It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just TOO SHY...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
bwahahaha!

chicks dig evil guys man.

just play it cool.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
There is ONE problem. I got into a little trouble with the police (VERY minor problem) and I think that is also the reason why she hasn't talken to me as much.

I don't know if I went into this earlier... (I may have forgotten) but before this incident, we used to talk (still rarely) but at least we talked. After I returned to school (I was suspended for 2 months), we haven't spoken AT ALL.

What I want to do is show her that I'm not an EVIL person without acting stupid. Also, the fact that I'm shy is yet ANOTHER obstacle in my path.

I want to change. Does ANYONE have advice?

EDIT: Today in school, we were put to work together in a group.
Is this a clue that I should make a move?
PLEASE HELP!

[Edited on 17-11-03 by prophetmike]

dood,
you sound like my kind of kid.
Hell, i might adopt you, that stunt alone pushed you in the cool book by my standards.

Just look at her, cock your head and say, look,
I like you. wanna go out and catch a movie and dinner?
And if she says no, just tell her, well, i never took you for being a stuck up bitch.
if she says yes, bring some condoms.

You HAVE to be the man. HAVE to. if you do not, you will have regrets. and they suck.
Just keep asking her. trust me it works. be like, hey, want to go here, do this, what do you like doing.

do it in a suave manner, not an annoying manner.
act like it doesn't matter, and that you're down for the fun itself, not to try and get in her pants, like everyone always does. and trust me, you'll be hitting it within 3 weeks of hardcore dating.

u2u me if you need some up to date advice.
good luck, and drop the shy #. it's not doing anything but hurting your game.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another big problem is you're tired of being lonely.

Buck up mister! so is everyone.
this is how you combat it.

1. Start making lists of # that's fun to do single

2. you can bang all the different women you want single.

3. you HAVE to have hobbies. # you like to do.

4. Get some good intra net pr0n .

5. Date around for fun. commit yourself to being single.

6. chances are you will not get married before 27.

7. Surf the many types of pussy out there. become a taste testor of pussy. there are many types out there, become a pimp.

8. Do not tie yourself and your feelings to one girl. *sigh* you will do this any way i'm sure, but after getting your heart ripped out for the first time, take this lesson with you. until the bitch has a ring on her finger, and stops being a "bitch" then you can invest all your heart into it.

9. GET SUPPORTIVE OLDER FRIENDS!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fury- WOW, dude... I have to say, I am very grateful for all of the advice, and I'm flattered that you would like to adopt me.

But the fact of the matter is that I am not a EVIL person. That whole 911 thing was just a rough spot, and I want to say I got rid of this whole "bad boy" image that followed.

I know for a fact she is not a bitch, but she does hold her own when she has her own opinion and wants to get it across. I just don't want to seem like a jerk to her.

I just have to get over this whole shyness thing!
GRRRRRRRRR!!!

:bnghd:

[Edited on 19-11-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I had the perfect post, prose to cure any shy soul, but I hit accidentally ctrl-w and closed my damn browser window. So I'm going have to serve up the goodness in concentrate form:

I'm assuming you can't talk to this woman. Like, when she enters the room you can't breathe out of your mouth cause you might inadvertently communicate something. So your only option is to extend your sphere of communication:

A card or a gift.

A card:

"I'd rather call you than 911. Here's my number: 505-345-6788"

or

"Hey, you wanna .... [insert some pleasant past time, like movies]" She will say yes and you can nod your head affirmatively.

A gift:

something that is sentimental and doesn't have to much utility, like a bottle of Jack Daniels
Like a mix cd for her, you know, some kind of functional gift that has sentiment to it too. A gift is better if you can speak to her, cause you're going to have explaining to do when you pop up and hand her something. Another ballsy thing is get a t-shirt that says (assume her name is Andrea) "Will you go out with me, Andrea?" That'll be the talk of town. Only do this if your balls come in size 12 or larger.

Okay by now you get the point, communicate your desire in non-verbal ways. You gotta use your wit and cleverness to get this by. Good Luck!

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I had the perfect post, prose to cure any shy soul, but I hit accidentally ctrl-w and closed my damn browser window.

Darn. Raised my hopes there for a moment...

I'm assuming you can't talk to this woman. Like, when she enters the room you can't breathe out of your mouth cause you might inadvertently communicate something. So your only option is to extend your sphere of communication:

A card or a gift.

A card:

"I'd rather call you than 911. Here's my number: 505-345-6788"

or

"Hey, you wanna .... [insert some pleasant past time, like movies]" She will say yes and you can nod your head affirmatively.

Now, I WOULD do this, but since I would give it to her in school, that would seem a TAD BIT corny. Otherwise, I would do this...

A gift:

something that is sentimental and doesn't have to much utility, like a bottle of Jack Daniels
Like a mix cd for her, you know, some kind of functional gift that has sentiment to it too. A gift is better if you can speak to her, cause you're going to have explaining to do when you pop up and hand her something. Another ballsy thing is get a t-shirt that says (assume her name is Andrea) "Will you go out with me, Andrea?" That'll be the talk of town. Only do this if your balls come in size 12 or larger.

