It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite quote?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here r a couple
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag who allows the protesters to burn the flag."
Father Denis O'Brien, USMC

" oh god the anger is changing me!!"

Korn

very nice and very true about the first one

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
"i say we spend a day killing white people!"-Sista Soulja

it is the finest display of ignorance in public i have ever seen next to a klan rally.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
My favorite quote is from John Wayne in the Cowboys:

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!"

Like it! And I love that avatar.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
F5rom "The Distinguished Gentleman"

"......Cos i can win!"

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
" the only thing between you and me is air and opportunity" - Shaft.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If we are stupid enough to surrender our freedom to a bunch of lousy international bankers, then we deserve to live in bondage. — Lisa Guliani

Very interesting article just follow the link.

Enjoy and expand your knowledge base.

www.serendipity.li...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EastCoastKid

"Western civilization is a loaded gun pointed at the head of this planet." (Terence McKenna)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Follow Your Bliss - Joseph Campbell

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"love from one side hurts but love from two sides heals" Shakespeare

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"Fundamentalism is terrifying because it is based purely on emotion, rather than intelligence. It prevents followers from thinking as individuals and about the good of the world." - His Holiness, Tenzin Gyatso, The 14th Dalai Lama

"I was born intelligent, education ruined me." - Mark Twain

and of course, my favorite political quote

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe. " - Edmund Burke

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Pleaes take the time to read all of them.

"I'm a sex addict. It's my cross to bear. It's a real disease with doctors and medicine and everything!" -Chazz

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." -RWE, Self Reliance

"Those who cannot tell what they desire or expect, still sigh and struggle with indefinite thoughts and vast wishes." RWE

"Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique." RWE

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better." RWE

"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them." RWE

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." RWE

"He then learns that in going down into the secrets of his own mind he has descended into the secrets of all minds" RWE

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Common sense, is only the combination of prejudices acquired by the age of 18
--Albert Einstein

One of my favs of all time.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"If you've built castles in the air, good, keep them there for that is where they should be. Now, put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There's so many! Here's a few of my favourite:

From Snatch:
Detective: "What's in the car?"
Turkish: "Five seats and a steering wheel. Why?"
and Bricktop's excellent monologue regarding the word "Nemesis".

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" - Charlie Croker, Italian Job

"I'm going to punch you right in the ovary." - Ron Burgundy, Anchor Man

"It's too early to tell." - Mao Tse Tsung when asked about the effect of the French Revolution on global affairs.

"It's harder to crack a prejudice than an atom." - Albert Einstein

"It may seem like we have each other over the same barrel Miss Lerner, but it just seems that way." - Morgan Freeman as the President, Deep Impact.

A lady famously accused Winston Churchill of being drunk, to which he replied, "I may be, but in the morning I'll be sober but you my dear will still be ugly."

My favourite cheese topped quote is from the very camp Top Gun: "I'm going supersonic I'll be there in thirty seconds."

Good thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" --Benjamin Franklin

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sorry ATS in advance!

"You can only piss with the cock you've got!" Jimmy Tannock

Meaning: "You can only do what you can"

Again, Sorry...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by weedev]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"I rather die for something,then live for nothing"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." Kurt Cobain

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

-John Lennon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join