It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speak of the Devil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hi

I just want to know of others experiences with regards to the "Speak of the Devil" phenomenon...

What I mean is for example, I would often think of someone or something & then I would see or speak to the person like a minute later. It happens so much thats its not a question of if it actually does anymore.
The only problem I am having is discerning between if I am just thinking about the person or if it is an example of the above.

Many times I have phoned a close friend or relative and the line would be engaged. I'd immediately hang up and dial their mobile number only to find they were phoning me at the same time. - This happens alot

I was in my friends car & I was paging through my phones-phonebook and I stopped on a friends name. I asked the driver if I should give him a call and the guy I was gonna phone walked around the corner (We were stopped at a traffic light)

I even used it at work. I am a pc engineer & I walk around alot. The name of someone or something I was meant to do would pop into my head & I'd go see them before I go back to my desk only to find them in the middle of writing me an email! - Sorry for the long examples but it is something I've noticed for years & I just want to know if there is anyway of improving it or if anyone knows more about it??

Ive got stacksof examples but Im sure you get the point & if you know what Im talking about then it shouldnt need much more explaining.

I also do some other strange things I cant explain but this is one I most often see occuring.

I think it has to do with the person thinking of me (Or Vise Versa) and his/her brain sends a signal to mine which is received as a form of thought???

Your input would be greatly appreciated*

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think that what you are explaining is really quite common. It happens to me a lot too. It's nothing for me to be in the middle of something and an old movie that I haven't seen in ages pops into my head and then i'll go home that night and it'll be on HBO or something. It happens with songs and old friends as well. Telepathy would be a good explanation, however I can't see where that would fit in with such things as old movies and songs. Dunno what causes it, but it's normal kind of like Deja Vu...basically everyone has it, but we can't explain why.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thats exactly what Ive said to my friends too. Everyone has it but its just wether you notice it or not that makes the difference. Thats true for alot of things in life.

I often guess impossible things and think of people or things & then they appear. I've also starting noting that I'd say something & then someone on TV would say the same thing at same time!

I think I should take the Lotto or something

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem

I think I should take the Lotto or something

LOL...doubtful it would work that way. Things like that usually don't occur when we want them too. My experience anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
ha ha this happens to me alll the time! i can't explain it or predict when its going to happen but when it does it astonishes me. there were actually 2 accounts that i really did predict something but it wasnt really anything important. the first time i was listening to the radio and before i changed the station i predicted a song would come on and it did lol. the second time i looked at my phone and said my boyfriend was going to call and soon as i thought it, he called. But sometimes I will hear words or find out things that I've never heard before and then as soon as I do, that thing or word pops up every where I go. I've also had my friends call me at the same time I was calling them or I'll think of someone I haven't seen in a while and then I will see them or hear about them. Its really strange.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's chance. You just remember the times it happens, not the times it doesn't.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The actual explanation for this is easy.

Humans have a full power brain, yet we use 10% of the ACTUAL power of our brain, or 1/10th of it. I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. Albert Einstein had an amazing IQ of about 160, now I know that sounds low, but you have a certain amount of time to take an IQ test, if you take the test and don't mind the time, you can actually score 30 points higher then what it actually is. So with that being said, Einstein had an IQ of about 160, but he had the ability to raise that, and he raised his IQ from somewhere around 160 to a little over 239, which is phenomenal. Only 1% of the human race has an IQ of over 135. My IQ personally is 140, my friends is around 115 or so, yet we solve the SAME problem in the same amount of time, so IQ isn't everything, but the way you THINK. Einstein had this mastered and could raise his IQ around 70 points or so.

As I said before, less then 1% of the Human population uses more then 1/10th of their actual brain power. Scientists figured Einstein had just surpassed 2/10th's of his brain power. As you use more and more of your brain power, apparently you gain special "powers." Before Einstein died, he had recorded the ability to levitate. After 2/10th's of a brain being used, nobody knows what could happen. Scientists speculate if they could mechanically enhance somebodies brain to use 10/10th's or full power of the brain, that person could create life. So as you say, you somehow know things that are going to happen before they do or are said. BUT you don't have the ability to confidently predict when things are going to happen.

I used to be able to do the things you mention in this forum. I still can however, but it's escalated from where you guys are at. Now I can hear phones ring before they do, and 90% accurately identify who is calling. I've impressed myself quite a few times. 75% of the dreams I have at night accurately come true. I'm not saying I'm some sort of psychic or that I'm smarter then everybody here, because I can accurately say that I don't use anywhere near 2/10th's of my brain. However, I could well be on my way to using more of my brain as I am only 18 years old. The first step to becoming something more then a "natural" human being is realizing that you have the ability to do this. Most never realize they have the ability to unknowingly predict things, the step after you realize you can unknowingly predict things, is realizing you can accurately predict things. After that, the steps are unknown from my perspective. I hope to someday be able to use more of my brain power then Albert Einstein, however people think he could so much brain power because of his amazing IQ, which was actually not as impressive as most people think, however 160 is still amazingly high. The reason he could use so much of his brain power was his ability to think things through, he could realize things faster then most people, and that was what increased his IQ. I'm sitting here wondering right now, if the next ability past this "realization" of identifying who is calling and hearing a phone ring before it does, is being able to successfully raise an IQ level.