Thanks a lot for your advice. It's all really good. Although I'm interested in hearing what you would've said in your original post. That post with the shirt is insane. I would NEVER do that... unless I was drunk.
(But then again... I DON'T DRINK)

**Sigh** If anyone has more advice... please give...

I'm gonna go listen to some slow music... maybe some Barry White, or some blues...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just ask her out dood,
Just walk up to her and say, hey, let's go out.
no biggie. if she says no, you at least know where you stand and can stop fantasizing.

the problem with shyness is that you're not seeing the reality of the situation. your mind is creating a fantasized version of reality based on your emotional mood.

don't let it lie to you.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Fury is right. By the time you actually get around to doing it you'll be OLD. Seriously, women like men who look nervous and trip over their feet, its kinda cute

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"Now, I WOULD do this, but since I would give it to her ... Otherwise, I would do this... "

Read the above again (yes I took out the school-corny part) and look in the mirror and ask yourself:

Does your sense of embarassment, coming from being corny, outwieigh your desire to be with this person?

if you say yes then drop this whole thing. Otherwise go do it; you'll never regret it!

edit - alternatively, if your pride outweighs any chance of female compaginship, then make a mix CD. That's "cool", dude.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Fury- Everyone tells me to do just that, but it's easier said than done.
Sapphire- It's cute, huh? Hmmm...
ktprktpr- I didn't mean to make you feel like I thought your ideas were lame. I didn't mean it like that. I meant how it would appear to other people. To answer your question... NO is the answer. BUT, this overcoming fear of rejection (I know its natural) is there, bound with my shyness just... I don't know... tears my self-esteem (which I don't have much of to begin with) away.

**Sigh** I think I need an inspirational story. Lemme see if I can find one...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
Fury- Everyone tells me to do just that, but it's easier said than done.
Sapphire- It's cute, huh? Hmmm...
ktprktpr- I didn't mean to make you feel like I thought your ideas were lame. I didn't mean it like that. I meant how it would appear to other people. To answer your question... NO is the answer. BUT, this overcoming fear of rejection (I know its natural) is there, bound with my shyness just... I don't know... tears my self-esteem (which I don't have much of to begin with) away.

**Sigh** I think I need an inspirational story. Lemme see if I can find one...

Ok ... I have an idea, post your mug shot here and i'll bet you 9 out of 10 women will give you positive feed back, that should boost your confidence! Would you do that?

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sapphire- I probably will do that, but I'm sort of scared about this whole "Internet Safety" thing. That IS a very interesting idea, though...

I'm still lonely... I'm gonna just sit & daydream...

**Private eyes *clap* are watching you *clap clap* they see your every move...**
- "Private Eyes" - Hall & Oates

[Edited on 21-11-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
jesus bro.
unless you have a face like the elephant man, chicks don't care.
It's how you act and dress. trust me.

Get some clothing.

list of # women like-

A nice watch. Something silver, shiny and with a metalic blue face.

nice shoes important!

Nice clothes. when i usually go pimping, i have on my black turtle neck, blue jeans, and a black dress cashmere trenchcoat. I have my watch and my shoes.

that's my style right there in a nutshell. dress pimp.

hair! hair style is important!

jewelry. get a necklace, masculine, perhaps a japanese symbol for "huge american penis" some kind of bling.

feel the pimpness in yourself when you put the outfit together.

trust me man, clothes do make the man. and if you dress nicer then the other kids, I.E. suit, or professional clothing, it will draw some major looks.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Fury, actually it helps if your not a jerk ... GAWD I hate jerks!

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
ProphetMike, let me tell you something.

Right now you are afraid this girl might reject you. Do you know what is worse than that? Doing nothing and having to live with the shame of being a wuss and wondering later, what if I had asker her out.

If she says she is not interested it is not that big of a deal. You will feel better about yourself for just having asked her. Like they say in sports, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. (Saucerat-there is not need to comment on the poor mathematics of that statement)

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sapphire- You don't have to worry. I'm not (or will EVER be) a jerk.

greenkoolaid- I can say that I've blown chances in the past, and while I'm not stupid to have it happen a third time, I just can't get over the fact that the shyness is just... there. Sitting, laughing at me. The school year is still early...

**Wake me up, before you go go, don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo...**
-"Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" - Wham!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
my problem isn't asking, it's just getting a yes. i've wanted to same girl for over a year and i've been shut down 1.5 times,(.5 b/c i didn't really ask her out before i was shut down), but hey it's all good we talk everyday at school and we're still friends, all i can say is don't worry about it, because it's not the end if the world,

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Fury, actually it helps if your not a jerk ... GAWD I hate jerks!

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Sapphire]

I'm only a jerk when i'm forced to be.
then i'm THE jerk

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
f16Falcon- You are exactly like my friend in the way, how you have problems getting a yes.

In other news, today my whole "911" prank was ressurected and people started talking about it. She listened in and said how immature she thought it was (OW! HEADSHOT!). While it WAS immature, I want to try and redeem myself in her eyes.

Does anyone have ANY advice on how to do this? All of this just dropped my self-esteem yet ANOTHER level. (As if it wasn't low ENOUGH before)

**Sigh** I think I'm just gonna sit back and play some slow tunes to soothe my burned soul...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great thread!

I think I feel a sticky coming on...

EDIT: ProphetMike: The only way to get out of low selfesteem is to believe in yourself man. Trust me. I went through a harsh period of my life, and told myself "Ya know what, I am better than this" (well sort of). Anyways, if you believe in yourself, and be yourself, you will find a girl that is right for ya. Don't try to act all cool around her or something. If you want to redeem yourself, chicks usually like comedy. If you are funny, use it. Also, doing things for her might help. Good luck with that.

Nephra: Yes, she may like you, if she gives that "eye", if its a real one, you'll know what I mean, you get a "gut feeling" inside of you that tells you (trust me on this one). This has served me useful many a time over! Good luck to all that are shy, just believe! That is all it takes! Believe!

-wD

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by WeBDeviL]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join