It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martians

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
"A bit more barrel chested"? Are you kidding?

I can see where this thread is going already.

I know what your saying, barrel chested indeed, i'm a martian, and my chest is fine thank you! ok my 6 fingers may look odd, but they are very usefull, anyway my Grandparents moved from Mars to the little planet next door, but it was destroyed by the Anunnaki, so they skipped back to mars, and got the next DC8 to the moon, then earth,

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe you didn't pick up the request here? No ridiculing. So keep quiet if that's all you have to say here. We've all got the right to give our opinion. But not the way you people do it.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Its only human to want to believe that you have 'free choice', 'free will'. And you can as long as you are generally going along with the 'program'. If you are not headed in the 'right' direction things will become difficult, money will not flow, doors will close, but if you are heading in the 'right' direction, doors will open, money will flow, life will be easy. The 'electronic' signal of your soul radiates to the farthest reaches of the universe. Some alien somewhere knows (1) who you are (2) where you are (3) what you are supposed to be doing (4) what you are really doing). That alien is there hammer you in the 'right' direction. Of course, some call the alien GOD. But that alien would smile because he also has some friggin' master sergeant to report to.

John, your view on this is very interesting. I think it would be wise for everyone to be openminded about different possibilites regarding the true nature of this reality.

I would like to draw your attention to an alternate (although completely cmpatible with your view) hypothesis regarding this reality which has quite a bit of academic exploration behind it. That hypothesis is essentially that we may be living in a simulation (ala The Matrix). The essential philisophical argument is simple: If it can be true that a civilization can acquire computer technology at a level of performance that is capable of simulating reality (and all that is truly neccessary is a subjective simulation for an individual or sets of individuals [e.g. it is not neccessary to have a complete perfect-physics simulation]), then it can be argued that the shear number of such simulations which would be run would skew the odds of existing in a non-simulated reality to approximately zero. In other words, for each true reality, there would come to exist so many simulated realities that the odds of finding yourself in the true reality are approximately zero.

Given such a scenario, then, it could be argued that over a long enough period of time, inhabitants of the true reality would eventually migrate their existance into a virtual reality where physical bodies are no longer required and time is endless. The essence of each individual would be what we call soul or spirit. In such an infinite environment, individuals would do unbelievable things such as creating entire universes as playgrounds just to pass the time or creating worlds (simulations) to give birth to new souls and whatnot. Such an existance might be called Heaven or the Omega Point and worlds such as Earth could very well exist for the nurturing and birthing of new souls to fill Heaven.

But the salient point of such a reality explanation is that it would be trivial for those outside of any particular simulation to enter and interact within said simulation. So, for example, the caretakers of Earth (if we assume earth is such a place) could enter and exit at will, could take any form they wish, would have full knowledge of all events (including private thoughts of individuals within the simulation) and would be as gods. It would be completely at such entities whims how they manifest themselves, whether as normal people, angels or aliens. Depends on what they want to do.

Of particular relevance to your post is this: The caretakers may very well want to stear individual souls through a pre-determined path and could theoretically apply pressure to urge individuals to "go with the program". To any effected individual this may seem bizarre - events that are unexplainable - as if the NSA is working you or reality or your own sanity is failing you.

As a last note, in such a simulation, there could be many reasons for dropping in and throwing the blindfolds on. From spiritual growth all the way to entertainment. The sky is the limit for why you may be here.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
Maybe you didn't pick up the request here? No ridiculing. So keep quiet if that's all you have to say here. We've all got the right to give our opinion. But not the way you people do it.

I'm not ridiculing, i'm telling you what i believe to be true.......

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Then I apologize for my rudeness. Just keep in mind that if you ridicule somebody, it's not too far fetched they'll do the same to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thank you for a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon read. The topic's interesting, but the glimpse into your life has been truly fascinating - some rich history, remarkable achievements and oddball characters. I was a little saddened to read that you don't fly anymore and i sense a far more interesting but personal story there.

