It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "I've been here before" experience

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freewind
Hey everyone

I would like to ask people for their thoughts and perhaps even experiences with the "i've been here before" effect. We all have friends that occasionally will say "woah, i've just had deja vu" or maybe even you have had a strong experience. I'm bewildered and i would appreciate any insights or even just contributions. I suppose it is appropriate for me to explain my experience. I remember it because it was quite powerful and i seemed to have had it for no reason

Quite simply, three years ago, i was in a full english classroom, the teacher was talking about Romeo and Juliet. I was sat in a specific chair, and thinking a specific thought, and the teacher said something that set me off... im sorry i cant remember what it was he said, or much else for that matter, i just remember what i felt.

firstly, as soon as he said the phrase, my first thought was "oh *****" i know this. i know this and i've done it before, in this chair, in this room with all these people. and he's already said that.... then i started feeling quite sick... REALLY sick i was breathing heavily like i'd had the wind knocked out of me and lastly i had a deep, nasty gut feeling that something was slightly "off" All this happened in the space of about 5 seconds, but it was like my mind was racing. I could not remember why or when i was there before... this is stupid, but i could only remember the memory of being there before. and whats wierd is my feelings were all over the place but were maybe saying that i could have been there years ago, or even (i know this doesnt make sense) been there before in the future.

After about 5 seconds i was fine and went back to work. But All of this was wrong because it was a normal, quiet day, and i was calm and had never even thought about the unnatural. just my homework

Normally i'm a critic of people that claim to have experiences, so i'll make it clear im not trying to convince skeptics, or even gullible people. But i'd appreciate any insights or similar stories from people who recall a deja vu experience.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

The question isnt about when you felt deja-vu but how many times you feel it especially if it becomes clearer and more often.

<< 1  2   >>

join