true power.....all the rest are stolen..........he does not "eat" the brain as some have suspected......never did.



posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If in the battle with future Peter, Sylar had managed to win, wouldn't that mean that he would have the power to use time travel too? This would give him the power to come back in time and let the past Sylar take his future self's brain, thereby giving him all the powers he was trying to achieve in the past.


Ok now my freaken head hurts. Thanks alot man, lol. Just on the possibilities.

Brax- I just think they could have had the "future 1.1" battle with Peter vs. Sylar go on. It could have just been a fun what if. It could have taken up most of the next episode if done right. Just because the outcome was one way that time, doesn't mean it would come out the same next time. They would all have different powers, because the past changed. There are many factors in this. They would run into different people, environment would change, etc. They could have let the battle go on, and said hey it was a hypothetical because it was in a future that has already changed.



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
OK. First off most a freakin' amazing episode.

Now there is one thing i don't get maybe i missed something somewhere but here it is. Future hero said he failed or something because he couldn't kill sylar when he stabbed him because he just regenerated because he has absorbed claire's power. But then in then it shows claire is still alive? and he eventually takes her power? But i thought he already had it? What am I missing?



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In Future Hiro's original timeline he fought with Syler but could not defeat him because he has Claire's healing power.
Hiro then changed history by traveling to the past and having Peter stop Syler from acquiring Claire's power. This stopped Syler from blowing up New York but for some reason Peter blew it up instead.



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
Now there is one thing i don't get maybe i missed something somewhere but here it is. Future hero said he failed or something because he couldn't kill sylar when he stabbed him because he just regenerated because he has absorbed claire's power. But then in then it shows claire is still alive? and he eventually takes her power? But i thought he already had it? What am I missing?



Good catch!!

I didn't even notice that. It's definitely a plot hole.



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
In Future Hiro's original timeline he fought with Syler but could not defeat him because he has Claire's healing power.
Hiro then changed history by traveling to the past and having Peter stop Syler from acquiring Claire's power. This stopped Syler from blowing up New York but for some reason Peter blew it up instead.


But Hiro never said it was a different timeline did he? I thought he only made the one trip. That's why he was surprised to hear that Claire had actually been saved.

I'll have to re-watch the episode.



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
*Sigh*

I wish Doc Brown was here. He could explain this way better than I could.




posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
In Future Hiro's original timeline he fought with Syler but could not defeat him because he has Claire's healing power.
Hiro then changed history by traveling to the past and having Peter stop Syler from acquiring Claire's power. This stopped Syler from blowing up New York but for some reason Peter blew it up instead.


But then if this were the case and he did change the course of time HIRO would of ended up killing sylar when he stabbed him. And sylar would be dead in the future timeline....



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It seems to me that by "Saving the Cheerleader" they changes a lot more than preventing Syler from gaining Claire's powers.
Time travel is messy, messy, messy.
By stopping Syler from killing Clair and eventually his arrest by "the company" his path would have been changed very much.
Clearly things didn't go as Future Hiro had planned.

We've got a few more episodes left before the season is over. I'm sure these other differences will be explored before we are done.



posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sylar should have gone with Hiro's brain from the beginning. Think about it - Hiro has the ability to stop time. If Sylar takes his brain, he can freeze time and take anyone's and everyone's brain, without anyone being able to stop him. The Haitian might be immune, but Sylar could always use his telekinesis at a distance and hurl and object at the Haitian. Then once he takes the Haitain's brain, no hero alive will deny Sylar's goal.



posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He guys,
I've got the previews and sneak peeks up.

Heroes Video Previews for "The Hard Part"



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

log in

join