It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women can make sperm!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time, but a new scientific breakthrough may lead to women in the future being able to produce sperm.

Scientists in England have turned stem cells from am embryo into sperm which are capable of producing offspring.

Read it here SPERM MAKER'S

It could mean the end for us men. But at least we know that the women of the future will live in the dark, coz they cant change a light-bulb, that I know!!!

McP

EDIT: maybe this should have gone in IgnoranceDenied.com

[edit on 11/7/06 by Mcphisto]

mod edit:
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 12-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Feminists have been drooling on themselves for decades waiting for a breakthrough such as this. Fear not. When inevitably social order collapses and technology grinds to a halt due to a lack of energy or neglect, the species will survive as it always has and the traditional model will once again emerge.

This is my personal interpretation of the story of Sisyphus.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My ex-girlfriend always said that men are worthless,
it would appear now that she was right...

(oh well, we had a good run, I guess...)

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
But at least we know that the women of the future will live in the dark, coz they cant change a light-bulb, that I know!!!

Man - I am soooo biting my tongue....

Seriously though, where is the playing god game gonna end? I really think mankind is going too far in the creation game, and personally I'm not looking forward to all the repercussions we can't even imagine that may emerge.

Can't we just invest all this time, money and effort into really serious things like chronic illness and cancer cures?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Damn scientists! Why do they consistently try to fix things that arent broke? Sure, the origninal concept of allowing infertile men to have kiddies was a good one, but you can just see feminists using this as a way of getting a baby, without using the natural methods.

This must be one of the few aspects of Stem Cell research i don't agree with.

Perhaps we can get someone to trash the lab, and prevent the destruction of Men....

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Scientists in England have turned stem cells from am embryo into sperm which are capable of producing offspring.

What's more interesting about this story is that one stem cell can be made to create an embryo that will create more stem cells.

This is an amazing discovery as we may have found a way of producing an ever lasting supply of Stem Cells.

This discovery should not be looked upon with fear, but with great hope as this could mean the end of a very long debate about ethics and stem cell production.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
the link explained nothing or i'm too dumb to understand, they talk about embryonic stem cells and screening for sperm producing cell lines...

where's the part about women creating sperm ??
does it mean that female stem cells can be be programmed to make sperm ? if so they should have made it clearer, imho.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Could men ever make an egg then?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I guess the days of single life need to finally come to an end for me. I better hurry and get hitched while I still can. The only need for me soon will be heavy lifting and handy work.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
we find that the thought of women trying to get rid of men, and man's conter to it:

Native Tongue

Read the novel since the age of 18.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i didnt see where it said that women can make sperm either.
i think the scientist and researchers have a little too much time on their hands and they are not spending it on the right things.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I saw somewhere that men are able to have a baby in their chest. They can bring to maturity a baby!! So if woman can have sperm, we can have babies!

And i saw somewhere else that with the evolution, in 25 000 years, mens will be extinct due to natural process. Anyway, our fate is written, mens are gonna be wiped off the earth for the woman supremacy.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I honstly don't have a problem with this development,
and my point is'nt biased just 'cause I like men.

This would allow lebian woman to have children, which IMO,
is a very cool thing, though of course I really would like
to see the day when men can have children that are
genetically theres.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
Could men ever make an egg then?

i tried like hell out in the garage one day, but i wound up breaking the miter saw and running out of plywood before i got even halfway through.

but seriously folks, men aren't going anywhere... and any woman who says otherwise has never tried to hold one down against his will.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey that's no fun! What's wrong with the good ol’ way we’ve been doing things for thousands of years? I see no problem, as one poster above me said, if it ain’t broke, you know the rest. I’m personally not afraid that this will get rid of us men, nothing could be more laughable, but seeing aunt Butch reproducing on her own gives me shivers...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Women are smarter and more patient than men. They are smarter academically b/c more women graduate from college than men. They also mature alot faster. I hate fat women and would never ever consider relationship with one with fat neck or big belly. But maybe one day women will dominate over men and then there would only be women. No more rape.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
Women are smarter and more patient than men. They are smarter academically b/c more women graduate from college than men. They also mature alot faster. I hate fat women and would never ever consider relationship with one with fat neck or big belly. But maybe one day women will dominate over men and then there would only be women. No more rape.

Err, what does your own personal dislikes about traits in women have to do with the subject?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Okay, okay a little levity here.
where exactly would the woman make the sperm,,,,,,,,,Would she say make it in her nose and blow it out and insert it in ummmmm (you know) or perhaps she would make it in the toilet with a girlie magazine and insert it (like most males).
Good idea but don't think it's gonna fly somehow.
Cheers
crash

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat

oh man, where is the BS flag emoticon when you need it?

You aren't Valerie Solanas by chance?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If true, I can see the lesbian community dancing in the streets, and they would have the right to do so. This would be a wonderful thing for them.

I'm still coming down on the side that the good old way is here to stay though. Both men and women serve a purpose in the continuation of the species and I don't see that changing in our lifetimes.

wupy

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join