It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive Thinking Study (What the Bleep Do We Know)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
People, this works. Without going into great detail, i have managed to create for myself through Desire-Envision- Commit & Expect thinking a new life for myself.

A good way to practice this is:

Know what you want
state what you want 3 or 4 times a day- initially keep it simple. If you need money, tell the universe you want money. Decide to have it. Live it.
Express as many times as you can how grateful you are to have money comming.
VISUALIZE it. Spend time playing this scenario in your head. Think about the things you already got with that money ( or in your love life, or anything you want)
EXPECT- that this will come your way.
GRATITUDE: express gratitude for everything you have and for whats comming to you- Remember how important you are...important to the evolution of the whole planet.
HAVE FULL EXPECTATIONS- that the universe will deliver exactly what you need.
RAISE YOUR VIBRATIONS- When two things have the same vibration they resonate with each other. Higher frequencies allow things to come faster.
YOU cannot afford depression or anger- dont indulge. Be grateful for all the things you NOW have- your computer, tv, your dog, your spouse, your desk (yea, even your desk) your food, anything and everything.

ENVISION- all the time. Why you want what you want. its very important to live the scenario...Its your mind, put it to use.

While you envision, feel the joy and exitement. Repeat the vision 2 or 3 times a day.

The things i just posted have gotten me to another level and i find after awhile this "way of thinking" becomes normal... that's what you want- you want to erase years and years of negativity from your mind. Soon, good things will start comming your way from all directions. Remember the experiment with the water.
At this point, your body is receiving and sending positive thoughts and good things will enter your life.

This is all very basic. I thought i'd share what i've been doing here in order to help others. Please try it- You have nothing to lose.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
DG...
Do you have any real life examples you could share? Something where you wanted something and it was granted? Something tangible that you felt was a direct result of your thoughts?

I know you just started this process fairly recently and it sounds like it really working for you. That's great! Keep it up and good luck in the future

Me, I haven't decided to dive completely in yet (my feet are just getting wet). I seem to be having religious issues

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The water experiment is a good one... (albiet a bit un-empiracle).

Homepathic medicine is another example...
there is no scientific reason known of why it works, but it appears to do so (you will find "proof" on both sides of the debate)
but the latest word, is that a micro amount of a substance changes the properties of the water it is dilluted with (to a .00000005 dillution or some such)

From this evidence, we see some proof that the simplist contact/affect of a substance, makes a change on the contacted substance as a whole...

aren't we made of water? is it too "out there" to think that we are all connected on some level, in the quantum entanglement of the universe?

This is where the power of positive thinking becomes much bigger than ourselves...
it affects everyone around us, and if we beleive QP, then it affects everyone period!

We all ride the same wave, at different levels... lets all seek the highest level...

And BTW: if you are a beleiver of a formal orthodox religion, and want to test this premise... then always say "thank you" in your prayers, instead of "please"...
one word assumes total faith (like the innocence of a child), while the other shows doubt...

practice makes perfect...
I am so happy for you dgtempe... keep that belief ball rolling, all the way to your goal...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Mecheng- i will share it with you then. For starters, ive been back to Cape Cod for 1 year now and no one is hiring. Unfortunatedly, i find that the 17, and 18 year olds get all the jobs here. This is obviously a resort town, there are no large companies, etc. So the jobs here are service oriented and they are all given to the very young. I'd go into Boston, but i dont have a car right now- hubby has it.

I have dwelled in misery for a year, thinking poor me, nobody wants me, why bother, why apply, they all lie, dont call us, we'll call you and so on.....

Also- (I'll give you all the negative stuff first) my husband is a hard worker, but is extremely negative---that black cloud follows him everywhere..
You know? For instance: He's always saying, the car is going to break down. Ta Da!!! It did.
He comes home and is a downer to me. He does have issues from the service also, but the negativity is overwhelming to me. I cant stand it. I tune him out.
You get the picture.

I started practicing what i stated above, just some simple tips i got, and not only do i not feel useless anymore, i actually am seeing manifestations. A friend of mine called me with a way to make money. I do have a job i do at home for now and that's starting to show improvement. My husband ( strange) has picked up on "something" from me and is acting differently. Note: he doesnt know i'm into something he would call "voodoo"
As i visualize things and state my gratitude and picture things in my mind, i am the happiest i have been in a long time! Nothing but good is comming thru my front door- i expect it to be that way.
I am much less negative ( this will take awhile- you cant cure a lifetime way of thinking in 2 weeks) and find myself looking forwards to things.

