It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq's forces finds two missing soldiers dead, tortured.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You guys have now been searching for information to prove me wrong for over half an hour. I am glad you went to the trouble, maybe you have learned something just a bit different about what is really going on over there.

I don't blame you for not believing me, you have been lied to and misled by your politicians and the US media about Australia's true role in Iraq.

We may stay in Iraq, or we may eventually pull out. But either way whatever happens will be decided by us, not by your President.

In a way I feel sorry you have lost Australia as a long term friend, but that is just the way it is. As the motto here goes "deny ignorance". The truth is important, even if it is sometimes painful.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpspeed
In a way I feel sorry you have lost Australia as a long term friend, but that is just the way it is. As the motto here goes "deny ignorance". The truth is important, even if it is sometimes painful.

Recent news tells me otherwise, Australia is still our friend.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Warpspeed: Did you not read my post describing the various operation Austrailia was actively involved in?!

Ignorance means lack of understanding of a subject. If you are unwilling to even look over my findings and prove me wrong then I will bow down. Until then I think you are wasting everyones time by not even listening to others information.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Warpspeed: Did you not read my post describing the various operation Austrailia was actively involved in?!

Ignorance means lack of understanding of a subject. If you are unwilling to even look over my findings and prove me wrong then I will bow down. Until then I think you are wasting everyones time by not even listening to others information.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Knights]

And did you not read my reply that those military activities were all in Gulf War One, which has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in Iraq now.

Perhaps it is yourself that does not read peoples replies.

There have been two totally different wars. We were in the first, but totally out of this second one.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Warpspeed]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Recent news tells me otherwise, Australia is still our friend.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by deltaboy]

Yes indeed. Bush said if you are not with us, you are against us. So we choose to smile and be polite to America, while staying right out of these foolish wars.

Both Bush and our Prime Minister smile and shake hands publicly, but they both know the truth. But don't underestimate the smouldering anger in Australia over this.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No this is the current war. Not desert storm. Please get your facts right.

Quoting senior military sources, the Daily Telegraph reported that Australia’s commitment to the invasion of Iraq would include Special Air Services (SAS) troops, F/A-18 Hornet fighters, P3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft, a Boeing 707 air-to-air refueling plane and three warships, including an amphibious command vessel. Some 20 Australian military officers are already stationed at the US Gulf headquarters in Qatar, where they are preparing to oversee the arrival of the Australian military contingent.

SAS troops, including a contingent of 150 that recently returned from Afghanistan, have been in intensive training for operations in Iraq. Their role, according to the newspaper, will be to destroy Iraqi mobile Scud missile launchers. The Hornets could be used in bombing raids in conjunction with US planes from Qatar and Kuwait, while the amphibious ship would function as a support “warehouse” and command ship for Australian military forces.

Another source backing up my claims written in 1999.

LINK

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
No this is the current war. Not desert storm. Please get your facts right.

Quoting senior military sources, the Daily Telegraph reported that Australia’s commitment to the invasion of Iraq would include Special Air Services (SAS) troops, F/A-18 Hornet fighters, P3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft, a Boeing 707 air-to-air refueling plane and three warships, including an amphibious command vessel. Some 20 Australian military officers are already stationed at the US Gulf headquarters in Qatar, where they are preparing to oversee the arrival of the Australian military contingent.

SAS troops, including a contingent of 150 that recently returned from Afghanistan, have been in intensive training for operations in Iraq. Their role, according to the newspaper, will be to destroy Iraqi mobile Scud missile launchers. The Hornets could be used in bombing raids in conjunction with US planes from Qatar and Kuwait, while the amphibious ship would function as a support “warehouse” and command ship for Australian military forces.

Another source backing up my claims written in 1999.

LINK

Huh ???? How could something written in 1999 be about the war on terror going on right now?

Since when have the US or Australia attacked Baghdad with an air strike in this current war against the insurgents. But they sure gave it a pounding when Saddam was there. How many mobile Scud missile launchers are these insurgents using these days ? Three warships, they would be very useful against the insurgents eh ? Don't you get it yet ???

You are still using links to old combat missions fought in THE PREVIOUS WAR.

Get it through your head, there have been two different wars. We have had nothing to do with this current war against insurgents.

America's closest allies USED TO BE Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. None of us have troops in Iraq carrying out combat missions with the US in this latest war. But all three of us were there in the first war.