I'm betting it would be quite a memorable experience to share some stories and a case of beer with you.

Good luck in everything you do.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Thanks for your speculation Darkmind and other than the size of Mars, thats all it is: speculation. And that speculation is based on information from NASA or is otherwise government influenced.

My speculation is based on insider information.

Who are you going to believe, a government entity or an insider?

Until you Darkmind, or I, stand in the middle of Tithonia or Cydonia, our personal speculation is just that.

Hang on a minute. If you say that there's a shield around Mars, how do you know that Cydonia even exists? Shouldn't that be shielded as well?
And as for Venus... same point. A spectroscope will tell you that its' atmosphere is far too noxious, while the fate of all those Soviet probes should tell you what life there is like. Hot and squashed.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corpus Callosum
John, your view on this is very interesting. I think it would be wise for everyone to be openminded about different possibilites regarding the true nature of this reality.

I would like to draw your attention to an alternate (although completely cmpatible with your view) hypothesis regarding this reality which has quite a bit of academic exploration behind it. That hypothesis is essentially that we may be living in a simulation (ala The Matrix). The essential philisophical argument is simple: If it can be true that a civilization can acquire computer technology at a level of performance that is capable of simulating reality (and all that is truly neccessary is a subjective simulation for an individual or sets of individuals [e.g. it is not neccessary to have a complete perfect-physics simulation]), then it can be argued that the shear number of such simulations which would be run would skew the odds of existing in a non-simulated reality to approximately zero. In other words, for each true reality, there would come to exist so many simulated realities that the odds of finding yourself in the true reality are approximately zero.

Given such a scenario, then, it could be argued that over a long enough period of time, inhabitants of the true reality would eventually migrate their existance into a virtual reality where physical bodies are no longer required and time is endless. The essence of each individual would be what we call soul or spirit. In such an infinite environment, individuals would do unbelievable things such as creating entire universes as playgrounds just to pass the time or creating worlds (simulations) to give birth to new souls and whatnot. Such an existance might be called Heaven or the Omega Point and worlds such as Earth could very well exist for the nurturing and birthing of new souls to fill Heaven.

But the salient point of such a reality explanation is that it would be trivial for those outside of any particular simulation to enter and interact within said simulation. So, for example, the caretakers of Earth (if we assume earth is such a place) could enter and exit at will, could take any form they wish, would have full knowledge of all events (including private thoughts of individuals within the simulation) and would be as gods. It would be completely at such entities whims how they manifest themselves, whether as normal people, angels or aliens. Depends on what they want to do.

Of particular relevance to your post is this: The caretakers may very well want to stear individual souls through a pre-determined path and could theoretically apply pressure to urge individuals to "go with the program". To any effected individual this may seem bizarre - events that are unexplainable - as if the NSA is working you or reality or your own sanity is failing you.

As a last note, in such a simulation, there could be many reasons for dropping in and throwing the blindfolds on. From spiritual growth all the way to entertainment. The sky is the limit for why you may be here.

In a more primitive form, it is not unlike how we appear on the WWW. We choose avatars, dialogue and when/where we appear next. In essence we control how others will view and perceive us. Many of us also feel as though we are in control of all we interact with simply due to the fact that we can manipulate, come/go or even shut it all down.

Relatively speaking, the WWW could be viewed as a rudimentary Caretaker 101.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Originally posted by Corpus Callosum

This is exactly what I think is going on.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe]

Thank you for a very enjoyable Sunday afternoon read. The topic's interesting, but the glimpse into your life has been truly fascinating - some rich history, remarkable achievements and oddball characters. I was a little saddened to read that you don't fly anymore and i sense a far more interesting but personal story there.

I'm betting it would be quite a memorable experience to share some stories and a case of beer with you.

Actually a bottle of Courvoisier XO and a couple of Cohibas (Esplendido) will do for me.

