It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martians

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Mr Lear,
This may be off topic but can you tell me why we have a space station and why it has been out there for so long?
Do you know what they are doing there?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Mr Lear,
This may be off topic but can you tell me why we have a space station and why it has been out there for so long?
Do you know what they are doing there?

The space station, like the shuttle, like the space lab, like Mercury, Gemini and Apollo are to keep the publics attention away from whats really going on in space. And I've mentioned whats really going on so many times that I am getting dizzy.

What are they doing in the space station? Trying to keep it from falling apart.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
What are they doing in the space station? Trying to keep it from falling apart.

I emailed NASA once requesting that they take one of the cameras that is attached to the outside of the space station and aim it off into space at the same time everyday and let the public see it on the NASA channel on cable.. of course no reply.

Same as when I emailed NASA asking what these strange things are that I am finding on Mars in the images that the rovers sent back to Earth. No reply.

I didn't think I would get a reply.. but it was worth a shot. They have those cameras why not let the public use them?

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Raiden_
Me and a friend of mine were discussing aliens a couple weeks back and he said he heard a theory that what if there really were aliens on Mars but they had some sort of "shield" over the planet so we would see nothing except craters and mountains and what if what we saw on TV about the different rovers was actually not real but the aliens manipulating our television waves...I don't know sounds like an interesting idea what do you all think?

Getting back onto the topic -

I have long felt that "if" aliens are visiting this planet and indeed this solar system, they are quite clearly more evolved technologically than we.

As for Bases on Mars, covered by an actual "shield" that when viewed emits an image other than what is actually below...

Umm...humans do this for entertainment - hologramatic images being the most obvious (although they are translucent I suppose against a specially treated surface they might appear more opaque).

Our own advancements with LCD and plasma and Laser can attest to the wonders of projecting images - so it's an interesting theory you pose.

If there are activities on the surface or below the surface of Mars that need to be kept from view, I don't imagine there would be much of an issue for an advanced race or races to construct a "screen" and project some sort of false image upon it.

Yes Mars is roughly the same size as Earth, but lets assume that these are people who have no real labour issues, and no trouble finding, making or generating resources to create such a thing.

Taking a chunk outta David's "The case for the NASA videos..." if those were UFOs (i mean what else "could" they logically be?) they are in some cases 3 miles in diameter - 3 miles!! And there weren't just a couple of large UFOs in those NASA tether clips either...there were possibly 1-200 of the suckers of varying sizes and unknown numbers of "personnel" or "crew"...

Toss in a few other visiting races with similar or equivalent technology and modes of transport - equivalent intelligences and access to resources...and a Mars "shield" is not really so far fetched.

The spot where my leg hits the ground by the way is in the "there are definintely UFOs" camp...now I'm going back onto my fence to continue to watch.

BTW I also commend(ed) Longhaircowboy on his efforts. I also voted him Way above
for his efforts on this thread and in general. Not a fan...just an admirer of intestinal fortitude and intelligent disagreements.

Raiden, I hope that you continue to post on your theory, I do foind it quite interesting! I'd like to know what and how you and your friend concluded as to the theory - what kind of tech do you think could accomplish such a thing (something in human terms for comparison is always a good start
)

Anyway - not to dismiss JL's postings but the thread seemed to get a bit - off topic and oddly wasn't reigned in *wags her finger*.

I have been following since the beginning and really would like to hear, as I'm sure Raiden would, other ideas about his query.

Heck with that kind of technology any planet we view in the solar system might be viewed fraudulently!

Ahhhh...like a Star Trek episode - I love the idea - a giant holodeck!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Mr. Lear,

I hope you aren't too "dizzy" or too far gone to proffer an opinion. I am, by nature, a fence sitter on many of the topics covered... I searched here, but may have missed your thoughts on "Alternative 3".

I was most fortunate to have been in Essex, England, watching TV the night that the show originally aired. And though it was later explained away as an April Fool's joke kind of thing, it, somehow, had a ring of truth to it. It came hard on the heels of a couple of seperate sightings that I had while living there in England.

It is one of the few things that ever really impacted my "hard nosed" attitude. So much so, that with the advent of the internet, I found and purchased both variations of the book, and eventually, a video copy of the original show.

I say all that to simply ask, what you think about the Alternative 3 thing?

If you already stated it in here, I apologize, because I didn't see it.

