It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

teenagers ,what they get up to,and the LAW stinks!

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Terrible tragedy, that young girl dying like that. Such a shame.

*sigh*

I understand your frustrations helen, while I am not yet a mother yet, I do. I worry myself and have fears of even giving birth, in part for this very reason. Because I look around at what kids these days get into, and I too am originally from Melbourne Aus (and have heard the kids around Gladstone Park and such do get up to some pretty wild things), lived there all my 26 years until I moved overseas recently, and am just in awe.
I grew up in the Western suburbs and know what can happen when kids get bored and are uneducated about things like drugs and alcohol.

Have you sat your daughter down and expressed your concerns and WHY you expect what you do from her ? Too often parents are quick to say "no" but without reason and I personally know that by doing so you will get much better results from a teen. It is how my parents raised me and it helped me understand WHY my mother or father felt I shouldn't be doing it, going here or there or just wanting to do something stupid. And that made me stop and think about worrying or hurting them in any way... and hurting myself.

Impart some of that widsom and concern you have on her, I don't doubt her attitude will change.

Best of luck to you.




[edit on 26-7-2006 by ImJaded]




posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Terrible tragedy, that young girl dying like that. Such a shame.

*sigh*

Impart some of that widsom and concern you have on her, I don't doubt her attitude will change.

Best of luck to you.
[edit on 26-7-2006 by ImJaded]

Thanks Imjaded!

I hate the area...Broadmeadows in general....spoke to a cop, and theres a stabbing there every week....pretty sad!

She has calmed down...hopefully with all the things that have happened,she starts to realize that things can get out of hand...
The young girl(RIP)sneaked out and went for a joy ride with friends...tragic and hard lesson learnt!
thanks again.
take care
helen



posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I...am a 17 year old teenager, and I also drink a bit. I agree it is bad, but its going to happen....As bad as that sounds theres realy nothing anyone can do. It takes junk like this to scare a kid straight. What us as kids need is a place where we can drink in moderation. Like a parent that would accept it. Cuz if they keep watch and make sure they dont overdo it. That would be the safest route IMO....DONT FLAME ME.



posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I...am a 17 year old teenager, and I also drink a bit. I agree it is bad, but its going to happen....As bad as that sounds theres realy nothing anyone can do. It takes junk like this to scare a kid straight. What us as kids need is a place where we can drink in moderation. Like a parent that would accept it. Cuz if they keep watch and make sure they dont overdo it. That would be the safest route IMO....DONT FLAME ME.


you can drink in moderation when your 21


Or...well...in england.



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's funny (i.e. disgusting) about Australian law. You can't drink till 18, but you can legally have sex when your sixteen. In other words, you can have a child, and possibly destroy their life, and your own, but you CANT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DRINK TILL 18!!!!! Not to say that all young parents (under 18) are bad parents. In fact, some are a lot better parents than 40 or 50 year olds. But a lot can't handle it. And most only do it to get that STUPID BABY BONUS crap. Basically, if you have a kid, we're gonna give you a wad of cash to do with what you want. Terrific law Australia.



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lookingforanswers01
It's funny (i.e. disgusting) about Australian law. You can't drink till 18, but you can legally have sex when your sixteen. In other words, you can have a child, and possibly destroy their life, and your own, but you CANT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DRINK TILL 18!!!!! Not to say that all young parents (under 18) are bad parents. In fact, some are a lot better parents than 40 or 50 year olds. But a lot can't handle it. And most only do it to get that STUPID BABY BONUS crap. Basically, if you have a kid, we're gonna give you a wad of cash to do with what you want. Terrific law Australia.