Thanks for your very gracious comments.

john

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Originally posted by smallpeeps

Mr Lear, do you have anything to say about the sophistication of the aliens' ability to fake photographic imagery or digital telemetry? How did they make the pictures of venus look so real?

Thanks for the comments smallpeeps. I think you may be confusing as to who is faking what. When you say "How did they make Venus look so real?" I assume you haven't been to Venus so why do you think it is so real? In the April 1995 issue of Astronomy magazine on page 92 there is a review of Venus Explorer (Virtual Reality), a CD of pictures of the surface of Venus. Never mind that the pictures where all fabricated by NASA to get you to think that Venus is a molten planet. Whats interesting in this review is the paragraph which reads, "The display automatically shows the surface features in the yellow and orange tones that have become standard for images of Venus." Really? Why are yellow and orange the standard? Because they reinforce the lie that Venus is molten?

Also, how does NASA effect its coverup internally?

I don't know how it works. But the results are excellent. I doubt if the public is given more than 1 percent of 'real' information about anything by NASA. Probably not even that much. But the general believes 100 percent of what NASA says hook, line and sinker.

Is there a "Shadow NASA" working astride the public NASA?

Probably, just like the Shadow US Government working astride those guys we elected.

If a hundred laptops from NASA were lost/stolen, what are the chances of REAL venusian imagery being on one of them, for example?

None. Pictures of that sort are not kept on laptops (my opinion). Those pictures are way too secret.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the comments smallpeeps. I think you may be confusing as to who is faking what. When you say "How did they make Venus look so real?" I assume you haven't been to Venus so why do you think it is so real?

Well I saw this picture on wikipedia under "Venus" and I'm not sure if it's a camera from some probe or an artists rendering or maybe color-faked imagery?

en.wikipedia.org...:Mgn_p39146.png

Is this the sort of photographic fakery you were talking about? To make Venus look molten? And this is designed to make us put Venus out of our minds? Very interesting. I'm not sure why this would be so secret. I guess it would destroy "God" but people whould still believe in a creator, so I think disclosure of this truth could be accepted by humans, don't you?

Probably, just like the Shadow US Government working astride those guys we elected.

Would you be able to comment on what elected politicians are at the top of the "clued in" list regarding the shadow government? Like is Dick Cheney party to higher disclosure than say, Donald Rumsfeld or Margret Thatcher?

Thanks!

[BTW, what's with the bogus tags on this thread? It's been established that this is the real John Lear, so please, tag properly people...]

[edit on 26-6-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Originally posted by smallpeeps

Well I saw this picture on wikipedia under "Venus" and I'm not sure if it's a camera from some probe or an artists rendering or maybe color-faked imagery?

All of those.

Is this the sort of photographic fakery you were talking about?

Yes.

make Venus look molten?

Yes.

And this is designed to make us put Venus out of our minds?

No. To eliminate the thought that there might be people just like us on Venus.

I'm not sure why this would be so secret.

We are not ready for contact with a civilization that is much more advanced than us. First we have to conquer those raghead terrorists.

I think disclosure of this truth could be accepted by humans, don't you?

It depends on how much of the truth you were going to disclose. A small amount of truth might be accepted by a very small percentage of the human race. Any more truth is going to have people socially and mentally disoriented and throwing up for the rest of their lives.

Best we wait for a few generations before we spill the beans.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Raiden_
Me and a friend of mine were discussing aliens a couple weeks back and he said he heard a theory that what if there really were aliens on Mars but they had some sort of "shield" over the planet so we would see nothing except craters and mountains and what if what we saw on TV about the different rovers was actually not real but the aliens manipulating our television waves...I don't know sounds like an interesting idea what do you all think?

Planet Earth is surrouded with electromagnetic field like Mars.
And we cannot travel traditionally outside this magnetic field, unless we isolate and change the frequency of the magnetic field arround the spaceship. Is some sort of time travelling and it is the only way we can get to other places.
The Universe is fabric of Time and Space. Think about that "Relativity Theory"!

