It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats happened to all the stories? Are we too afraid to post now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm going thru ATS and its all new people- PTS has nothing in it. Have the demands to post quality threads made people nervous to post?
I'm all for quality- but you must know there is a dramatic drop in "daily news" since the thread asking people to be civil.

Nobody is posting anything on PTS of any importance either. Is this the future of ATS?
I sure hope not.

Surely, the administration here knows that there is nothing positive or good in this world lately. Are the rest of you aware that you can still post all you want?
Go ahead and post. Every story is a good story. We can debunk it or we can go along with it.

OR is this just an extremely slow news day?

I would hate to see ATS go downhill fast just because we were asked to tone it down a bit. Its not unreasonable for the owners to ask such things- I also think they should realize what the ATS/PTS board looks like today. Not very exciting and lacking in stories, unless you consider another "Is Jesus an Alien" a hot story.

I am also wondering what is acceptable and what isnt. From my trip to PTS, it is still the bastard child of ATS-
I'm afraid it always will be. Unless something is done

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hear ya DG. Guess its par for the course. Seems the quality of posts has nosedived considerably as of late. Even b4 the tone it down message its been lacking IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
did you catch the thread by SO?

Improving and Promoting Politics @ ATS

Edit -- guess you did lol,just saw you are on there,

[edit on 8-7-2006 by asala]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Personally, I think the quality of posts have risen. I'm a strong believer in quality over quantity, but that's just me. I like the new rules.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So how do we improve anything if people wont post??? If i posted something bias (which i would, because i cannot stomach this government) would i be in trouble, even if it was good quality, the truth and nothing but the truth?????

I'm missing someone's point here. Sorry. If i posted on PTS
it would die a slow death...and we all know it.

Whatever.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

So how do we improve anything if people wont post??? If i posted something bias (which i would, because i cannot stomach this government) would i be in trouble, even if it was good quality, the truth and nothing but the truth?????

Whatever.

Well, I think you were posting to me? I don't know the answers. I was just giving my opinion. But, in my opinion and again, I don't know...but, if Bush farts and you want to post about it...I don't believe that would be a problem. However, if he farts and you want to start calling him and his followers neo-con farting pigs...that may be where the problem would lie. But, hey I dunno.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28

Originally posted by dgtempe

Whatever.

Well, I think you were posting to me? I don't know the answers. I was just giving my opinion. But, in my opinion and again, I don't know...but, if Bush farts and you want to post about it...I don't believe that would be a problem. However, if he farts and you want to start calling him and his followers neo-con farting pigs...that may be where the problem would lie. But, hey I dunno.
FYI, never in my 2 years here have i ever called anyone a neo-con loving farting pig or any such thing- I have respect for you and everyone else. Just so you know.
I'm speaking in general, so dont take it personally.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
information inflamation

I think folks are trying to get a handle on posting political items without getting
too fired up.
You know, trying to actually DISCUSS things.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Slow news day. Slow board time.

We go through the slow days quite often on ATS. Sometimes you have covered everything worth covering. You simply wait until something comes up worth discussing.

PTS has always been very slow. Few people post there in comparison. Dunno why.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh I know you do. I wasn't speaking about you, just in general. DG you're one of the most harmless people here, IMO. You may hate Bush, but you don't hate the people who support him. That's good and doesn't make you too exteme in my opinion. Personally, I can't stand Bush either. But, hey I guess that belonged in PTS. I'm not a politics person. I hate politics even though I had a minor in it in college. Politicians...politics not my cup of tea. I'm kind of middle of the road and that's hard for people to understand and accept because i'm always labelled one or the other if I support one sides points. But, for us middle of the road people it really is hard to go into a thread and talk intelligenty and civilly when someone always has political agenda. So, our posts get overlooked because they attempt to be objective on whatever issue is the topic at any one time. Again these are just my thoughts on it all. But, does that make any sense?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Perhaps the wave of controlling freedom of speech in our nation is starting to get to people around.

Now is all about,

Be careful what you say, do not offend anybody, be civil, be sensitive to others people's feelings and become 100% political correct and Do not by any means criticize the present administration

It may offend some.

