It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush going for a 3rd term?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
After all we are seeing and living, a 3rd world war, a nuclear war, is about to start. Even if it doesnt start, do you think Bush will end his presidency by the end of his 2nd term?
I know the rules and 2 terms are the maximum president these days can get, but with all the rules that Mr. George Bush has already broken, I dont think he will easily stand down. He already has power to declare martial law, all he need is a next 9/11 terrorist attack, and POOF, we'll be all slaves with no rights and no opinions. It will be also the official end for the United States of America.

I hope that Bush does not ever declare martial law. I also hope that he finished his presidential term and with no WW3 pending. He has done many terrible things, and he likes starting wars, so we don't know with what things he might come up now. Do you think he will easily stand down? What do you think? Is Bush going for a 3rd term?

What do you think will happen after Bush finish his 2nd term?

Peace. Impeach Bush.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by leo_infowarrior]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Does anyone have a comment on the subject? please

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A Contradiction In Terms

Originally posted by leo_infowarrior
Does anyone have a comment on the subject? please

Well, since you insist, my comment is "No".

I don't think he's going for a third term.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah I have a comment, I hate Bush!!!! I'm glad he's not my leader. He has authority to impose martial law? I think I already heard that but omg.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The only way that happends is if there is WW3 which can happen. But why care whos president while WW3 happends, there is no avoiding it. Just care about if your country is kicking ass, and your safe and alive with your loved ones. Don't worry, chill out.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I care about everybody. I dont care if you are white, black, blue, yellow, red, tall, short, I will care for everybody in the same way. Its not responsible to think if your country kickass, while innocent people around the world are dying because of your kickass country. Every person has been born equal, with universal rights and we must respected that.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It all depends on what country you live in, I am an American. For me personally I love to be an American, and I wouldn't want to live out side the states. It's just a matter of what country you live in. Say WW2 for example, the Nazis where killing the Jews. Would you want to be in a Nazi camp no, so you hope your country kicks the Nazis ass. Then look at it the other way, how would you like living in a Nazi society. Also, America would have came close to losing world war two. Hitler wanted to take over the USA so his wife could be a movie star, and for other reasons as well. The fact is, who is the less evil. Innocent people get killed every day that’s life. There is never innocent people in war, there will be always one bad guy. You kick the bad guys ass, that’s what I am saying. I don’t get why every one says America is the bad guy, and is so worried about us. I could care less about what goes on over seas, just don’t bring that # to our house. Its people from over seas, even the Muslims who call us Infidels and want to destroy us because we are christian country.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For bush to take power for an additional term or longer would take a great amount of political capital that i just dont think he has anymore...he might try dont get me wrong...but i highly doubt enough americans would stand for it

dont forget we have loads of guns....while he might be able to get away with a third term is just highly unlikely.....

and we arent in world war three yet....When the draft comes back and thre are 100,000's of people died every week/month tehn you can call it a War...right now its barley more than a conflict....World war 3 if and when it comes...will encompass alot more than the sham that is the War on terror.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
thats true pom pom
the only way I can think he might get away with more time will be if he declares martial law. as I said before if another 9/11 event happens he will have tomething to say and he will declare it.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If Bush's approval ratings were higher I might worry about this, but only a little.

First of all, there is no legal provision in the U.S. for imposing "martial law," i.e. complete suspension of the Constitution and rule by the military. The closest approach to that is Article I, Section 9, Clause 2, which states: "The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

Abraham Lincoln suspended that privilege during the Civil War, but he still had to stand for reelection in 1864 in the normal way. If Bush were to try to assert that the so-called "War on Terror" is as serious a national crisis as the Civil War, and if Congress were to swallow such drivel from him and pass suspension of Habeas Corpus, that would still leave other provisions of the Constitution in effect, including the 22nd Amendment limiting presidential terms. There is no way around this under current law.

