It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass dome on the Moon??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Taken an hour after local sunset, this remarkable Surveyor shot shows a luminous "grid" and highly mysterious "brilliant beads of light" strung out along a supposedly airless lunar horizon, in an area of the Moon where (we now know) much of this same anomalous structure has been independently photographed from overhead by both the unmanned Lunar Orbiter and subsequent manned Apollo missions.

The image explicitly shows a tilted, glass-like, elevated geometric structure, a structure obviously back-lit by scattered sunlight coming from below (and beyond) the visible horizon.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

www.lunaranomalies.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well.. it's not even a dome, increase the brightness and you'll see, if it's anything, it looks pyramid shaped.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
yea, that's really weird.
Are there other pictures taken of that?

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
sorry - but in such a grainy photograph - and i thought they were using 1600 Kodachrome on the BW Hassleblads on the missions I can honestly see nothing but light flare from the camera lense - if you can point me to a better source then I would be much happier.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
...other posters right, doesn't appear to be a dome of the likes we picture but it is at a strange angle. Maybe the helium3 mining ops? Maybe Siriusians living in the moon, like in Iapetus, Phoebe and Dione of Saturn?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Surveyor 6, November 1967

One of seven photographs published in NASA Technical Report 32-1262 (NAS7-100), entitled: Surveyor 6 Mission Report, part III. television data; published by JPL at Cal. Tech., August 15, 1968. View angle of photograph west from western part of Sinus Medii, showing refraction of intense light from Sun (beads are image of photosphere) by surface material on horizon.

Source:
www.totse.com...

Surveyor 6 mission report. Part 3 - Television data

Author(s): Bird, T. H.; Smokler, M. I.; Smyth, D. L.
Abstract: Photographs and mosaics of lunar surface obtained from Surveyor 6
NASA Center: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Publication Year: 1968
Added to NTRS: 2007-03-06
Accession Number: 69N12005; Document ID: 19690002674; Report Number: JPL-TR-32-1262-PT-3, NASA-CR-97769

Source:
/2ddrvr

Mike, this could help in order to track back the original pic (if available) from some official source

[edit on 20/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Before I jump off the edge of absurdity and make a fool of myself, I would want to see the original photo, un-cropped, and not sourced from a sight that specializes in seeing "lunar anomalies"

Why don't you follow up on this and find the original before proclaiming it is something it isn't?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
i agree it looks much more like a pyramid

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

As always good work internos.

That report does not seem to bee available for free but you can order it from here.

ntrs.nasa.gov...

Any takers ?

top topics

join