Try all you want to twist the truth, but we no longer do combat missions in Iraq, not since the beginning of 2003.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by Warpspeed]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
how bout this?

we leave Iraq. let the insurgents take it over like they are doing in Somalia.. we put all our troops on the border and tell them to shoot anything entering illegally. and then we can fight the terrorists in the city streets of manhatten and los angeles... sounds like a good plan /ends sarcasm ... who ever wants to leave iraq supports terrorism

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What I want to know is where are all those human rights groups that cry foul when it is alleged that some insurgent was tortured? Amazing how fast they forget when it is not one of theirs.:shk: Hypocrisy at its finest if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The best place for all these American troops right now would be along the Mexican border. It would be a popular political move, it would end the high US death toll, and it would actually be doing something seen as being useful.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Condolences to the families. Its weird that the insurgents could have kept the soldiers alive to be used as a bargaining chip, or to show off their captives on tv and make the soldiers talk about how scare they are or something as they have showoff others like reporters and contractors who were kidnapped. But it seems to me the soldiers pretty much were not cooperative in their aims so they pretty much killed them and left their bodies

Those that have served in the military would tell you that this act of slaughter is standard fare. I can assure you, the troops were tortured, interrogated, tortured and killed. The captors don't care to have a bargaining chip..... they only wanted to show violence and propaganda with inhumane murder. That is a terrorists stock in trade. It has been that way for many wars & years.

As do we all, my heart and thoughts go out to the families.... who must LIVE with this image.... like Nick Berg's family did.

Just my opinion.

Dave

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
shots.. i tihnk u meant to say the opposite.. where are the human rights groups when our soldiers are mutilated? they are too busy worried about guantanimo... this just in.. that prison is in Cuba and they are being treated better then the cubans

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Oh boo hoo some marines were picked off. Yah it sucks but the same thing has been happening to innocent civilians at a much larger rate. Most of the jarheads on here say the same thing when its the other side and the same applies here.....war is hell.....deal with it.

brill

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So a bullet going through a 3 years old skull is much better? Death in war is not supposed to be pleasant at any level. Deal with it.

brill

[edit on 21-6-2006 by brill]

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i dont have to deal with it. you have no respect for servicemen. i hope your not american because if you are ill be disappointed

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Don't forget that all these war atrocities only began when the widespread torture of American prisoners at Abu Gharib became public. They then retaliated by publicly beheading some American prisoners.

Remember " Lindy" the female army driver that was captured ? She was very well treated by her captors. If America had stuck to the Geneva convention, none of this would be happening now.

America started all this torture business, so now Americans know exactly what to expect if captured.

Lindy who? You talking about Gulf War I or Gulf War II during hostilities? I know you aren’t talking about anytime since the war ended, because you would be wrong.

Earth to Warpspeed... this just in. Not a single American soldier who has been taken prisoner by terrorists has been returned alive. NOT 1. Every American soldier taken prisoner by terrorists has been killed. All of them.

It is sad that not only Americans, but many people in the world refuse to even acknowledge that reality, and attempt to form some sort of moral equivalence for who knows what reason between the way terrorists do things and Abu Gharib, or even better, Guantanamo Bay which by any possible measurement treats prisoners better than our enemy does.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
if i was in iraq they would have to kill me on spot because i would not be taken alive by terrorist scum bags who believe that allah actually told them to do this sick stuff

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Lindy who? You talking about Gulf War I or Gulf War II during hostilities? I know you aren’t talking about anytime since the war ended, because you would be wrong.

Earth to Warpspeed... this just in. Not a single American soldier who has been taken prisoner by terrorists has been returned alive. NOT 1. Every American soldier taken prisoner by terrorists has been killed. All of them.

It is sad that not only Americans, but many people in the world refuse to even acknowledge that reality, and attempt to form some sort of moral equivalence for who knows what reason between the way terrorists do things and Abu Gharib, or even better, Guantanamo Bay which by any possible measurement treats prisoners better than our enemy does.

I screwed up, her name was not Lindy, but Jessica Lynch. Here is the story, but there is a heap more on this through google if you search.

en.wikipedia.org...

Early in the war US prisoners were treated very well. Your statement that ALL American prisoners are executed is only true today.

If Jessica Lynch was captured today she would probably be raped, tortured and even beheaded. But only because of the barbaric actions of the US military in Iraq.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Early in the war US prisoners were treated very well. Your statement that ALL American prisoners are executed is only true today.

If Jessica Lynch was captured today she would probably be raped, tortured and even beheaded. But only because of the barbaric actions of the US military in Iraq.

What goes around comes around.

It has been true since the combat operations of the war ended, which was about 30 days after the war started. Lynch was a prisoner of war by the Iraqi Army, the same Iraqi Army that are the allies of the US now.

Barbaric actions? How many prisoners of war have been executed by American soldiers? The answer is 3, and the three soldiers who did it have been thrown in the brig and await trial that will likely lead to a life sentence. While I am shooting holes in your bs, I'll help you track the information by pointing out that prisoner was killed a month ago, it was the first to die by a method other than suicide since the war began.

Your hate for the US has distorted your capability to be objective and insightful on the Iraq war issue.

[edit on 21-6-2006 by darksided]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join