It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "I've been here before" experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ive already discussed what i think dejavu really is... but ummm you can read it again if youd like

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I had a Deja Vu last night, at my graduation.

We were all sitting at the table and I was talking, and all my friends were looking at me. And all of a sudden I just get this pit feeling that "i've seen this". So I stop my conversation and tell my friends: "I've just had a deja vu...".

My theory of deja vu is simple: It is precognition, and is simply your mind figuring out what will happen at some point, and that point becomes an event in our eyes. Case of quantum mechanics and its "possibility", you could say.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012
ive already discussed what i think dejavu really is... but ummm you can read it again if youd like

how can anyone understand deja vu without understanding time. time would be linked to deja vu would it not.

what did someone say, everything happens at the same time, but we need time to experience events. i assume there must be aload of work going on to understand time and what it means, and with respect the general public are never going to find out what time is because it would be to dangerous.

so i would just say again, deja vu is linked to time. everything is supposed to happen at the same moment, but we need time to experience it.
probably means time only exists in our 3d world as we know it. etc....

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Without recapping something I've already said, this topic was something I had wanted to discuss badly, but I guess others didn't. See here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

I have deja vu so often it has led me to sleep deprivation, or at least REM blocking. I seem to dream the mundane future alot. I don't remember it usually on waking, but the deja vu just gets ridiculous. So I limit my REM sleep quite a bit.

I've decided now I think that I want to just tune it a little. See if maybe I can figure out how to utilize this dreaming or whatever it is that is causing so much deja vu and try to use it.

So yeah, I'll be interested in reading what others have experienced and what they have done to use it or refine it.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I tend to have deja vu very often.... i'll be talking to someone or a group...events will transpire and I will pause for a bit because I know i've been in this situation before or seen it in a dream before....its a very strange feeling.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
I tend to have deja vu very often.... i'll be talking to someone or a group...events will transpire and I will pause for a bit because I know i've been in this situation before or seen it in a dream before....its a very strange feeling.

Of course you feel like that, the current events are being writted into long term memory the moment you experience them, leading to you being able to recall them from long term at the exact same time your having the experience.

Seems everyones off on a paranormal explanation and no ones commented on the logical explanation i gave.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I think people might wanna take a look at this:

www.thothweb.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i personally like logical explanations, but i'm enjoying all the different interpretations and experiences.

So what your saying mate, is that:

input --- > short term memory = "hey, that just happened"

This is what normally happens. But:

Input ---> long term memory = "hey, that happened a long time ago"

That is my interpretation anyway.

Also i notice a lot of people are leaning towards precognition. Deja vu has never predicted anything for me, just made me feel "queasy" (is the good word)

I'm going on a little bit of a tangent towards precognition now; there are thousands and thousands of people that believe they can predict something is going to happen. Some are right some are wrong, i don't judge because its not my call, and its impossible to come to a conclusion anyway.

But me, as a typical, ignorant 18 year old that spends his time going out to clubs and avoiding my manager from work, once woke up from a deep sleep at 6 oclock and knew with a sense of dread that my pet bird had JUST died. i found it writhing around on the bottom of the cage before it passed away (lovely)

Why bother? because if you ask around to your friends, how they felt when someone they felt very close to had passed away, you'll have at least a couple that either felt very sick shortly before, or people that just KNEW before anyone told them.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
i get it quite a few times, i dont know what is about to happen but it sounds very familiar and i immeadiately know what they are talking about( in school, i dont need help on what they mean)

but it happens out of school to, i dont know what it is but one of my theorys is that something happens in or just after that time that is bad, and it causes us top relive that moment in our minds.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
There was one time I got it on my 15th birthday, and it felt as if I had already been 15.

At the point where the deja vu accured, my dad had stepped up from the chair he was sitting on, and had a plate in his hands. I shouted everyone to stop what they were doing... And I told my dad that he would go over to take another slice of pie, and my mom would spill wine over the carpet. They weren't, but I am beginning to wonder if by me telling them they would, the universe made it impossible at that point.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
well that helps my theory i know that when it happened to me bad stuff has happened very shortly after, pity it didnt happen before i broke my finger

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The experience of "knowing" something bad has happened is very probably down to some undiscovered link between people you have a strong relationship. If we really are all from the same being, cosmic building blocks or whatever, then its possible that messages are sent between us sub-conciously or in the astral realm. Either way I think that its a separate topic.

Unless your saying that Deja Vu is another signal being interpreted.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
no i think de ja vu is giving us the opportunity to stop this bad thing ever happening but most of the time we dont remember the "thing" even though everything seems familiar

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I know this because I have dreamnt this and things sometimes in my dreams come up to be true almost the exact same way.

That's how mine always happen...like a dream.I notice it an stand back thinking about the dream and try to remember just what happens next...I rarely get freaked out or nervous about things..instead I kinda go with the flow and see what happens next..But yeah it always has been a dream I had and then I see the dream play out when I'm awake.Could be the same day..could be a week later.I've had a few that didn't happen for years.

I've tried telling people about it but quit after I got tired of the looks I got

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsOutThere2012

I read that thread, wish I could move it here or this one to it. Also went to the web site someone else offered which says that chronic deja vu's are not unknown at all and in fact are being studied at a university. I started this without the url, but it is on this thread.

And here it is, simple as an edit, www.thothweb.com...

[edit on 22-6-2006 by curiousity]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Firstly, I haven't read all of the posts so I apologise if this has been said.

I read somewhere that deja vu occur when your long term and short term memory get confused with eachother, which then makes you think you've experienced a particular situation before. I don't buy that theory but I won't deny that it's plausible.

I've had countless deja vus, I actually find them quite interesting - knowing what's going to happen and when, it's pretty cool. It usually starts off with somebody doing or saying something then I think, "Hey, this has happened before, soon he/she will *insert verb here*".

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I've never had that feeling AND precognition. Usually when it happens to me its the old "tip of the tongue" syndrome and is why I say its long/short term memory confusion.

If however I'd managed to predict something that couldn't have been worked out from what is going on around me, then I'd be looking for another explanation.

I do however believe we have invisible links to the people we know and love, since I believe that we are just a form of more complex chemical reactions, like the way bonds are formed between elements to make compounds.

[edit on 14-8-2006 by Trojan_libido]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
My theory on Deja vu, is that its our stored psychic ability letting itself off in small bursts...we get the feeling we have been here before because we already know we are going to be there so to say. Next time you have the same feeling...dont say it out loud or dont even think to youself "wow im haveing a deja vu" and more importantly, dont break that path of concentration! belive it or not i have managed to strech out Deja vu for at least 15 minutes. Though im still not shure how to induce it yet, but the feeling is more frequent and strong.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When I get these funny moments, I sometimes think to myself, “Yes that’s right” as if something within that moment – such as something someone does – fits to what I remember even though I don’t remember it beforehand.

Hope you follow!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
what i think happens when you have those deja vu experiences is that you can actaully predict the future. i belive that all of us that experience those are in some ways psychich, ive had those happen to me all the time. like for example, i would dream about it, and then it would happen to me at exactly the same time and date, as in my dream. for example, i had a quick dream, that i was sitting on my bed reading electronic gaming monthly, and i was on a specific page, i remember, and my mom was saying the same exact thing word for word that was in my dream. so I think that you have some psyschic abilities to predict the future.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by TeH PwNeR]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join