It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Banned from Assembly of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This happened to me. I'm 64 years of age, I've been a Saved Christian for 38 of those years. I've ministered at a large Gospel Mission for 4 years. I have four wonderful children, and five Grandkids. I am divorced.

I was BANNED from the Arlington Wa. Assembly of God church three weeks ago. I had attened the AGO churches for close to 20 years.

My story is long one. And to post via an e-mail method can lead to misunderstandings. I have posted this story on three other sites, ALL Christian. Some of comments were NOT kind.

However, if any of you want to know what really happened I will continue with the story, but ONLY if enough people here are interested.

I can say that the MAJORITY of AOG Chuches are guilty of manipulation, and other things that offend God.

Until Later

Mod Edit: title

[edit on 26-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about earthly organizations as long as you are saved by Jesus Christ and follow his word. Find another Bible based church and live your life as a good Christian should. Don't let this "banning", poison you any further.

Forgive and move on.

Blessings....

[edit on 26-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Intersections On The Road Of Life

Originally posted by kinglizard
Forgive and move on.

Indeed, this is very good advice.

Pioneerman, whatever may have driven you and the Assembly of God apart is regrettable, but to allow it to consume you would be the greater tragedy.

Though this may be a consequence of the actions of men, it may also be a sign from God.

Perhaps your path lies elsewhere.

If so, there is no need to grieve for the path you leave behind.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So, basically, you got kicked out of some church, and now want to take it out on them by telling people all over the internet that they're deluded by satan or something?

And its only now, that they've offended you, that they are bad, not the 20 years previous that you were part of it?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Assembly of God religion is a cult anyway. So you should feel lucky to finally be away from those crazed freaks!! What with those crazed wavy-haired Evangelist preachers taking 10% of your income to pay for their mortgages on their many houses and pay for their cars, whores, etc......

You should thank God you are not part of that satanic group any longer!!

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So, basically, you got kicked out of some church, and now want to take it out on them by telling people all over the internet that they're deluded by satan or something?

And its only now, that they've offended you, that they are bad, not the 20 years previous that you were part of it?

I think that what he/she is trying to do is find some leading maybe some guidance. But, she/he is looking in the wrong places. If you have been in AOG churches you know about prayer partners, and the power of prayer. YOu have been there 20 years there is someone that has been there for you in the past or possibly verse Visa you have been there for them. Well it is now their time to help you. You have alot of experience and knowledge more than could possibly fathom. Pray and use this as an oppurtunity. ô¿ô .... Satan doesn't attack people that are not doing anything for God. It is the ones that are tearing the world apart for him or the ones that are going on to meet him soon that Lucifer is worried about ... Please don't let this drag you down ... You will meet the man himself someday and those peoples will have to do the same ... Bless you ... My Grandfather left me a passage to read and he said for me to read this passage over and over and over then when I got it ... Keep reading it untill I understand it fully .. I come to understand more of it everyday ... and I don't think I will ever fully get the Depth of this Verse .. Hope it helps ya out ...

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Thanks for ALL the good comments and kindness.

You have been pleasent and helpful.

God Bless You all,

Pioneerman

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pioneerman
Thanks for ALL the good comments and kindness.

You have been pleasent and helpful.

God Bless You all,

Pioneerman

You are definately headed in the right direction .. Please keep up with me and let me know ... What becomes of that church and the people in it. God loves all people, it is their sins he can't be in the presence of but, nothing to do with the person. Luv ya bro ... GL in your endeavors ...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I too was "invited not to participate" at an AOC church. The little dictatorship there, the secrecy about the money, the manipulation and mind control by the use of the reward system, if you are the pastors favored you are allowed to serve in the church, clearly makes this a cult. I even had one Deacon tell me the senior pastor was their spiritual leader not Christ. They sold advertising space on God's prperty because the senior pastor wanted a softball field and he said it was okay, violating scripture. The list goes on and on, but what I am saying my friend is it is a cult and get out and take your friends and family with you if you can. God Bless you brother and I thank God your eyes were opened.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
To be honest I think what everybody said is true. But Tell us the story of what happen. Maybe we can give you understand on what they thought or if they're full of crap. God bless. I would very much like to hear the story. But again don't dwell on it too much. The past is the past and it can't help your future. God bless

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pioneerman

I agree with slymattb that I'd like to hear the story. I'm (somewhat) familiar with the AoG, but I'd like to hear your story.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Pioneerman:

My advice is the same as the others. Keep in an attitude of prayer and a close walk with the Father. I agree that maybe he has something else in mind for you and is leading you in a new direction. Pray for wisdom and understanding.

The church however, will have to answer for their deed.

1 Peter tells us:
Consider is pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If he lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I can say that the MAJORITY of AOG Chuches are guilty of manipulation, and other things that offend God.

Pioneeraman, I still would like to hear your story.

And Grandma?

You said:

1 Peter tells us:
Consider is pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If he lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Actually you are paraphrasing James 1:2-5 and not 1 Peter.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by PreTribGuy]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't let the fact that one single church in the AOG barred you stop you from finding another one or finding another church all together. I went to an AOG church for a large majority of my life. Some were great, some were not worth visiting. The guidelines that the AOG has are simply guidelines. It's up to the pastor, board, and members of the church to live up to the expectations of the group. Since we're dealing with people it's no surprise that you'll be let down from time to time.

We left one AOG church because the pastor was doing some shady finance stuff. He later got into trouble with the IRS and had to resign. Then again I could tell you about another AOG minister that is a real saint of God and I hold him in highest respect. Your mileage varies based on the people in the church.

The AOG church really only varies from others like the Southern Baptist in their emphasis of speaking in tongues. I personally think it's a fine denomination to belong to. Try out another church and see what you find. Don't let the actions of people get between yourself and God.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PreTribGuy

PreTribGuy:

Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Peace,
Grandma

new topics

top topics

join