It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite quote?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is mine. Patriots gather round....

"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

There is no truer statement.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
"There are only two things that are infinite. The universe & human stupidity. I'm not so sure about the universe."
--Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
"Do or, do not. There is no try." - Yoda (Jedi master)

"You are the one who lick the balls. We're gonna # your mothers while you watch and cry like babies. Then we're gonna make you eat our # then, # out our # then, make you eat your # that's made up of out # that we made you eat!" - Jay "Fat" Buds

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
" Bite the Bullet Baby, the Bubble Burst" ~ anon

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here are a couple of my favorites, I couldn't choose which one I like best.

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."
Mark Twain

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise" F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation, are people who want crops without ploughing the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning; they want the ocean without the roar of its many waters. The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand; it never has and it never will"
Frederick Douglass

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"I Find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Darth Vader

"Mein Fuhur! I can walk" - Dr. Strangelove

"I knew a man that once said 'Death smiles at us all, the only thing a man can do is smile back' " - Gladiator - Maximus refering to the late Marcus Arilius

"VINI VIDI VICI!" - Julius Cesar ca. 47BC

"I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman." - Bill Clinton. HA!

"If you have to ask, its not shock and awe." - Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld

"Thats no moon, its a space station." - Ben Kanobi

"Holy #ing #!" - Me afetr falling through some class 5 rapids and nearly breaking both my legs.

Frodo: I am Frodo Baggins, and this is Samwise Gamgee.
Faramir: Your bodyguard?
Sam: His gardener.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is my favorite:

"Canada better shut up or help out before we make them our 51st state"
-Colin Powell

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
"Foolish man give wife grand piano. Wise man give wife upright organ."

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"I'm the master of low expectations." �George W. Bush, aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
here r a couple
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag who allows the protesters to burn the flag."
Father Denis O'Brien, USMC

" oh god the anger is changing me!!"

Korn

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here r a couple
"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag who allows the protesters to burn the flag."
Father Denis O'Brien, USMC

" oh god the anger is changing me!!"

Korn

All the quotes are great.
But, God Bless the Soldiers!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Here is my favorite:

-Colin Powell

It's not like you haven't tried before. You can stick your Manifest Destiny up Dubya's ass, I know it is a tight fit with Tony Blair's head in there, but Bush is always willing to make more room.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Here is my favorite:

-Colin Powell

It's not like you haven't tried before. You can stick your Manifest Destiny up Dubya's ass, I know it is a tight fit with Tony Blair's head in there, but Bush is always willing to make more room.

SLAM!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I just ran across a great one doing research!

"Children always understand. They have open minds. They have built-in # detectors." - Madonna

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
"I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
Martin Luther King Jr.

"If man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. "
--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing"
Socrates

"Knowlegde is virtue"
Socrates

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Here is my favorite:

-Colin Powell

It's not like we couldn't we just choose not too. Imagine if we were a little more like China.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
After some guy egged Arnie Schwarzenegger in a public address, he got up to the podium and to shrugg off the embarassment said:

"That guy owe's me bacon"

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i like "My silences have not protected me, your silence will not protect you"
i can't remember who said it tho

i also like
"We are now faced with the fact that TOMORROW is TODAY. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of NOW. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there *is* such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. THIS IS A TIME FOR VIGOROUS AND POSITIVE ACTION." - Martin Luther King Jr

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
"here's your money"...

heh heh

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
My favorite quote is from John Wayne in the Cowboys:

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join