It will be interesting to see what I can accomplish and quite frankly I can't wait.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodsWarrior
I've also had my friends call me at the same time I was calling them or I'll think of someone I haven't seen in a while and then I will see them or hear about them. Its really strange.

Thats exactly what Im talking about. It happens daily and most frequently with people about to phone. I cant stress enough how often it happens.

I would also sometimes dream of a friend I hadnt seen in a while & then they would email a hello letter or I would "bump" into them during the day.

It just happend 30 minutes ago. I was testing a customers modem & I replaced it and used the shops phone line to test the dial-up.

While I was on the net the thought popped into my head that he was trying to call me (even though I said I would phone him once its finished & he had just dropped it off) I disconnected from the net & plugged the phone line back in & phoned him to tell him to collect the pc.

He told me he had been trying to phone for 20 minutes.

The fact of my long boring story is that I knew he was trying to call me.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Refer to my post. It explains why it happens and everything there with the exception of Einstein's actual IQ is fact.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hey to get Buddhist on you guys, all life is connected. I get these experiences too. Our subconscious mind is hooked up to a subconscious network, which picks funny times to be in sync with the higher group consciousness.

I've elaborated on this before, one of the examples I had given, is trends in music. The same sound in a new music trend, tends to pop up simultaneously across the continets and globe.

-ADHD

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Heres another good example of what happened yesterday.

I was driving home & a thought of my friend popped into my head while I was at a traffic light. I then thought that he's probably gonna wonder if Im going to gym or not.

Then I drove off & didnt think anything else of it.

My cell-phone was dead and when I got home I put it on charge and I had a message from him asking if I was going to gym!! The time of the message was around the same time of the thought because I just left work & I was on my way home and was about 5mins from work when it happened.

This always seems most prevelant around cellphones, I wonder how it is connected?

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The 10% statement may have been started with a misquote of Albert Einstein or the misinterpretation of the work of Pierre Flourens in the 1800s

Somehow, somewhere, someone started this myth and the popular media keep on repeating this false statement (see the figures

Source 1
Source 2

Anyway not trying to burst any bubbles but that 10% brain thing is completely false. If 90% of our brain wasnt used evolution would have taken it away long ago, like they say, use it or lose it.

That doesnt change the fact that our minds are still amazing and we really dont know what every part of it does, and it may very well have a section for "paranormal" events (the '___' area or who knows).

On topic: Its really cool when things like that happen. It reminds me of the whole we're connected to everything theories. I'd like to believe that we are anyway and experiences like those just reinforce that belief.

One time I was driving in my car and traffic was blocking the intersection. This one nice lady stayed back so I could get through. So I wave and start to go. So im looking to my right to make sure no traffic is comming. Without realizing it I slam on my breaks and wouldn't you know it a car decided to go into opposing traffic to go around the backup. Coincidence? Who knows, I didnt see the car comming and before I knew it I was slamming on my breaks while looking to the right. I can't explain why I wasnt in an accident that I should have been other than something told me to stop.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by xEphon]

[edit on 4-8-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Seeee....Told you so

www.cnn.com...

Phone telepathy: You knew it was true

NORWICH, England (Reuters) -- Many people have experienced the phenomenon of receiving a telephone call from someone shortly after thinking about them -- now a scientist says he has proof of what he calls telephone telepathy.

Rupert Sheldrake, whose research is funded by the respected Trinity College, Cambridge, said on Tuesday he had conducted experiments that proved that such precognition existed for telephone calls and even e-mails.

...Undeterred, Sheldrake -- who believes in the interconnectedness of all minds within a social grouping -- said that he was extending his experiments to see if the phenomenon also worked for mobile phone text messages.

I just saw this on the CNN website. I wish I could be apart of the study. I cant stress enough how much this happens.

I also notice sometimes that I would wake up in the morning with the thought of someone in my mind. I've come to the conclusion that they are thinking of me at the same time because I would either get a message or phone call from them soon after or meet during the day.
This happens sometimes with friends I havent seen in ages and I acknowledge it and look out for it during the day.

Peace*

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
........it appears...does it? I very much doubt it!
Pure coincidence and/or personal perception is the culprit here. Anyone can tie two threads of circumstance together and perceive a pattern. It is all part of an individuals mindset. The only forces at work here are those of perception.
Personally I have never witnessed this phenomenon and I believe that is a result of the way my tracks on my train of thought are processed and channeled.
I do not believe that any paranormal forces are involved in this experience just a loose connectivity of pure circumstance.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Uow, I thought I was the only one to have this phenomenon or weirdness (haha! :lol

Happens to me all the time, sometimes Deja-vu follows it.

I like the feeling, like you said Zenem, the feeling of being connected

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thanks Tunin, I feel it most stongly with people I know well and it happens more frequently.

