It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Quantum Physics, Mechanics and String Theory

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This "new" physics is becoming very popular. I did not see a thread anywhere on BTS or ATS. Im hoping I can discuss this topic with anyone who can drop some 2 cents on the subject. Im learning about it little by little, and it facsinates me.

Where do I begin? how about we talk about wave functions. String Theory...and the rapidly expanding universe. How can the universe expand at such a rapid pace and so suddenly?. They say it's the Dark Matter causing the expansion. Neutrino emitting matter thats also considered space "vaccum". The universe is not empty at all. And space is not space. We should think about renaming SPACE. That label is irrelevent now when you think about it.

Spectre scopes and gravitational lenses !....oh technology, it can help us afterall !

[edit on 6/25/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]




posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
This "new" physics is becoming very popular. I did not see a thread anywhere on BTS or ATS. Im hoping I can discuss this topic with anyone who can drop some 2 cents on the subject. Im learning about it little by little, and it facsinates me.

Where do I begin? how about we talk about wave functions. String Theory...and the rapidly expanding universe. How can the universe expand at such a rapid pace and so suddenly?. They say it's the Dark Matter causing the expansion. Neutrino emitting matter thats also considered space "vaccum". The universe is not empty at all. And space is not space. We should think about renaming SPACE. That label is irrelevent now when you think about it.

Spectre scopes and gravitational lenses !....oh technology, it can help us afterall !

[edit on 6/25/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]



Not to be rude but what you just said had nothing to do in this section by the way I see it.



posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
thats because im sparking the subject. I said I dont know as much as I would like to know about the subject, so im encouraging others to talk about it so I can learn from them !

String theory has nothing to do with the subject? what are you talking about? and what do you want to talk about then?

Look at what you just posted? it has nothing to do with the topic as well !
Add your quality input or don't bother.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You put this in the Religion section. Now I dont see how any of this has to do with Religion, try the science fiction section on below top secret. This thread will suit it more better.


[edit on 26-6-2006 by wildcat]



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
thats because im sparking the subject. I said I dont know as much as I would like to know about the subject, so im encouraging others to talk about it so I can learn from them !

String theory has nothing to do with the subject? what are you talking about? and what do you want to talk about then?

Look at what you just posted? it has nothing to do with the topic as well !
Add your quality input or don't bother.


well if you put it in a different section more people might now better so they can help you.

[edit on 26-6-2006 by wildcat]



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It might apply to this section, depending on what religion your in.(ie omnism)

But yes, this thread would belong in the ATS section of Science and technologies.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How did he get banned less than ten minutes before I signed on?



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How did he get banned less than ten minutes before I signed on?



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think everyone's perception is in the wrong place. Physics is a religion. Especially Quantum physics. It's very much so a religion... Quantum physics is about possiblilities.

It's actually very enlightening. Mathematics is a religion also. I also wanted Wildcat to know that his remark was very funny. Science Fiction. LMAO.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with religion, thats why they call them seperate, science and religion. Some times they defy each other. What you have posted is pure science, thats what the word science is and thats why they call the other religion. Come on man, religion isnt about science. Science has prooven religion wrong that the sun isnt the center of the universe. That is science. Quantam physics is science b/c thats science.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
It has nothing to do with religion, thats why they call them seperate, science and religion.


Precisely.

Math (and the sciences) are based on the testable and proveable. Religion is based on feeling and inspiration. Religion says "deity-of-your-choice answers prayers". Science says "well, that's true only if you define the set of words that gets a 95% response (and the same response), verified by several researchers and in a large enough population.

So, if we came up with "saying ramalamadingdong, I want a pony! 95 times while hopping hops of exactly one inch height on your right foot produces a pony within 3 minutes"...then religion would be a science.

Praying over your math test does not make math and science a function of religion.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
As I said earlier, It d0epends what religion you are in.

God can be broken down into several scientific elements.

Im too lazy (as usual) to put in some of my own points of the metaphysics of the conscience, together with the chaos theory right now. So I'll post post it later this afternoon.

I don't agree with this guy, but it's worth while to Google T. Lee Baumann and read some of his papers.



EDIT: fixed link

[edit on 25-01-2004 by Gear]



posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
It has nothing to do with religion, thats why they call them seperate, science and religion. Some times they defy each other. What you have posted is pure science, thats what the word science is and thats why they call the other religion. Come on man, religion isnt about science. Science has prooven religion wrong that the sun isnt the center of the universe. That is science. Quantam physics is science b/c thats science.


God is both logic....and the leap from logic. Science and religion. It's the Religion my friends, that allow the logic to evolve . I now think most would agree with this. So Science and Religion must merge in order to help logic grow.

I understand why you think they are separate. But the new physics is supposed to let people understand that science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Quantum physics bridges the gap. Einstein never dedicated time to it because he said it's about the possibilities. Quantum mechanics uses logic through micro/macrocosms to determine reality in the subatomic world rather than our 3D interpretation of things.

It mainly means the observers determine reality based on molecular density, and the radiation in our atmosphere bounces off the particles and we see our private visualization. We are artists with our minds basically. the relation to everything is what makes it enlightening.


[edit on 6/27/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 6/27/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]



posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

Originally posted by wildcat
It has nothing to do with religion, thats why they call them seperate, science and religion. Some times they defy each other. What you have posted is pure science, thats what the word science is and thats why they call the other religion. Come on man, religion isnt about science. Science has prooven religion wrong that the sun isnt the center of the universe. That is science. Quantam physics is science b/c thats science.


God is both logic....and the leap from logic. Science and religion. It's the Religion my friends, that allow the logic to evolve . I now think most would agree with this. So Science and Religion must merge in order to help logic grow.

