It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

typical people (sorry for the outburst)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
why the # do people stare at me cause i dress different? im not the only #in goth on the planet! # loads of people dress like me. People just love to stop and #in stare when i walk past them and look at all the black gear.
Certain shops like to treat me different cause of the way i dress, is #in stupid and its really gets to me. Don't get me started about all the times i walk past the christian shop, the whole #in shop stares!!
sorry if this has nothing to do with the rant board, but i had to get this off my chest.

can anyone here relate to this?? people judgin you cause of your fashion??

(sorry if this post is offeneds you)

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe it depends on where you live.

We have the "fashion police" here. They are dressed in black & nail people with poor fashion sense. They give them a free makeover. And it's all documented on what else, a reality tv show.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
When I was 17 and had a liberty spiked mohawk, wore combat boots and torn up Sex Pistols or Misfits t-shirts I used to say the same thing. Now that I'm a little older, I stare, but not in judgement but in amazement, saying to myself, " Holy # did I used to dress like that?"

Dress how you like, but if it is really far on the outside of "norms" (and there are far fewer Goths than you realize) don't get mad about having the attention heaped upon you... as you bring it upon yourself ultimately.
If it makes you happy, do it.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
infinite. that is a thing called narrow mindedness of the masses..

but clothes work both ways.. its no good turning up for work say in leather pants calf high boots. and a vest ect ect..

in your own time anybody should be able to wear what they want.. even if it is offensive to other people.. if they are offended then they can look away..

but when your using somebody elses time at work suitable clothes should be worn at all times..

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
well i live in a place in kent called Canterbury which is full of chavs AKA townies (a trend who dress in all sports cloths and baseball caps, like to listen to hip hop,dance, r'n'b and have a problem with goths,moshers etc)

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I know what you mean, but I feel worse because people stop and stare and I look as normal as apple pie......it's a bit bizzare really

If you've seen Blue Velvet, then you might be wise to adopt a "Frank" position, and scream at them "Don't you #ing look at me, you #!" Should work!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
oh jesus chirst not the moshers/goths - scally/townie debate..

ive heard this so much..

look this kind of think allways happens

it was the mods and the rockers and all that back years ago..

your gonna have to lump it im afraid...

you both follow a trend.. and both are as bad as each other...but i understand what you mean...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner

you both follow a trend.. and both are as bad as each other...but i understand what you mean...

While I understand what your saying, it has to be said that most of the random acts of violence are the cause of townies, when compared to "moshers".....I don't see why people have to extend their taste in music to their clothes. You can listen to #-kicking music and still dress smart......or whatever.

I don't think anyones worse than anyone else for how they dress, but one thing I must say, the silliest of the bunch are ones who dye their hair pink and wear spiky collars simply because they want to feel "individual". It does the exact opposite, it dumps you straight back in the stereotype bin. Dress how you like, cos clothes are for keeping warm not making a statement!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I often get 'the stare' because of my glasses. Take it as a compliment.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
SOME people look at me in a weird way because I have a skin head. But don't they know that today, lots of people shave their head without sharing belief with skinheads or nazis? Dang! People are dumb...

I also sometimes like to draw tribal in my hair.
(well I don't actually draw it my self, get it done by someone)
When I do that, people simply look at me like if I were a grey or smthg.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Oh come on, this is a little pathetic.

This posts is typical of adolescent schizophrenic attitudes.

You want to be different,
stand out in the crowd,
be noticed as an individual,
not be thought of as a clone,
express your individuality
etc, etc, ...

so you wear different clothes to make a statement. How the hell can you be suprised when people look at you?

You have a choice, to admit that really you DON"T want to stand out, you just want to be like everyone else and happily anonymous.

Or you DO want to stand out, in which case you need to develop the backbone to put up with some attention.

Don't blame society because you are suffering from a individuation crisis....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
...damn...

...and Netty does teaching...bet his classes are 'fun'...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
well his jokes are normally allright...

NC is sorta like a boss you laugh at his jokes.. but generally stay out of his way...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sorry alien my sympathy is really low for things like this.

