It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food at home.... help....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey Iam a student and Iam at my house alot during the summer, and I get hungry like every 3 hours..... hahaha well I love to cook crazy everything, but Im lazy and love fast food when Iam hungry like right now, Im used to soups and snacks....
so do you guys know any fast food ways to keep me fed while on the run or in my house...

thanks for any help

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If I have two people to feed I try to cook for six.
Get some of those Ziplock Freezer containers and freeze the leftovers in handy portion sizes to reheat in the microwave. It's a huge timesaver when you want a quick meal, and cooking in bulk will save you money.

I posted a cabbage roll recipe a while back that makes almost 100 of them in a batch.
You can freeze them 3 - 4 in a package, and they heat up in about 7 min. in the microwave.
Cabbage Rolls 101

I think you should eat as well as you can as a student because your nutrition will effect your grades.

Keep lots of fruit and veggies in the house to snack on, and try to avoid the pop and chips
Bags of frozen fish are inexpensive, and they can be chopped into noodles and some vegetables for a fast meal in 5 min.

Keep a bag of the big tortillas in the fridge to make wraps with.
A little fried rice and some scrambled eggs make a great wrap if you add a bit of hot sauce and a slice of cheese.

Eat well, and eat often..............

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thanks for this i will work on this to cook, Now I just need to run to the store and get the food.....

any other suggestions please feel free to help

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Hi ragster/

You could try lebanese/or pita breads......flat bread.
Buy a few packs ......they freeze well, and use when needed.

Lightly put some olive oil and sprikle with herbs of your choice eg/oregano and sea salt/
Or Thinly sliced purple onions and salt sprinkled on the flat bread/
Or any type of tomato sace on hand, with whatever else you want.

If you enjoy 'chip style', a healthy alternative is to put the flat bread with the olive oil and herbs in the oven till crispy, and then cut up into pieces ....watch they dont burn, best way is to leave in the oven for awhile and check to see if they are to your liking.(turn oven off and leave a further,10 to 15 minutes.)

Rice is good!
wash rice well, till water runs clear.......boil as normal?
Add any type of fav vegies or whatever is on hand...........add chili or whatever your taste buds feel like.
Scramble eggs,cut into strips, add anything!

Potatoes,cook small ones, or cut into wedges after they are par boiled.
par boil them......not quite cooked, but test to see that a knife will go into them and slide off slowly.....
Season them with olive oil and salt or herbs, and then put into a pre heated oven, and cook till crispy....and lighly browned.
eat as they are, or add your fav topping, sour cream or yoghurt with chili?
Tomato based sauces is good...whatever you like.

Healthy sweets?
Crushed weet bix(cereal ) or similar......
Add condensed milk(thick type of sweetened milk?)
Add some dried fruit...sultanas,apricots,apple..whatever dried fruit you like, cut into small pieces or buy the pre packet of dried fruit.
Add desicated cocunut, or shredded,
Add some cocoa or an alternative is carob powder.
Add the condensed milk at the end, to see consistency of mixture......then add more condensed milk or if too wet, add more fruit or weet bix.
mix to form balls.......or form into a log shape, and cut into slices...

any more sweet treats, I have a few.....
Happy eating........
helen

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
How about some

www.recipesource.com...

Just got that as one of the banners on my gmail inbox. Have'nt tried it, but I do like
the kind in a can that is.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Get a george forman grill, there quick and you can make lots of quick tasty bits,

Make a few wraps,

fry,grill, ect a few strips of chicken,

fry up some sliced peppers,onions, garlic, (what ever you like,)

warm up a few tortias in the microwave

dollop of mayo

throw it all on the tortias, wrap up and EAT!

also Mince meat is great,

Make your own burgers,
Spagetti bol
chili co carni,

these dahys all you got to do is Fry or boil the mince, then add a jar of whatever

(Chilli con or dolmio sauce)

again quick and easy

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are multiple sites that give copycat recipes for food from restaurants including fast-food restuarants, but that doesn't' mean actually making them is fast

Ramen noodles, hamburgers, TV dinners and stuff like that tend to be the fastest things to make at home.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hey if anyone get s djsto, ask him what these sites are, i would like to have them right about now, im famined.......

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's a Google Search for copycat recipes

I find Robbie's Recipes to be quite good.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
dude, i eat everything straught out of the can. i'm on a major budget and i'm trying to eat healthy, but i have a hard time cooking a lot because i'm always busy. in the past week, i've eaten tuna, spinach, green beans, and potatoes straight from the can...you'll learn a new appreciation for lemon juice, i promise you.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thai fried banana's;

4 semi ripe banana's (should be slightly green and have firm flesh)
Half a lime or lemon's worth of juice
Butter
Brown sugar

1. Melt some butter in a frying pan and peel the banana's- add the banana's to the butter in the pan once the butter is bubbling away.
2. Fry the banana's for a couple of minutes each side, adding the lemon/lime juice while frying.
3. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the banana's to sweeten them up and serve once the banana's are nicely browned on each side (but don't overcook the banana's so they turn to mush) and sugar is absorbed and serve.

It should take you 5minutes to cook, and a couple of minutes for the preparation. These banana's taste gorgeous, sweet with a slightly citric taste, and make a great hot desert or snack- its a cheap receipe to make and takes hardly any time at all to cook, tastes great with cream too.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
quick and easy fast food, try an omlette, fry potatoes, onion, tomato, anything you like, add eggs, melt cheese on top, add herb like origamo, simple

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Keep a big bag of Tyson chicken nuggets or strips (fried and grilled) in the freezer, a head of lettus (romane), a tomato, salad dressing, and cheese in the fridg. Tortillas, bread, salsa, spagetti sauce, and your choice of pasta.

fried chicken salad

chicken nugget wrap (with lettus, tomato, cheese, and dressing for all your food groups)

chicken salad sandwich (you can use just about anything in your fridge to make this)

chicken quesadillas

Add it to what ever kind of pasta you prefer, top with cheese.

shread some grilled chicken (or any kind of left overs really) over some nachos.....very yummy *walmart has a blackbean white corn salsa that is cheep, healthy, and will also impress just about anyone.

It is also fabulous to fry up some burger and toss it in your freezer. You can then reach in the bag and pull out however much you want, and zip the bag closed saving the rest for later. Make yourself a burrito, spagetti meat sauce, beefy nachos, sloppy joe, whatever.

top topics

join