On Mars is a different Frequency....
The same with Venus... Hope u understand

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Please confine your Lear worship to a thread that is relevant. Maybe the Guest Speaker Forum.
I invite Mr. Lear to start his own thread wherein various gullible like minded souls can speculate on whatever improbable or impossible scenarios they like.
This thread is not about John Lear. Stop trying to hijack it.
Wait. Let me start a thread about John Lear. This should be fun.

Is there a grownup there with you? Could the lil' cowpoke's mom please come to the screen?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
This thread is not about John Lear. Stop trying to hijack it.

Cowboy, wouldn't you like to actually contribute something to ATS? If you try hard, I am sure you can do it.

So far, all I see you doing is stalking one user (sleeper) and disputing whatever he posts. Now I guess we can make it two users you are harrassing here at ATS?

Here's a quick update for ya: Nobody needs you to protect us from information, either true or false. Okay? We do not need your help figuring out what's real or unreal.

Anyway, this thread is about Martians, and what John Lear is saying is relevant so please do try to conribute some information or (preferably) just stop posting altogether. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, MY OPINION is that everybody has opinions. I think it would be nice to think that we have our own stalwart band of Space Rangers flying around the Solar System interacting with races from Venus and Mars and wherever. It does have a kind of fun, Buck Rogers feel to it. And 600 million people on Mars.

But I think an organization of the scope necessary to both make it happen and cover it up, would be simply too big to keep secret for very long. There are logistical concerns. Food and shelter and mail and simple things like that require large networks to make them happen. I find it difficult to imagine that all of this activity could be happening under our noses while we go on about our daily business completely unaware. Something that size just can't exist in a social vacuum. People have to lug boxes. People have to ship toilet paper. People have to write and sign contracts. And to think that all of this stuff can happen without people blabbing about it, or leaking out a postcard from Cydonia, or whatever, just pushes the probability envelope past the breaking point.

That's why I think everybody has an opinion. Some "insider" information may have some weight to it, while other information might just be somebody else's opinion, gotten from somebody else with an opinion, gotten from somebody else who is just making up stories to cover up real, down-to-earth happenings that maybe aren't so pleasant (or legal). As with many things like this, the story gets "truer" the more it gets passed along. Maybe the guy who told John this stuff about Mars absolutely believed it to be true. I remember a guy once telling me he knew for certain what happened to Jimmy Hoffa. I believed he believed it. But that doesn't make it any more true.

So you'll just have to forgive me for lumping all of this Martian stuff into the "Fanciful Story with No Verifiable Evidence" pile. At the end of the day, we all have to make our own decisions about what to believe and what not to believe, based on what we consider to be the reliability of the source. And in this case, I just don't buy it. I can certainly be swayed with additional evidence, and can change my mind. I won't feel sorry or stupid if that should happen. What else can I do? But at the moment, I just think it's a bit too much.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
John,

Here I go off subject a little but I was wondering if you were familliar with carbon nano tubes and the space ladder/elevator projects? If so, have you seen these nanotubes in any tests performed? Or, do you believe there is a space elevator already functioning?

The sheer strength of these nanotubes makes me wonder when they will be employed in mainstream construction or for industrial/commercial purposes.

Sorry everyone, I just thought John may have some seen something like this.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
John, do you have any info or inside knowledge on the veracity of the Mountauk Project with Preston Nichols, Duncan Cameron, and Al Bielek? Any info on the Alien Interview footage?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Originally posted by wangho

John, do you have any info or inside knowledge on the veracity of the Mountauk Project with Preston Nichols, Duncan Cameron, and Al Bielek? Any info on the Alien Interview footage?

I've listened to their story. Its hard to believe. But thats what they say about Lazar and I believe Lazar hook, line and sinker. Please refresh my memory as to which alien interview footage you are talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join