I hope this gives you a little idea where i was and why i think this is so great.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I saw the movie about a year ago, but have lived my life in the manner we are discussing along with intention ( action) that must follow through with the belief.

Sitting at home believing things will get better will not make them so, you must create the catalyst that allows change to occur. If this means educating yourself for a different career, cutting off dependancies, leaving bad influences behind, whatever it takes, you need to take those steps to allow change into your life.
Taking those first steps create the catalyst for change to happen. And it will come, in paths and avenues you never imagined. And usually having nothing to do with the original action you embark upon.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
He's always saying, the car is going to break down. Ta Da!!! It did.

Yes, the subconscious mind does not differentiate between "bad" and "good". This 'power' will manifest whatever fuel it is fed.

Originally posted by mecheng
I seem to be having religious issues

I'm curious. How does religion interact/affect this? I'm confused by your statement.

Another manifestation: My sister and I owned homes in the southwest US. We were both single and happy, but wanted companions to share our lives with. We were also tired of the particular city (and heat) we lived in but loved the southwest in general. So we got the idea to move to somewhere completely different (the wet, green Northwest US) and find ourselves some men!

We packed up everything we owned, put our houses on the market and took off for Oregon, where neither of us had ever been, all the while knowing that A. We'd find suitable employment and B. We'd find these men we were looking for. Within 3 years we were both married to the men of our dreams, we have all moved back down to the southwest (higher elevation so not as hot), where we all belong and this year, we celebrated our 14th wedding anniversaries.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wow, BH. I love your story. What the power of the mind can do!!

I just cant get over it. I wish i'd discovered this freedom years and years ago. My parents, unintently (sp) made me negative. I dont hold any grudges, they didnt know better. Most of us are shaped and molded as soon as we're born.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I am also doing this. Its meditation that takes 20 minutes- I love it for the reasons you will see.
I urge you to try it. You need to make sure you're not interrupted.

www.meditainment.com... THE SECRET GARDEN

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticI'm curious. How does religion interact/affect this? I'm confused by your statement.

I brought this up in another thread so I'm sorry for going over it all again. I am a strong believer in Jesus Christ but do not belong to a particular denomination (was baptised Catholic, currently Protestant, never really active except at personal level). My hang up is...
1. How the the 'WTBDWK' video makes the point that 'we are gods'. I believe, and was taught that Christ is the one and only true God. I feel this point is somewhat blasphemous.
2. Whether God want us to have this knowledge. Are we as a species ready for this power spiritually?
2. Greed. Stating that 'I will be wealthy' when there is so much else in the world that needs fixing. Although really, I just want my credit card debts gone

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone. I just have a few hurdles I need to get over in my own head (I tend to be a very conservative person). Lazarus and a few others have been a big help, but I guess I would like to know from other Christians how they feel as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
For what its worth. I am dealing with a certain tiny uncomfortable feeling, being a Catholic.
I now see that God or The Force is everywhere- he's in everything you see , touch, smell and so on. He's inside us as well. God is inside me in unity with the universe and all things. He is not an old man in heaven directing our lives, and judging. I see nothing wrong or strange about believing in God in the way i am dealing with. Jesus is within me. We are all one, even God. I will continue praying to God and the Universe and that higher power we know exists. That power wants us to have it all. that power does not want negativity, violence, suffering, etc.

My 2 cents.
Am i making sense? Sometimes i cant get my thoughts across very well due to ADHD, OCD, and language barriers.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
1. How the the 'WTBDWK' video makes the point that 'we are gods'. I believe, and was taught that Christ is the one and only true God. I feel this point is somewhat blasphemous.

Thanks for the explanation. I think we each have to define the "we are gods" statement as what that might mean to us. I don't really know what God is or if it is. So, I think the definition would be different for each of us. What it means to me is that we have a lot more personal power than we know or acknowledge. There is so much more to 'us' than our physical self. SO much power outside our 5 senses. We have the power to manifest. That's what I think it means. We can make things happen.

2. Whether God want us to have this knowledge. Are we as a species ready for this power spiritually?

By definition, He does and we are. I mean, if there is a God, then we wouldn't be 'having this knowledge' without His approval or consent. If He didn't want us to know, we wouldn't know. And if we weren't ready, it wouldn't be happening. At least everything I know about God tells me this. I can't picture God saying, "Oops! They found out about that before I had planned them to. Darn it."