People need to work out their own identitiy crisises and sometimes blunt talking actually gives them a path. Patting them on the back and cursing society is not the answer the only change and growth will come from within.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Morbid, the title of this forum is RANT.
That means its a place to let your feelings out. Now if I have feelings over the rant of another person, (I havn't really I was just replying to it,) but if I did then this is the forum in which make it.

Also seeing this is the correct forum, this thread is the logical place for it to go, as its in response to the first RANT mentioned.

So if my rant is on the anst expressed by a goth, who hates being looked at in public but deiberatly wears attire different from the mainstream to express her/his individuality, then right here is where i am going to stick it.

Logical isn't it

Originally posted by m0rbid
NC

How 'bout having simpathy for people who need to rant

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
When I was 17 and had a liberty spiked mohawk, wore combat boots and torn up Sex Pistols or Misfits t-shirts I used to say the same thing. Now that I'm a little older, I stare, but not in judgement but in amazement, saying to myself, " Holy # did I used to dress like that?"

Dress how you like, but if it is really far on the outside of "norms" (and there are far fewer Goths than you realize) don't get mad about having the attention heaped upon you... as you bring it upon yourself ultimately.
If it makes you happy, do it.

I had the same problem. One good thing came out of it though, I learned how to fight.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:36 AM
link   
OH OH database is screwy, lost a couple of posts...

Morbid said this...
NC

How 'bout having simpathy for people who need to rant

I replied this ...
Morbid, the title of this forum is RANT.
That means its a place to let your feelings out. Now if I have feelings over the rant of another person, (I havn't really I was just replying to it,) but if I did then this is the forum in which make it.

Also seeing this is the correct forum, this thread is the logical place for it to go, as its in response to the first RANT mentioned.

So if my rant is on the anst expressed by a goth, who hates being looked at in public but deiberatly wears attire different from the mainstream to express her/his individuality, then right here is where i am going to stick it.

Logical isn't it

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
well his jokes are normally allright...

NC is sorta like a boss you laugh at his jokes.. but generally stay out of his way...

two words: David Brent.

(come on, someone here has to watch The Office)

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
LOL David Brent is great
The office is a great program. Back to the topic, i think people who feel they have to dress different because of there music are kind of weak minded..like NC said yours clothes dont make a statement.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
why the # do people stare at me cause i dress different? im not the only #in goth on the planet! # loads of people dress like me. People just love to stop and #in stare when i walk past them and look at all the black gear.
Certain shops like to treat me different cause of the way i dress, is #in stupid and its really gets to me. Don't get me started about all the times i walk past the christian shop, the whole #in shop stares!!
sorry if this has nothing to do with the rant board, but i had to get this off my chest.

can anyone here relate to this?? people judgin you cause of your fashion??

(sorry if this post is offeneds you)

whether you do it to shock peopleand get a response of some sort or simply because you like dressing in black clothes keep one thing in mind, the more you stick outlike a sore thumb the more people will gawk and treat you differently, as you look differently from most people they see. rather than getting all pissy about it, accept it as a partof the way you live and dress or change the way you dress. it's about as bad as those who are staring at you to begin with. so a bad attitude on your part isnt going tohelp because people will feel that vibe coming from you and then form a bad opinion about you.

also think of this, you are probably not the only one they have seen dressed this way but they probably had other people dressed like you say something rude before because they stared at them. now as rude as staring is making rude comments back laced with profanity or even a nasty look doesnt help mend fences as i have seen many goth become outright beligerant and even nasty. getting treated differently when you make a concious decision to look different from most of society is part of being who you are, get used to it and ignore it.

i've known a few goths and while i wont say i have an idea of how most goths dress and act i can say that those i have known are not exactly nice friendly people to begin with. they are generally rude, anti social people with a chip on their shoulder for lord knows what reason.

you seem to have a bit of an attitude yourself, whether its because of them or not i cant determine but as much as they stare at you judging you for being who you are you've probably looked at them judging them for how they all act and look the same. keep that in mind. even if they are rude and staring two wrongs dont make a right. be yourself and learn to ignore everyone else, we're conditioned by society to care what others think of us as it pertains to how we live and dress. its silly but you have to ignore it. that means exactly as it is read, IGNORE IT. not give an attitude or stare back or make a rude comment or gesture at them, simply go about your business and try to give a good impression of goths to people, there's enough out there all too happy to give a bad impression.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join