Hi lookingforanswers01/
LOL,This Aussie Law about the drinking at 18 and having sex when your sixteen.....yeh, pretty stupid law.
I spoke to the officer about this, and he agrees that it is a stupid law, but they also live by that law....'beats me why this became a law''
:bash:

And yes, alot of girls think having a baby and getting some money grant thing from the government will make all things better for them,are only fooling themselves, but this so often happens.
Current affairs program here has a new story all the time about things like this,and some are selfish, while others are genuine,so we can't judge.
The law says, that if a child at sixteen does not get along with a parent, or has issues, then at sixteen they can remove themselves.
Once out in the street,its on your own....and when terrible things happen, a parent is to blame....'Pretty stinky' Law if you ask me.
I remember reading some 'Wise Words of Wisdom'...
''Evil communications corrupt good manners'' I Cor. 15:33
I guess parents have to know who their children are in the company of....and if the Law is against you, then there's not much one can do but have 'faith, Hope and Love' toward all.

take care Lookingforanswers/
helen



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
[rant]

teens aren't stupid...

i am 18 and i am not stupid (in any aspect)...

school-wise, i am great...

and in making correct decisions outside of my home and school ("street-smart"), i am great too...

i am not one of those kids who smokes / drinks / other bad stuff...

i haven't done that once...

but, from what i have seen, many teenagers are doing these things...

world morals are going to hell fast...

kids from my grandmother's time, and even in my mother's time, obeyed their parents strictly...

not any more :shk:

i wonder why???

[/rant]





posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
[rant]

teens aren't stupid...
i am 18 and i am not stupid (in any aspect)...
school-wise, i am great...
and in making correct decisions outside of my home and school ("street-smart"), i am great too...
i am not one of those kids who smokes / drinks / other bad stuff...
i haven't done that once...
but, from what i have seen, many teenagers are doing these things...
world morals are going to hell fast...
kids from my grandmother's time, and even in my mother's time, obeyed their parents strictly...
not any more :shk:
i wonder why???
[/rant]


Hi they see ALL....
Sorry bout gathering your quote all together....takes up less space!)
I know many teens are not stupid at all...they simply forget to remember that parents do worry about all things concerning their whereabouts when they go out and dont answer their mobile or if it 'happens' to just 'Cut off'

You're only 18?
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders....good on you!
I guess some teens forget that they have a responsibility to their parents about their wants and what nots and still do what have you.
Oh, and it probably has nothing to do with age......I still listen to my dad......but i dont need to take his advice any more.(I am 1 year older then I was last year!)

What get's me angry and all, is the fact that my daughter will tell me one thing, and then change her needs to suit her friends and not bother to tell me about it.....and i just sit here and worry that something has happened to her.
Last night, she told me she was going out with two of her friends...
Excuses, I call them!
Mobile, off,
Friends mobile off,
'cutts off'
'low battery'
'too much noise' can't hear!
'did the mobile ring'?
'oh,my friend had it'!
The list goes on.........At least now, i know how to use a mobile Phone in todays wonderful world of technology!

Get a phone call from the other mum, who is simply a nut case, and that's putting it mildly.
Later....
Get a phone call from the police at 2.30 am about the wherabouts of the other girl, and if there's any reason for me to be worried(he knows the situation regarding other stuff)

So, the resposibilities in teens today has been lost for many, and this, i blame on the Law because it does not give the parent any right to do as they see fit with their child.....BUT, i must say, alot of issues does come from both parents being involved in the child's upbringing...........................................................and then there's the influence of friends, who in my books,has alot to do with Attitude problems.
I can go on, but I wont.....I'm actually amazed that this thread has gone on for this long.....
They see ALL.....keep up the good stuff...
One thing though...


i am not one of those kids who smokes / drinks / other bad stuff...

This is actually judging of what type of person one is by defining them in that BAD STUFF group....is it bad for you?
Well, yes, physically damaging(smoking and drinking) to your health in excess, but that does not make them BAD KIDS or people.
Drinking at a young age and not knowing when to stop because it is FUN can have dire consequences...yes!
I guess, it's good to see that people do care of what is going on....thanks ATS members!
thanks to all..

helen



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join