Thanks very much for your time and efforts. OH, and I like the Lear Jet.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A comment regarding the idea that there may be shields providing us with a "false" view of Mars. In order for these shields to serve a purpose, we would have to assume that there are some sort of operations taking place on the surface of Mars, as opposed to underground. Taking into consideration that the general consensus is that anything going on as far as operations on Mars would be taking place underground, what would the need be to cover the true surface of the planet? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Yes Mars is roughly the same size as Earth, but lets assume that these are people who have no real labour issues, and no trouble finding, making or generating resources to create such a thing.

Ummm, no, sorry. Mars is about a third smaller than Earth, which means that the gravity is weaker. Any Martian (!) would have trouble walking on Earth as it would have evolved on a much different planet. A martian would also NOT look like a human - it would have evolved to cope with very different evolutionary demands. It might be carbon-based and breathe nitrogen-oxygen, but that might be the only things we'd have in common.
What we have to bear in mind is the fact that every living creature evolves in response to certain set constraints and stimuli. Talking about Martians is wishful thinking - but then we've been doing this since the 'canals' of Mars were first 'spotted'.

Life might have started to emerge on Mars, but it's long since frozen or fossilised by now. Mars is a dead world.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind

Originally posted by justgeneric

Ummm, no, sorry. Mars is about a third smaller than Earth, which means that the gravity is weaker. Any Martian (!) would have trouble walking on Earth as it would have evolved on a much different planet. A martian would also NOT look like a human - it would have evolved to cope with very different evolutionary demands. It might be carbon-based and breathe nitrogen-oxygen, but that might be the only things we'd have in common.
What we have to bear in mind is the fact that every living creature evolves in response to certain set constraints and stimuli. Talking about Martians is wishful thinking - but then we've been doing this since the 'canals' of Mars were first 'spotted'.

Life might have started to emerge on Mars, but it's long since frozen or fossilised by now. Mars is a dead world.

Thank you!
That's what I've been trying to say. There is no point in talking about what the creatues on Mars might be doing because there are no creatures on Mars! The only thing that may be on Mars now is humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Thanks for your speculation Darkmind and other than the size of Mars, thats all it is: speculation. And that speculation is based on information from NASA or is otherwise government influenced.

My speculation is based on insider information.

Who are you going to believe, a government entity or an insider?

Until you Darkmind, or I, stand in the middle of Tithonia or Cydonia, our personal speculation is just that.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Astronauts living for weeks, even months in zero gravity are able to essentially flip a switch in their brain that causes them to function in both zero, and earth gravity. It's something that happens naturally, and has been observed in birds, spiders and humans. The difference in martian to earth gravity is a non-issue.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
*ahem* most sincere apologies
- Mars is not roughly the same size as earth - thanks for the correction
...speed reading gone awry

The OPs original post was a hypothetical situation and discussion and thus the theories, ideas and contemplation of mars activity is not senseless besides that IS what the OP asked for in this thread....not a definitive yes or no as to life on Mars...a what if discussion about the possibility that assuming there IS...

If there is activity below the surface of Mars, then at some point there has to be activity on the surface of Mars...with an audience they may well want to disguise it.

The thread has sort of mutated to something entirely different...

I doubt the thread will get back on track and to point out...the original OP didn't post after the initial post...ceased to be their thread or their topic...

Sooo...I'm done with the thread...irritated and disappointed really.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Ummm, no, sorry. Mars is about a third smaller than Earth, which means that the gravity is weaker.

Probably true, i must admit.

Any Martian (!) would have trouble walking on Earth as it would have evolved on a much different planet.

You should check out the evolutionary theory if you think this speculation is valid on the whole or even in general. Why did we have massive dinosaurs in all this gravity? Why do we still have elephants? Evolutionary 'development' is a rather odd thing and not much should be assumed about what is, or might be, possible.

A martian would also NOT look like a human - it would have evolved to cope with very different evolutionary demands.

Well a Martian might very well not look human unless we have a common origin which is supposed when people say they are human-like. Why should we not assume that our bodies are some kind of galactic standard as far as evolution / genetic seeding goes? We do not know and there is no reason to be dismissive.

It might be carbon-based and breathe nitrogen-oxygen, but that might be the only things we'd have in common.

It's a possibility....

What we have to bear in mind is the fact that every living creature evolves in response to certain set constraints and stimuli.

Not as much as you think... I used to think the same way but it turns out the evidence was never supportive.

Talking about Martians is wishful thinking - but then we've been doing this since the 'canals' of Mars were first 'spotted'.

They got more right than wrong with their early work detecting climate changes in different seasons and the likes.

We have very very strong evidence that 'life' did not only originate their long ago but that it persists to this day.

PARIS — Three-quarters of the 250 Mars science experts meeting to analyze the results from U.S. and European Mars probes believe life could have existed on Mars in the past, and 25 percent think life could be there even now, according to a poll released Feb. 25.