2. Greed. Stating that 'I will be wealthy' when there is so much else in the world that needs fixing.

Then don't use it for wealth. I haven't.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone. I just have a few hurdles I need to get over in my own head (I tend to be a very conservative person).

I'm not trying to pursuade anyone either, just so you know. I think this is a very interesting conversation and I am really enjoying it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticI can't picture God saying, "Oops! They found out about that before I had planned them to. Darn it."

Great logical explaination (on all points). Thanks!

edit - But didn't Eve eat the apple from the tree of knowledge, something that God explicitly said not to do? Is the 'power of the mind' possibly the knowledge that God didn't want us to have... yet? Perhaps we aren't ready for everyone to start using this power to 'have anything they want'. Know what I mean? I might be totally confused
and I'mprobably stretching a bit, but it's just something I've been contemplating lately.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
About greed, ummm... i'm being taught not to have greed. You are taught that you can desire many things and then, initially norrow it down to one. I chose to make money, not out of greed, but out of need. Always keeping in mind WHAT you would do with money, and asking for little bits in my case through sales.

This isnt something where you're all of a sudden going to decide you WANT IT ALL, and you want to be rich and powerful- another Bill Gates.

I could never and would never resort to insulting the Universes vibrations with this.
imo, if you approach it with this attitude, you'll get diddly.
This takes time to develop and you go about it in baby steps.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well said dgtempe... the student has indeed become the teacher...
just call me "grasshopper"...

Mecheng... I think something that might help release preconceptions, is a study of origins of the bible...
or dont study it...because it is a can of worms that once opened, cannot be shut...
otherwise, simply pray, and say thank you.... rather than please...
it assumes that god is already at work on the problem... works the same way

**************** do not read below, unless you choose the can of worms******

The bible is not the word of god, it is the word of those that did there best to faithfully reproduce from copies of copies, of original word of mouth...

ever played that game in school, where you whisper something into the person in fronts ear, and they do the same... you can only repeat it once, and whatever they hear, is what the next person hears from them...

"Have a nice day!"- becomes "bad hair today?" by the end of the whisper line...

such is the nature of the origins of the bible, except at every translation, there were scholars of the day, who translated, and interpreted what they wanted written.

The bible says itself "do not add too, or take away" but too late...this ones already been bastardized by other interpretations from word go...
when Saul (paul) brought Yesuahs teaching to the gentiles, he changed it majorly...
and surprise, it turned into the church of the roman empire...(but it wasn't the teachings of christ at that point, it was the translation of Saul)

The forgotten Gnostic gospels are considered by many to be the untainted original word of the messiah (the orthodox churches dissagree, since the gospels were erased from the original bible shortly after the controlling coptic church got ahold of it.)

In those gospels (which still survive), you will find perhaps the word of god, and jesus that you haven't heard before... a beautiful one, that really calls to my soul, much more than the condemnation focus of the modern fundimentalists, or even the older orthodoxes...
and the amazing thing is... the gnostic gospels are the most pristine, and the most "untainted" from the original (written originally about 50-150 years after christs death)
which predates many of the books presently in the new testiment.
the modern bible is the history of the Organized churchs methods of control of the populace.
the original bible was a testiment to the glory of faith, and the reward for devotion to jesus teachings... and couldn't have been used as a control method, becuase its most base tenants opposed control of people.

IMO they are finally coming into their own, and perhaps, this was gods plan all along...
MEANING: let humanity play, and taint the man-made version, while "god" preserved the original to be researched much later...
just my two cents...
And as far as the tree of knowledge goes... the whole chapter is suspect, due to old hebrew leader bias, away from knowledge of the masses... they liked ignorance even back then... ignorance is easier to control.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I need all the good vives i can get from you all now. My phone has been shut off because of $47.00 The internet is included in this service with no heart, so i dont expect to have Internet very shortly.
A test?

Maybe. I wont get depressed- i've had it with Comcast. Like the customer service person said, its computerized and has "no heart"

I will continue my daily routines and i will find a way to communicate with all of you. Somehow, it only upsets me because of you all, because i know i can do business from my sons house. I may go to cellular. I'm not going to feed this Comcast pig anything more.