Last night was a classic...I was walking with my friends to a club & the thought of my other friend Blue popped into my head and I knew he was gonna phone.

I then turned to my friend and said, "watch in 1 minute, blue is gonna phone" And he did!

The hard part is identifying when it is just a thought or when it is actually the "phone telepathy"

Respek*

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I accept defeat, and I've been proven false and that's fine. But, explain something...not trying to challenge you, I want to know this for myself and I want to see what you guys think. I've correctly predicted 5 deaths in my family...and only 5. It's only happened 5 times and they all died within 2 weeks of me having the dream. In my dream, the person who is going to die, their face melts off and becomes a skeleton, and that's all that happens, everything else is a normal dream with all the weird crap, except that.

I also have two other stories.

When I was 6 years old, we visited my aunt's house in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. She owned a hotel, which was positioned to the right of her house...well trailor, it was actually a trailor, but that's not important. Anyway, my Uncle was BIG into Tarot cards, and was an obvious phony, as he told my mom that my dad was going to die before he turned 30 years old...Unfortunately for him, he just hit the big 5-0. So it's was plainly obvious he was fake, however the things I saw were not. After a long battle with cancer, his time had come, and he was on his death bed at the Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) in I believe Augusta, but I could be wrong. Anyway, as soon as we walked into the hospital, I remember feeling a lot of sorrow and anguish, I felt extremely scared because of this, but brushed it off figuring it was because my uncle was dying. We entered my uncle's room and I'll never forget what I saw. Circling the entire hospital room were black figures, they looked like flying skeletons with no legs that appeared to have a shredded sheet draped over them, with just a hole so the head could fit through. They were SHRIEKING so loud I couldn't hear anything. I took a glimpse of my uncle for probably a good 30 seconds and he looked to be in a coma. Suddenly he would open his eyes REAL wide, take a REALLY deep, loud breath and have this complete look of HORROR on his face, nothing I've ever seen before. I ran out of that room crying and he died a few hours later.

About 6 months after that I was sleeping, late morning probably when I had this dream. I dreamt of my uncle, the same one in the above story, and he appeared to me. Suddenly he began to mutate into this beast. He grew these massive bull horns from his ears and grew to probably 20x the size of a regular human. His back grew these...well these things. The best way to describe it was they looked like the plates on the back of a Stegosaurus, except sharp. He had a LONG whiplike tail which reminded me of a barb on the end of a stingray. He had a HUGE breastplate on and a shield, which encased what appeared to be thousands of souls. He also had a sword which looked like either flowing blood or fire. Anyway, he struck down my aunts motel she owned and it burned to the ground. He let out this loud laugh and and looked at me and started running towards me, and before he got to me I woke up. Well, the next night after I had that dream, there was a massive thunderstorm in Old Orchard and my aunts motel got struck by "lightning" and burned to the ground. Now I know these all see far fetched but I swear on my life that all of this happened. And no I'm not looking for attention, and this still has me scared out of my mind. I have other stories of things that have happened and if anybody is interested in hearing them I'll gladly post them. But I figured I'd start you guys off with these for now.

Please post your thoughts, I'd love to hear what you guys think.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
One thing you don't want to have with this ability is ADD.

You either: 1, Get so caught up in your thinking, that you totally miss what is is that would have shocked you, remembering only 3 days later, then losing it again to another random thought, or 2, get so hyperfocused that it happens all day long.

One thing I know:
I do dream things, and they happen....but I often forget until it's too late to stop whatever is going on from the dream....and often you don't derail it for more than a few minutes, anyway.

This could be a trigger, as in: We don't automatically seek those who are seeking us, nor do we cause them to seek us, but it's our mind trying to trigger the dream of what's going to happen before it does (changing the dream, by a small point, but not really enough to effect the whole of it).

I know it's easier to do this trick when there's a strong emotion, especially a negative one. In college, if we'd say a name of any certain about 3 times, we were certain they'd show up, and it's only failed 2-3 times, out of the some 60 odd times done...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
My mom and I experience this phenomena all the time, with the phone call thing.

A few years back, my stepdad had a heart attack and I was over 2000 miles away when it happened. I was playing guitar on the street corner when everything got very quiet on the street - even though there was a lot of car and foot traffic - I couldn't hear any of it - it was very errie.

I heard a voice out of nowhere that just said "your dad had a heart attack" and I rushed to the nearest payphone in a panic, but was so stressed out I couldn't remember the number to my parents.

I hoped a bus and headed home the next day - it took three days to get home. My dad recovered, and we were discussing my phenomenon over dinner one night and it turns out my dad's heart atteck had happened half an hour before I had that strange experience.

These sorts of "speak of the devil" experiences usually aren't as severe, but they only happen with close family and loved ones.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
That stuff happens to me allll the time.
Especially when I was younger. However, I do know that I have some clairvoyant type power, but as I grow, I find it to diminish somewhat. Although I do get much weirder dreams. Not scary, just weird.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join