The poll was announced during a press briefing following the First Mars Express Conference, held Feb. 21-25 at the European Space Agency’s Estec technology center in Noordwijk, Netherlands.

Quarter of Mars Scientists at European Meeting Believe Life Possible on Red Planet

You have a minority view and if you studied this topic as you could have you would realise that what these scientist admit to is still very conservative considering the evidence. If one looks at the way the science communities denies reality till the last one can only speculate about how large their mistake/oversight/lies were this time round.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm not going to get into all the points stellar but believe it or not there are a few things we do agree on based upon your last post.

One thing I would like to point out is that we humans are a hearty bunch and many people have dealt with unbelievable extremes in environment. This being said, if there were intelligent life forms on Mars, I don't think it unbelievable for them to be very similar to us. Especially if they lived underground. We already know that temps are much more stable underground and I'm sure the deeper in they would go the warmer it would be. Heck, you could even pipe in sunlight and use it as not only a source of heat but to grow plants. Of course these plants would provide oxygen as well being natural air filters and a food source.

However, this still does not mean I am biting. I prefer to stay on the fence.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed the Highlander movies. My guess would be something along the lines of the shield Duncan created. I propose it would serve a dual purpose since the huge power demand would need to be justified. Containment of the atmosphere and a sort of camoflage from space. And maybe a third function as a shield against planet bound objects.
I don't know. May be a bit far fetched but I think the OP was lookin for somethin along those lines.
I haven't really done much research in regards to us being on Mars but I haven't seen anything that rules it out. However(you knew that was coming didja?) I haven't seen any evidence of us being technologically able to accomplish what the OP suggests(the shield idea). Check my Black Project Patent thread and see if that technology does anything for ya. Doesn't give much hope.
cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
To JohnLear,

Ok your opinion is that humans are on the earth to be farmed and have their souls harvested. Thats fine but whats the deal with all the animals and insects, are worms on this planet to have their souls harvested? Why are animals here, it must be for some other reason, I dont know if an ET would have much use for an ants soul for example.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Thanks for your speculation Darkmind and other than the size of Mars, thats all it is: speculation. And that speculation is based on information from NASA or is otherwise government influenced.

My speculation is based on insider information.

Who are you going to believe, a government entity or an insider?

Until you Darkmind, or I, stand in the middle of Tithonia or Cydonia, our personal speculation is just that.

Human observers have been looking at Mars for millennia. It's been red all that time, which means that it's been dusty and arid all that time. When I say millennia, I mean just that - the Babylonians observed it, as did the Chinese, more than 4000 years ago. That's a long time for any so-called 'shield' to be in place to hide the real Mars. Given the fact that at the time the most powerful weapon was the iron-tipped spear, why would any 'Martians' fear us enough to put a shield in place?
This is what my fiancee calls candyfloss speculation. It looks like more than it is, in my humble opinion. Mars is small and red. Generations of astonomers have looked up at it, and it's still been small and red. Galileo could see that it's small and red with the first real telescope. There is no government entity involved here, it's basic observational science. I can go out tomorrow into my back yard and point my telescope at it, and it's still going to be small and red and arid.
Moreover, you can point a spectroscope at Mars and it's still going to read 95% CO2 with small amounts of Nitrogen and Argon, with about 0.13% Oxygen. There's no water vapour there. Ergo there is no human life there. (At the moment, yes, although there is this mysterious trace of Methane in the atmosphere that might be the by-product of bacteria.)
As for your unidentified insider, I've never met the man, so I can't comment on that part.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Oh and Martian gravity is 38% that of earth's - the place CAN'T hold an atmosphere like Earth's, as it would just bleed away into space. Our atmosphere is held in place by a combination of gravity and atmospheric renewal (all those volcanoes are good for something after all).

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Oh and Martian gravity is 38% that of earth's - the place CAN'T hold an atmosphere like Earth's, as it would just bleed away into space. Our atmosphere is held in place by a combination of gravity and atmospheric renewal (all those volcanoes are good for something after all).

With all due respect, Darkmind, since you or I haven't been to Mars you are taking second hand information on what the gravity is there. If you are getting your information from NASA then I would question its truthfulness. I believe the gravity on Mars is much more than 38% but since I haven't actually been there I am as truly ignorant as you about the actual gravity on Mars.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
are martian differant from aliens?

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarthealienhunter
are martian differant from aliens?

In the respect that they are on a planet different from earth they are 'alien', that is, 'alien' to earth. But in respect to how they look, it is my opinion/infomration that they look almost identical to humans. Just as people from Venus look almost identical to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join