It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, this is one of those useless subjects that requires great imagination for the fun of it.
The situation:
Earth is as it is, political, economical, social etc.
YOU are the alien General, with a mission to attack earth and grab its resources for whatever interplanetary reason. Mankind may be preserved or perished, whatever strategic use it has to promote the developement of your own super intelligent and physical species.
Are you going to deploy your greatest taskforce of battle ships? will you deploy the most evil yet military justified weapons available? Will you divide and conquer?
Post your thoughts, and we will be able to anticipate the attack of the sci-fi bad guys
have fun

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by J Bourne
Well, this is one of those useless subjects that requires great imagination for the fun of it.

I don't think the scenario you are suggesting requires any real amount of imagination at all. It sounds like something that could likely happen. Afterall, if we as humans knew of a planet that we could go in and overpower whatever race inhabits it and raid all of their resources...well, I feel sure we wouldn't think twice.

Are you going to deploy your greatest taskforce of battle ships? will you deploy the most evil yet military justified weapons available? Will you divide and conquer?
Post your thoughts, and we will be able to anticipate the attack of the sci-fi bad guys
have fun

A battle...as in full force weaponry, battleships blowing us to bits, lazers disentigrating everything they touch...well, it just never has made much sense to me. If I was the Captain and I was wanting to raid a planet's resources I would be a bit more calculating than just full fledged war. Divide and conquer sounds like a plan, however that more than likely would include ultimate annhiliation of resources as well. So, hmmmm.....a disease would make sense to me. Contaminating the Earth with a dreadful disease that a mere human's immune system could not fight off.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the X-Files movie if I have it correct. The aliens were setting us up to be infected and basically create their race on our planet. No fighting to be had.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
Kind of reminds me of the X-Files movie if I have it correct.

I haven't seen that movie. Not a big X-Files fan. But, i'm following you on the plot of it. I think that would be a much wiser scenario than an all out battle.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I would take my massive fleet of Imperial Star Destroy II (yes, im a star wars geek) and blockade the planet. i'd warn the leaders of Earth that i'd attack, and if they call my bluff, i send down a few squads of Y-Wings (A nerd who likes the Imperial Capital ships and the rebbelion fighters) bomb a couple important targets. if they dont submit yet, bombard other targets, if no surrender, send down the troops

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
creating hybrids to influcence or control the rulers of Earth takes too long and won't last once the people know anout it. A nano virus is the best bet, kills of all the humans leaving everything else intact. The remaining survivers (if any) will be easy to pick off (Enslave!!!). Almost no loss to the attacking side.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yep, a virus of some sort is the best option every time. Aerosol dispersion in the upper atmosphere is the most efficent means of spreading it - ensuring even those in remote regions are infected.

Maybe kidnap a few humans first to test it on etc

If you wanted something a bit more fun to look at, and wasn't worried about the environmental damage, then you could always pick up a few dozen asteroids - plenty orbiting just beyond the 4th planet - and drop them on Earth. See how big a spash you can make etc
Very cheap and very easy for any spacefaring race.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok here goes, first off I would send a diplomatic ship down to the earth to see how the government(s) act to it. Then as they are negotiating, I will bring up my War ships, followed behind by my invasion carriers, I would wait until if they settle on my negotiations, before I make my next move. If they settle I would send down my invasion force to occupy the governments. Once they have everything under control, I would then send in my supply ships and some warships, to deal with the trouble makers.

If they attack my diplomatic ship, and engage in battle. I would send down my war ships to blast away the airfields first, so they won't be able to reinforce the airfighters. Then while my warships are dealing with the airfields, I would send down my battleships to bombard the military bases. When that is somewhat underway, I would send in my invasion force to occupy and take over the government of the Untied States first and set up my forward command center in the heart of North America. When North America is under my command I will move downward into South America, over to Africa and Europe, then finally into Asia and Austraila. There you have it, a New World Order of mine! Say hello to your new overlord, Captain Harvestfreak.

That is what I would do.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'd torch 'em all.

Stooopid Humans!

They use 3/4 of their natural resources to kill and maim each other?

Don't deserve to live.

Morons.

If I'm gonna steal their resources, I don't want them hanging around screwing up my plans (I'm up fer promotion ya know?).

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I would land on the White House lawn, Downing Street, basically all the leaders places and set up negotiations. Then, I would bomb the hell out of every military base on the planet, land and grab whatever I want.