Just a joke

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe, but I think it's because the weather is so good from the central states to the east coast and from northern florida to quebec. Everybody is outside on a gorgeous saturday.

Things will pick up when the evening hits the soggy west and then even more on monday.

but I'm just guessing

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have really lost my appetite for posting, personally. With some honourable exceptions, I find the level of debate rather poor. I joined WATS in hopes of finding better stuff, and was to some extent disappointed. Maybe it'll pick up again. That coke bust plane thread you started is still pretty cool though, dg.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Give ME a BREAK...

DG, if you don't know by NOW that YOU can post ANYTHING you want within the TAC and without politically baiting or Hi-Jacking a thread, which you haven't done by the way, then there's no helping you.

Don't think we don't love ya because we do, just trying to be CLEAR...

It's Saturday, it's always slower on Saturday, yet we still managed to cobble 1870 posts together.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The Best Of Times, The Worst Of Times

The Political Bickering issue may have chilled some things, though if it did, it's probably stuff that doesn't belong on ATS anyway, but on PTS -- and PTS is still the old PTS for now.

This is only my second day on the job as the PTS Guy and I still haven't finished decorating my office.

So we're in a time of transition and uncertainty. There may be other factors as well.

I also agree with the "quality over quantity" point of view. I'm a member of other forums that are much bigger and more active than ATS, but are so godawful that trying to read them makes my eyes bleed.

I know what rich23 means about quality. It can be frustrating to see good threads fall apart due to bad posting habits.

But we're working on things -- pretty big things.

My advice is not to sweat the statistics too much and focus more on the quality of what's being discussed.

If you see misconduct in a thread, report it with a complaint. We will respond and make sure the T&C and the membership are being respected.

And hey, each of us can always help raise the bar.

Patience, friend.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

...an extremely slow news day?

Well, there was a plane which crashed on landing some hours ago. It went off the runway and crashed into some buildings and bursted into flames. More than 150 were killed. I posted a thread but no one seems to care. It happened in Russia, maybe that's why? Ok, I'll stop complaining now
I've been at work too long and it's time for me to go home soon. Btw, that plane crash is not on atsnn yet...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I'm a member of other forums that are much bigger and more active than ATS, but are so godawful that trying to read them makes my eyes bleed.

BITE your finger tips! There's NO SUCH thing (at least not in this genre) considering we are in the top ten discussion boards on the web I wonder what forums yo are going to?!

Let's see... There's Suzie's sewing club, nah... and Nissan car club, nah... and... Oh there it is Anime!

So TRUE about the chaos and trash out there however... it's discouraging really...

Springer...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Music To My Eyes

Originally posted by Springer
BITE your finger tips! There's NO SUCH thing (at least not in this genre)

I don't even bother with other conspiracy sites. I'm happy with this one.

I was indeed referring to other genres, and if you think conspiracy theorists are a wild and unruly crowd, try some of the musician forums out there.

The horror... the horror...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

I was indeed referring to other genres, and if you think conspiracy theorists are a wild and unruly crowd, try some of the musician forums out there.

Guarenteed there is no "musician forum" bigger than ATS they don't stay awake long enough.
( I am a gutar player so I am allowed
)

You know what you call a Musician without a Girlfriend?

Springer...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Song Remains The Same

Guarenteed there is no "musician forum" bigger than ATS they don't stay awake long enough.
( I am a gutar player so I am allowed
)

I won't name names but I'm a member of one forum with over 11 million posts, almost 500,000 threads and over 100,000 registered members.

And I hate to say it, but for all intents and purposes, it's a "write-only" forum. Page after page of empty spatter (spam+chatter) that makes you wish you could somehow get the minutes of your life back that you wasted there.

Needless to say, I don't visit often.

Sad, really. So many posts, so little point.

But please forgive me, because even not naming names, I suppose saying this is still in poor taste.

Let's just say there are very good reasons I spend most of my time here, with the rest at a little haibane fan site.

Quality.

A Different Drum

You know what you call a Musician without a Girlfriend?

Homeless.

Don't ask me how I know that. :shk:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join