For Bush to act completely outside the law, and impose true martial law, suspending the entire Constitution and placing the country under a dictatorship, he would need a lot more popular support than he currently enjoys, and complete command of the military. I don't believe he's capable of doing it, however much he might want to.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo_infowarrior
He already has power to declare martial law,

From where???

all he need is a next 9/11 terrorist attack, and POOF, we'll be all slaves with no rights and no opinions.

Were we slaves when FDR ran for a third and fourth term? During a war that he'd be edgind us torwards nonetheless?

Do you think he will easily stand down?

Yes. He has had his two terms, only won by relatively small margins each time, and can't possibly expect to be elected for a third term when its illegal. The Constitution could be changed, but I don't think that people support changing it in order to give him a third term. Many people that supported him in the past would probably not vote for him in order to preserve the tradition of only having 2 terms also.

What do you think? Is Bush going for a 3rd term?

No, he's no.

What do you think will happen after Bush finish his 2nd term?

The GOP and DNP will put up their candidates for election. The GOP candidate, without knowing who it will be, will probably win.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I think he's gonna go for it! Cuz he don't give no dam about what ppl think!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No he isn't. It would require the changing of the Constitution, and no way, no how, are two-thirds of the states going to ratify this. He certainly isn't going to just take a third term, not when the odds are good that his own party will retain the White House. Martial law? Pshaaa! Not gonna happen (how embarrassing if I'm wrong

[edit on 9-7-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't think he's "go for a third term" as in ratifying the Constitution and having an election. A. He couldn't get it ratified and B. He would lose the election (providing it was a real election, which it wouldn't be because we haven't had one of those for 10 years now. The only way he will continue to be president is if Martial Law is declared because of A. A "terrorist attack", B. Bird Flu, C. Some other disaster or D. A flat-out Dictatorship is declared, any of which is possible.

More likely, the Front Man will change places and a new puppet will be installed.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Actually I would love to see Bush trying to get his presidential powers to get into another term.

I believe that even his own party will turn ugly if he ever does that.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I for one do not tend to believe that the president is where the buck stops entirely. At the very least, he has party leadership in congress to keep on board for his agenda, and that's before we even get into conspiracies.

There are power structures the president must be accountable to which are better served if they simply go get a new front man, rather than ceasing to keep at the very least a facade of constitutional government.

Also, it should be noted that Rudy Guilliani tested the waters for such a play in NYC after 9/11, only to be rebuked and handed his hat.

That being said, there is plenty of room for discussion of precisely what powers the president may have to throw a monkey wrench into the works and hold on to office. I am not exhaustively informed at the moment, but could check it out. Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If Bush were to stay, do you honestly think there would be an "election" to keep him in?

One extra day in office would constitute an open dictatorship....Dictators arent chosen, dont forget.

I'm waiting with anticipation for something like this to happen....so i can openly shout from the rooftops DICTATOR And i'm sure i will promptly be shot off the roof
and tumble to the ground and either die or be placed in an "institution" for the criminaly insane

Because, i would be insane, wouldnt i? Because this would be necessary, wouldnt it? After all, we need Bush & Co. forever to protect us, dont we?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I wonder if someone could clear up for me why FDR was allowed to run for Presidential Office beyond the 2 terms allowed, 2 terms is in the constitution right?
Was it because your country was at War at the time or was there another reason? And if he did get in because the country was at War dosent that set a president allowing others to use the same reason again? i.e. the " War on Terror "?
Please dont rag me for not knowing the answers to my questions, im not an expert on US constitutional law and the sites i have found arnt very clear on the matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

He was one hell of a president. He was FOR THE PEOPLE and not for the NWO.
IMO, i dont approve of his breaking the 8 year max, but if you read the entire story, back then, i would have approved also.

Nothing like the present government.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Some good info about FDR on that Wiki page, but im still confused as to why he could run for more than 2 terms, it says in the article "The two-term tradition had been an unwritten rule since George Washington declined to run for a third term in the 1790s," does that mean that before FDR there was no constitutional obstacle in his way? Or did he some how circumvent the constitution to get the 3rd and 4th terms?
Was the constitution ratified after his forth term to prevent another President doing the same thing?
Im sorry but i find the whole thing very confusing

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Janus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join