It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Please consider the following scenario:

One month from now a massive interstellar craft seemingly appears out of nowhere and settles into orbit around earth. The fact is undeniable; pictures and video of the huge craft spread to all corners of the globe through the media and the internet.

Within hours of it's arrival, the craft begins transmitting basic mathematical equations using simple radio frequencies. Scientists on earth assume this an attempt to communication and begin transmitting equations back to the craft.

A week has gone by, yet, no real communication has been established. Unexpectedly, hundreds of small ships emerge from the huge craft and begin flying low over all the countries of the earth. They are not attacking in any way, but are simply flying all over the globe.

What would happen next?

Would some country scramble jets to intercept the small ships simply because they were invading their airspace and risk war with these obviously advanced aliens?

Or, would everyone just sit around and wait to see if some form of communication is eventually established?

Taking this a step further, what would you do if you were the leader of your country?

I know this sounds like the move Independence Day, but while considering these questions remember that these aliens have committed no acts of violence.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, there is and always will be countries that dont think twice and probably shoot one of the alien ships down. Ok, # happens but would the aliens then attack all over the world or would they understand that their is different worldleaders that do what they want? I guess the aliens then would attack global.
I could just think of what presidents that would try to get one down!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
IMO,Aliens do not exist.

But to answer this post,I would beam Bush and Blair up so they can do their genetic experiments and leave us alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

What would happen next?

Defcon 4 baby....

Everything would be ready to go, fighters would be in the air (but just flying, just as the alien ships are doing)...subs ready, silos ready, bombers in the air, the whole deal...all the while, continuing to establish communication...and see what their true intentions are...

In ID4, this was pretty much the deal, but then the aliens attacked first, thus revealing their intentions... Technically, one could argue that by taking over the satellites or knocking them out, they already committed the act of war and revealed their intentions...but that movie had plot holes big enough to drive a Mac truck through, so we don't need to go there....

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Aliens appear and make thier presence known...
should they turn out to be hostile...
give me a gun, plane, missle launcher... anything..I'd fight 'em...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
keep the military at the highest alert levels and just sit it out. i would want to be prepared if they did want to start some #.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
KrazyIvan your Avatar is hilarious

You would actually be surprised in what kind of tech. the US government would pull out in this type of scenario

-Dagger

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
then they would leave in peace...
if we lived by the weapon then wed die by it as well...

bush and blair are not "true" representatives of this planet...

and "they will come in the night like thieves" to take back those beings who were not appreciated by most savage minded human beings...
i mean men are more the beast than what propaganda attempts to portray aliens as...
i think we have been attempting to give them a bad rap on purpose for just such an event...
those few elite in power would be scared #less that there are actually beings who are advanced and peacefull with the ability to completly decimate all aggressors...
in conclusion live by the weapon die by it...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'd be standing on the roof of my house ripping off 12-gauge solids at the little feckers like they were going outa fashion...

...paybacks a b**ch...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Do what you will humans, all of your efforts will be futile! HAHAHAHHA!

But seriously, if they really wanted to conquer us there would likely not be anything we do to stop them. Best thing you could do would be to learn their language and be good citizens of the galactic empire. Maybe that way you'll get to ride on their ships or something.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You set up the required Defences for what may be a possible attack. Attempt contact constantly. Monitor all defences, communications, etc. for a hostile move on their part. Set up a big and obvious welcome mat and red carpet for em'. Then as they change their possible offences, you shadow with propper defences. Make sure (as best you can) they see that they're welcome to drop by, but they must also play nice too!!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I would welcome them and make sure they had plenty of food and that there reason for bieng was not to eat me.
Then I would have them over for coffee and watch movies.

Then get some rest and maybe the next day take them to disneyworld and knots berry farm in California.
I would also ask them if they had any books to read about there culture and I would give them some of ours to read like Men are from Mars Woman are from Venus.
The day would be endless as we could just sit a talk about the universe and the goings on maybe smoke a couple of bowls..

Mark

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Markos, you're absolutely right. That's be fun, feed them crunch berries, watch movies, play games, then laugh at what people thought they'd look like. All the while giving them thousands of diseases.... but it'd be a jolly good time before their skin started to shrivel as a slug under salt and they had seizures and convulsions from the games we played... WHAT A BLAST!

But if they were malicious, gimme a shotgun and I'll start poppin heads... I always wondered what it would be like to shoot a grey in the face, it would just bounce around like when you hit a balloon.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The best way for aliens to take over this planet would be through infiltration, and I believe they've already done that, so with that in mind, I'd be curious to who the newcomeers were. Would they be the rest of the aliens coming down to invade after the entire military might of the planet is under their control, or would it be another, different race?

Basically, I don't know what I'd do, probably hide.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Be standing up there with alien....blastin' away...takin out as many as I could!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Be standing up there with alien....blastin' away...takin out as many as I could!

...I'll make sure to have a good supply of beers, Beam and bullets then...

...dunno about you, but if any UFO is gonna circle back around and vapourise me with some energy weapon, then I'm planning on going out with a 'buzz' on...

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
1 Particle weapons would be fired at it before it attained
orbit
2 Were already chasing the "Little craft " every day
3 I sleep with a AK and a wakasashi at hand
[it hasnt helped]
4 They can still grab my azz whenever the want
[Were at their mercy ..always have been]
5 Ya think thats why the GoV wont tell us the truth ????
6 Only the threat of nuclear suicide keeps us Free

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If they invaded this planet wouldn't stand a chance. Their techonology would be far more advanced than ours. Pissing them off would not be the way to go. I am sure they have far more advanced weapons than nuclear arms, but even if that is what they have, they could hang out around the moon somewhere and launch their nukes at us. We would all be vaporized while they sit safely out of range.

Who is to say they would have any mercy on us. Kinda like when I was younger and went a little too close to a bees nest. Just curious at first, i didn't mean any harm, but then one of them went and stung me. # that #, now that hive is toast. Got a cup of gasoline and torched that sun of a bitch. I didn't care if I destroyed their little civilization, it meant nothing to me, and it attacked me, so I wiped it out.

Just like we would mean nothing to alien races that came here, probably a good idea to not incur their wrath.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I reckon that if they come in peace they should leave in pieces.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
after all that trouble to get to our little dismal planet...you really think they'd just leave?? oh wait...attaining warp speed's possible, my bad

i own a .44, would i be poppin' away like i'm irish??

lol...no, it'd probably be worse, im ukranian

demonstration:"eh!!! boris!!got me another fecker.."

seriously now

it's pointless messing with the uknown, we must always greet warmly at first, find out what they've got under the hood....
if we dont like 'em, smoke 'em

top topics

join