I understand why you think they are separate. But the new physics is supposed to let people understand that science and religion are not mutually exclusive. Quantum physics bridges the gap. Einstein never dedicated time to it because he said it's about the possibilities. Quantum mechanics uses logic through micro/macrocosms to determine reality in the subatomic world rather than our 3D interpretation of things.

It mainly means the observers determine reality based on molecular density, and the radiation in our atmosphere bounces off the particles and we see our private visualization. We are artists with our minds basically. the relation to everything is what makes it enlightening.


[edit on 6/27/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 6/27/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]


So your saying religion IS science but religion isnt true? What it looks like to me that you stated radiation bounces off the atmosphere and tinkers with our minds to make us believe certin things or see things that arent really there. But that doesnt mean science is religion b/c if Im right about what you said, science causes religion. But they still are two different things b/c religion will still be feeling and science will still be logic. Religion does things that arent logical for example, say I had a vision about God telling me I must go and blow up the church of satin. Well some people who have a degree in human phycology will say it wasnt true b/c at that time I was thinking things about the church of satin or I was thinking about doing something to it but I dont know what. So thats why I had the vision. Just like my black orb topic was probably a hallucination but theres other reasons that make it paranormal. So if you think what I am saying doesnt proove that God is illogical then I have more. During the time of the plagues of Egypt where Moses was, after the Pharo freed the Hebrews Moses went to the sea and god seperated the water for they can walk and then it came splashing down destroying the Egyptian army. Well so far nothing can explain this except a few theoris that it was translated wrong. You can seperate water. Its impossible so that means its illogical so then what God did is illogical which makes it not possible for he to be logical. Thats why again they call it science and religion. Science is logic and religion is faith and believe. And some things in scriptures that people believe are illogical which then again makes religion not possibly to be logical.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by wildcat]

[edit on 27-6-2006 by wildcat]



posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've written a couple things on quantum mechanics and parallels in scripture, and have written something on free will not existing unless there is a creator based on quantum theory and the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. Unfortunately, on the free will thread, people tried to philosophize about the issue rather than discuss the scientific merits, and on the thread about parallels in scripture, people wanted to delve into the science to prove the metaphor imperfect. I found it ironic, anyway


Byrd, I kinda agree, kinda disagree. Science and religion are separate yet united. The purpose of science is to understand how things work, whereas religion attempts to understand why. They are both studying the same creation, just from different angles. They can, however, both be used to reinforce one another. After all, the scientific method stemmed from religion's assumption that the universe is an orderly place that can be understood. Without that assumption, what would be the point of studying it?



posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

It's I also wanted Wildcat to know that his remark was very funny. Science Fiction. LMAO.


I dont find any insult in your reply to my remark. It was just a mistake. You make misakes too by saying science is religion.



posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well put jungle. Separate but united as well. Just like body and soul.

You see..in order for people to understand what I said in the post above , they must first do some more reading into religion and vatican practices. The best astronomers and physicists are Catholic Priests , bishops, and cardinals ! When wildcat spoke about parting of seas, and comic book fables he appeared to believe that because he read it from such a prestigious book. Wildcat should have no trouble in believing that we see things according to our 3D interpretation of radiation bouncing of matter. We as artists, register the data beautifully. Wildcat should look into spectrescope images and hubble shots more often. Some people are ignorant to the technology of today and are unaware of how much progress is being made in science today. We are rapidly increasing our collective mind to new heights because of internet and this great information age. Religious scripture is something I read everyday...and even though my religion is science, and will stand by that regardless of how many disagree, I still agree with biblical stories and their moral implications. The Father, the Son, the Sun and Earth, nucleus of an atom and it's protons.

Science...intelligence... cannot evolve without religion. How will science know what list of possibilities to explore and study without the emotion, insight and intuition that we get out of religion? The leap from logic.



posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Well put jungle. Separate but united as well. Just like body and soul.

You see..in order for people to understand what I said in the post above , they must first do some more reading into religion and vatican practices. The best astronomers and physicists are Catholic Priests , bishops, and cardinals ! When wildcat spoke about parting of seas, and comic book fables he appeared to believe that because he read it from such a prestigious book. Wildcat should have no trouble in believing that we see things according to our 3D interpretation of radiation bouncing of matter. We as artists, register the data beautifully. Wildcat should look into spectrescope images and hubble shots more often. Some people are ignorant to the technology of today and are unaware of how much progress is being made in science today. We are rapidly increasing our collective mind to new heights because of internet and this great information age. Religious scripture is something I read everyday...and even though my religion is science, and will stand by that regardless of how many disagree, I still agree with biblical stories and their moral implications. The Father, the Son, the Sun and Earth, nucleus of an atom and it's protons.

Science...intelligence... cannot evolve without religion. How will science know what list of possibilities to explore and study without the emotion, insight and intuition that we get out of religion? The leap from logic.


I do know and see what you mean.



posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And all you have to do is see what I mean, not believe it . Thats it...as long as you see it. Narrow minded people sometimes refuse and deny other info that interferes with what they have learned and absorbed first. Not a good habit.

Watch the film "what the @#$%*& do we know" The documentary is just great period, regardless of whether you agree with the material.



posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
And all you have to do is see what I mean, not believe it . Thats it...as long as you see it. Narrow minded people sometimes refuse and deny other info that interferes with what they have learned and absorbed first. Not a good habit.

Watch the film "what the @#$%*& do we know" The documentary is just great period, regardless of whether you agree with the material.


Actually you must trust me on this I really am not lying. I knew what you ment the whole time I just didnt say it. And I am not narrowminded, I have a number of people who can tell you that I am open minded. In order to be sure of people being fully narrowminded (I know a few and I know them very well) you have to get to know them better.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join