It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats happened to all the stories? Are we too afraid to post now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You know what you call a Musician without a Girlfriend?
Springer...

Most musicians will in fact know this. Homeless!

I honestly do feel that this has put a damper on things within ATS, but I have spent a while thinking on this, and I am thinking maybe this is a good thing. Most of us (I know definitely myself, included) have at times been guilty of a wee bit too much political play when we have PTS simply a click away! Also, the reason so many "new member" threads popped up today is because on of our members was sweet enough to take the time to catch up and welcome all of them, which caused a big bump on the "newPosts" for the forums.
I didn't realize this at first, and I found it odd that there were so many at one time!

I think some of us may have gotten into the habit of playing a little too much political game into our posts, and that we are now trying to "break" ourselves out of the habit. I have no doubt that posting will resume, and that in a few days (probably even while I'm sleeping tonight), postings will resume their usual amount, and I will spend half of my time tomorrow catching up before I can even begin to respond!

BTW, I think we are far too good on here, to possibly fail!

*Edit* Majic... GRRRR!
You beat me!

*Edit #2 (and the last). Boy, there are a lot of "lol's" in this post, but I'm in one of those jovial moods! sorry!

[edit on 7/9/06 by niteboy82]

[edit on 7/9/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sorry dg,

But I've been working on my blog and other matters. That is why I haven't posted ATNNS stories or posted much. The most action I saw was participating in one "lively" thread this week. But after that, I'm trying to cool down a little and take a break. As the summer rolls on, I will be out and about more in ATS and PTS.

So don't worry. We all will be going back. I'm sure of it.

Btw....where's RANT? He usually posts something now and then, doesn't he?

[edit on 9-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Springer, thank you for your kind words. I think i was suffering from a bi-polar bout when i posted this

Seriously, though, it just hurt me to see "nothing at all" when i got home last night...Its like coming home and finding all the furniture gone....i was upset.

I realize you do the best you can and Magic is working very hard at that surprise he's got coming
And bless you all for everything you do.

Sorry- i jumped the gun....

I'm looking forward to more threads and no insults within these forums. Its the way it should be.

I understand....will you still love me?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
i gotta say that i agree with majic - i belong to a forum (not sure if it's bigger or not, but it IS big) that's pretty much all idle chatter, with little relevance to anything. it's a local site designed to promote punk music, but most of it is name calling and nonsense. granted, i'm a large part of why that site is crap (3rd most posts on it, coz i'm awesome), but i don't see much else going on the damn thing.

in contrast, ATS is totally rad because of it's rules. there is very little in the way of junk to filter out, trolls are not tolerated, and there is a huge amount of information posted by knowledgable individuals. the point system kinda makes it like a game too, coz i wanna see how many points i can get without breaking the rules

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would say the observed changes in demographics and volume has more to do with the season.

If the kids aren't home hogging the puter, then it's that time of the year to grow the garden, paint the house, mow the lawn, clean the garage, take the family to the beach and catch up on a multitude of outdoor activities.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I've actually been quite busy with... get this... real life!
For the past few days I've had one! I'm so excited!

I'm sure it will pick up. With the combination of the PTS thing, slow news days and the weekend, (plus that pesky real life thing) I'm not at all surprised.

I am surprised that people still have confusion about political baiting, but it must be true because lots of people have mentioned it.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The past 24 hours (Saturday to Sunday mind you, that's our slowest 24 hour period each week) 1785 new posts have been made on the ATS domains. That's huge actually, not three months ago we would be shockeded if we got 1500 new posts during the Sat. - Sun. 24 hour run.

As you can see above yesterday, a Saturday mind you, was our third biggest page views of the month so far.

ALL is well and getting better.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well, i'm very happy to hear it

I dont want anything going wrong with my favorite place in the world

By the way, i know it doesnt seem it sometimes, but i do have a life- this is one more part of it.
(just in case there's some doubt as to my life)

Thank you for your reassurances.

Oh, i've been to other boards....
there's no comparison.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Naaah. We're just busily adjusting to the requirement that we can't snipe anymore. That's sure to put a temporary damper on things. I'm sure it'll heat up again soon. Not that I would ever, ever snipe at anyone (busily shining halo)...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've noticed this problem at many Forums : there's just no news to report.

The world is "on hold" for some reason.

If you follow Wayne Madsen's columns, you see he's having to delve into the past. Rense is merely editorializing; Reuters is focusing on the World Cup as if there is no other story on the planet, to tell.

Beats me, what's really up. It's not being reported. Maybe reporters are afraid to report anything out of fear of reprisals; so they editorialize instead.

GLP is fairly content-free; so is Pravda. Opinions only, no facts. In fact, I notice this. If you present facts at some of these places, everybody runs away. People scatter and the place empties out.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshai2334

GLP is fairly content-free; so is Pravda. Opinions only, no facts. In fact, I notice this. If you present facts at some of these places, everybody runs away. People scatter and the place empties out.

I would imagine, based on the one time I ventured into "GLP" that anyone who actually presented something factual there would avsolutely cause a meltdown.

That place is a MESS!

S...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No News Is Good News

Originally posted by joshai2334
I've noticed this problem at many Forums : there's just no news to report.

Then we need to investigate and find out what's really going on.

This is what the New PTS Attitude is about.

We aren't going to sit around regurgitating propaganda -- though members can if they want.

We're going to get to the bottom of all this.

That's The PTS Way from now on.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Maybe, but I think it's because the weather is so good from the central states to the east coast and from northern florida to quebec. Everybody is outside on a gorgeous saturday.

Personally, I couldn't agree more. It's simply been "too nice" outside (remember the out of doors?) to sequester myself away in front of my PC. It's Summer and, at least in Ontario, Canada, it comes on fast, gives us glorious days and balmy nights and the next thing you know, it's Winter.

I'm certain that, once Summer has past or at least the nice weather, the number of posts will return to normal levels. Such is life.......isn't it wonderful?

Enjoy the Summer. Have fun. Be safe.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I imagine that it will be another political burst of energy soon after the November congress elections.

It will become the center stage all over again.

I have been pretty busy myself this summer with a full house.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Then we need to investigate and find out what's really going on.

Boy, isnt that the truth!!!!! I say we start looking!!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Everything's secret; there's nothing to know.

"Step along, folks, there's nothing to see here."

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

We're going to get to the bottom of all this.

Really? Well, gosh at first I didn't think that it would be the place for me, but I saw the other post where you said that it was going to be a place for people who hate politics and I wondered what you meant. Now, I think i'm following you on what you mean. This could be great. It really, really could be great. Heck, I think I might just have to give it a whirl.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join