It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Ways to Come Out Of The Closet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Not a serious one of course, more a comment on how many 'gay this and gay that' threads there are around the net in general.

So let the list begin -

Have a closet handy at all times so you can leap forth from it

On a talkshow

At any public filmed event

In an obscure bit of graffiti that no-one will ever read and if they do then it won't come back to you anyway

Like the Kids in the Hall sketch - by hiring a dance troupe to parade down a high street with you while you announce it

Telepathicly only

Just prior to accepting an extreme-right-wing post for some macho employer

Just prior to turning down an extreme-left-wing post for some pinko employer

Upon the birth of your fourth child, to your wife

Just after the lion and then the witch have left the closet

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If I were gay and was going to come out, I'd do the Cruise. Jump up and down on Oprah's couch, screaming out for all the world to hear. His method was stellar and nobody really believes the Katie Holmes b.s. anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I thought he didn't come out, going by what hundreds of internet stuff says anyway they all think he's gay and should come out but as usual have no evidence at all and just like spreading stories. Thanks for ruining my fun thread with bitchiness and making it personal about a specific person.
:shk:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed 209
Thanks for ruining my fun thread with bitchiness and making it personal about a specific person.

touchy touchy.

I simply added some additional comedy. Bitchiness? Are you outing me?

Might want to add that to the list

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well Isaac Hayes left South Park over that kind of rubbish, and I can fully understand why despite it being such a funny show.

:bnghd: - is what I should have posted before

[edit on 15-6-2006 by ed 209]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Cant we all just get along?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
no, Isaace Hayes claims he left South Park because he found the mocking of scientology to be unkind. The whole mocking of Jesus, Allah, Jews, Handicapped, Blacks, Asians, Women, Men, Aliens, Cows, Chickens, Holidays, Air, Dirt, Water and everything else under the sun (mocked too) was ok but don't you be saying things about the CoS.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I tend to agree with Gear on this one!

Cant we all just get along?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Funny, I saw that exact load of garbage word-for-word written about Hayes at an awful website dedicated to bitching about other people's private lives.

The Crusie-bashers are only doing it because he is also a Scientologist. There's a ton of actually dangerous religions out there, why pick on that one - because some of it allegedly sounds wacky? (according to some anti-Scientology sites, not that I've read that about it from the source of it). I probably wouldn't care about whatever the epsiode said about it saying that, and probably would have laughed at the other stuff too - but it's not the same reading it coming from someones you don't know as it is when some TV show or comedian does it as part of their job.

B I G difference.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
aren't we?

all 4 of us in the outing thread, having a gay all time, no?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If I where to come out again. I would but banners all over our van, saying Iam gay!
I then would get a loud speaker while driveing up and down the road screaming I
am GAY!! I am GAY!
www.historictelephones.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I college, in the freshmen dorm, there was a guy I'll call Jack. Everybody in the dorm got a nickname. Something disgusting or assinine, or whatever pushed your buttons. We used to give jack a hard time because he was always very carefully dressed. In all honesty, we were jealous of the attention he got from the ladies . . .

Anyway, we never meant any harm. So, for the Halloween dance, he showed up in a wedding dress with a cathedral-length train and a dozen red roses for a bouqet. His groom had a boom box playing "I'm coming out--I want the world to know!"

We were all horrified, and we all spent the rest of the year apologizing whenever we saw him: "Dude. We had no idea; if we had thought you really were gay, we have never said a . . . well, you know. We only made jokes because we assumed they were . . . jokes. Oh, never mind, Jack." He just laughed and always said, "I'm not the ONLY ONE, you know. Just the "BRAVE ONE."

I'd probably come out at a Karaoke contest. "Halleluiah, it's raining men" or something like that. Maybe a Barbra Streisand number, or a Celine Dion or something.

Oh, here it is, "Man I feel like a Woman!"

Good times. And all in fun.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is supposed to be a laugh thread I didn't mean it for real, but hey whatever. If people want to actually come out here then fine go ahead.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I find that sometimes it's more fun in the closet.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Meow Meow Meow!

Wow, who ever knew coming out could be so controversial?

Sorry, but despite all the impassioned rancor, the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was this:

1. Say "Hey, you know Tom Cruise?" then point your thumb at yourself while giving an exaggerated, knowing wink.

True or not true, for good or ill, it's part of the popular culture now.

[edit on 6/16/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Not for me. I don't watch chatshows, don't read gossip, and haven't the first clue what in the hell your gesture of the wink and the phrase there means at all.

My thread. Lose the wrong-angle if you come here. You're meant to make up your own lists like I did, you know? How these things usually work.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
jesus, you're a bitter prick. celebrities have gossip spread about them all the time, get over it. the thread still has something to do with the title, so perhaps you should have made yourself more clear as to the direction you wanted it to go in the first place. don't be upset that people are having conversations on a message board just because they're not doing exactly as you like.

unless you're xenu. all hail xenu.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
How many inappropiate reactions will this thread get?!

I don't mind anyone actually coming out, but the bitch stuff is lame as hell. Get over it, you waste your life spying on celebs then you can't even take it when a healthy person points that obvious fact out about you.

How much more blatant could I have been in my original post here anyway as to what this thread is all about?! Come on, you're just trying to start a fight. I stated that it's obviously not a serious thread then I wrote the list - so what else could it be about? Either join in or take your celeb hounding some place else to your own thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Tom Cruise has ruined another Thread. When will this madness end, Tom?

On topic, the best way to come out of the closet is to laugh at Will and Grace while other people are watching.

Possibly.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Jesus Isn't Like That At All

Originally posted by 25cents
jesus, you're a bitter prick.

Easy there big fellow!

Let's please try to bring peace and not call names.

Can I Have A Copy Of The Script?

Originally posted by 25cents
don't be upset that people are having conversations on a message board just because they're not doing exactly as you like.

Well you have a point there.

Ed, dude, if you insist on people posting only what you want them to, you might want to just kick out the points, get a blog and enjoy the feeling of power that comes from not having other people tarnish your thread with their opinions.

As long as members post in accordance with the T&C, they can post what they want, where they want, including right here in "your" thread.

Granted, some of the posts in this thread are a bit of a stretch when it comes to T&C compliance, but since this is BTS, we try not to be to sticky about it, because people come to BTS to chill out.

*HINT* *HINT*

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join