See you soon, take care- love you all. Talk about drama.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
mega good vibes sent your way dg...

(also check your u2u)
this is a temporary situation, that will end better than it began...
but hang in there...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Alright, breaking out my first post here!

I read this thread and knew I had to suck it up and jump out of lurkdom, because this applies so much to what I believe. Although I have read many different theories in the past, the recent viewing of this movie has brought them back into my present life. I have been trying to apply these theories and jumble them together to make sense of everything. This particularly stood out to me:

It **IS** the 'REAL' world???? I'm afraid it's whatever you choose it to be...

I believe "real" is what you make of it, and if you think that you need to fit in with what society believes is normal, then that is by your own accord. People can exist succesfully in a life that doesn't fit what one refers to as "The Real World". Taking a chance at living your own reality is risky and scary, but you will be a million times happier when you realize you don't have to live the way you thought you did.

Sorry if this rambling doesn't make sense, I'm in a rush and should have realized that organizing my thoughts would take longer than I thought! Eek!

*Great Thread, I look forward to reading more!*

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS FTS,
(I like to play devil's advocate which helps solidify my beliefs) Do you think that using your mind power and thinking positively (or negatively for that matter) actually affects reality in a direct manner? Or do you think thinking positively only raises your confidence level which gives you strength to do the things you might not normally do? I guess either way, it is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome.

That's a really good question, and I have to be honest... I'm not really sure. I'm toying with these questions and trying to figure them out. I think that you're right though, no matter what, it's still a good thing. I wish I had a better answer for how I feel, but I'm just learning and trying to figure it all out.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fear_the_Sheeple
Alright, breaking out my first post here!

I read this thread and knew I had to suck it up and jump out of lurkdom, because this applies so much to what I believe. Although I have read many different theories in the past, the recent viewing of this movie has brought them back into my present life. I have been trying to apply these theories and jumble them together to make sense of everything. This particularly stood out to me:

It **IS** the 'REAL' world???? I'm afraid it's whatever you choose it to be...

I believe "real" is what you make of it, and if you think that you need to fit in with what society believes is normal, then that is by your own accord. People can exist succesfully in a life that doesn't fit what one refers to as "The Real World". Taking a chance at living your own reality is risky and scary, but you will be a million times happier when you realize you don't have to live the way you thought you did.

Sorry if this rambling doesn't make sense, I'm in a rush and should have realized that organizing my thoughts would take longer than I thought! Eek!

*Great Thread, I look forward to reading more!*

We all ramble when trying to share the blissful feeling of REAL reality..

You are exactly right,... ever since before highschool for me I've been telling people, that I don't feel like doing "that", So I'm not going to... my parents/friends/teachers... Sure its things no one likes doing, i.e. homework, certain chores whatever... you could say I'm lazy, but that wouldn't be a correct statement.. sure I'm lazy when it comes to things people think I should be doing when they feel I should be doing them... It's not that I don't do those things... its just that I do them when I feel I want to, not when someone else decides I'm ready. I choose when I did homework (and my teacher became fine with that) I did chores that I felt were necessary and left the others to someone else to do.. (that became fine with my parents) with friends its different, because you're supposed to share similiar interests.. But honestly no two people are alike identically..

My point is, a lot of people have problems because they're stuck doing everything everyone else THINKS is good for themselves(you) ... so really you're stuck living someone elses life through yours... ... i.e. working for taxes, doing homework for teachers, perhaps cleaning something you don't view as a problem... theres tonnes of better examples... What I'm trying to tell you is, IT IS NOT BAD to say No to people and to do what you feel like... and DO NOT feel bad for "letting" people down... as long as you're not letting yourself down, and another thing.. DON'T listen to people telling you HOW their ideas are beneficial for you... if they were beneficial for you, you would have already thought of it, we are creatures of necessity, meaning we eat when we're hungry, drink when we're thirsty,
we figure out for ourselves what is best for us (in nature) here in our society we let people tell us what is best... a job with a union and health insurance, dental insurance, societally educated children, brand-name clothing and food, an overly extravegant house, perhaps a maid/slave ... "friends", jewelry, a car, Identification.... We didn't create ANY of these things ourselves(singular) even our friends were fabricated through our appearance, social setting and educational system. WAKE UP EVERYONE be yourself... make the inside of you (your true thoughts and feelings) like the outside (what you say and do and feel)...
Sorry for rambling...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join