Easy

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you just want the planets natural resources, then you'd just pump cyanide gas into the atmosphere to kill everyone. No need for an 'Independence Day" style 'checkmake' or anything like that. Failing that, you'd just bombard from space until everyone was dead.

Or, considering we're talking about super-technological aliens, they could just come down to earth with their mining ships, and start taking what they want, ignoring the puny and irrelevant human attacks. You don't need to struggle with a baby to take any candy it has, you just take it.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So I come all the way to Earth to grab its resources, and put six or seven billion people in peril? Well, let's see, if I was truly evil (insert insane cackling here) I wouldn't give a damn about six or seven billion humans. I'd grab and run (do I have warp drive?) and be gone before the humans can say, "What the hell was that?"
Or maybe I'd try to negotiate first. Offer them something in return for certain resources. If they refuse the offer they shouldn't refuse I'll put a horse's head... oops, wrong movie.
O.k., you said my mission is to attack Earth. Just like that? No discussion, no ultimatums, just wham-bam-boom?
Wow, I MUST be truly evil.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Please allow me to further explain our position, before we wipe you out of existence.

When we first arrived at your planet, we were not sure if it would be appropriate to just take your resources from you. You know, all those stupid “Well, there is a SLIM chance they may evolve into an intelligent race, some day” rule.

We discovered you have a very highly regarded rule that you claim to live by, which is “Treat others the way you wish to be treated.”

We’ve also seen that it is human custom that the group that has the best military power is the one who makes the rules.

And further, the group running the show almost never considers the needs of the rest of your race when making the rules. Not even basic needs such as food, water, shelter, medicine and etc. And, if the Non-Ruling of your race gets in the way of the select group of rulers, they are just cast aside or killed.

Understand that our technology is orders of magnitude beyond yours. Also know that we have Vastly Superior Military capability.

This means, according to your customs, we are now obligated make the rules.

And further, since it is your policy that the rulers take what they want and to hell with every thing else, it seems that we are also obligated to treat you the same. (Remember your “Treat others the way you wish to be treated” rule).

Therefore we know you will fully understand our position when we relocate some of you to another planet and just kill the rest of you.

I mean, after all, rules is rules.

From our point of view, you humans have some really odd rules, but we have a strict policy of not judging others.

So, thank you in advance, for your understanding in this matter.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Bah viruses are for cowards. Instead I would first send down diplomacy ships to see if they were willing to bow down before my awesome might without too much of a fuss.

If they failed to do so I send in ground troops armed with only vibroblades because guns are for cowards and besides my troops would be so fast it would be irrelevant how many bullets they could pump out.

After I'd take over an area I would treat the captives and inhabitants with the utmost courtesy and be a benevolent ruler so as not to worry about pesky "rebellions" while possibly winning others over to my side. Then after I've taken over the Earth I maintain a tough but fair policy of equality and benevolence thereby giving me workers and without need for such cowardly things as genocide.

Boom bitches you're mine

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Allar]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well first I would take out the defensive positions on the planet. Then I would unleash a flesh eating virus that slowly kills and is extremely painfull, those who survive would be consumed with the resources, then I would blow the planet up.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
first let the milatary see your strenght then let the populace see your strenght,
after it is seen resistance is futile you must comply then we [i mean they] will be slaves for our bidding ha ha ha rrrrr woo yep ,
in othe words show up in force attack the unattackable let all see and then you will have control after all that is what human has done for all time here yes

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I would kill all the women of the entire populace over the next 1000 years. I would then replace every other individual women with an alien look alike and breed them with the men. Eventually all or most of the women will actually be aliens and the children will be of my species. The men will fight over the declining number of women and kill each other off. Finally there will be so little people left on earth that are actually human that takeover is complete.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I would just threaten the planet and let them try to stop me by sending battleships and what not. After they figure out resistance is futile, I'll let them either join or die. Simple as that. Either way I would win.

And no...I wouldn't treat them unequally or anything like that if they were to join. I would treat them as good as everyone else. No use in forcing someone to join and have them rebel later on due to poor living conditions. Oh no, they would be happier than they were before.

Thats if the race on the planet is sentient.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't have to do anything. I would just sit back, relax and wait for the human race to destroy itself. Then I could concentrate all of my power in mining the Earth's resources (as long as it hasn't already been contaminated by radiation.)

Either that or a giant electro magnetic pulse which would ultimately lead to riots and starvation across the world, causing the humans to destroy themselves and save me most of the work.

top topics

join