It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel debunk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

THANK YOU for finally brining some proof that this guy is just a trickster!

NO. He like lance burton, seigfried and boy, david copperfield, blackstone,
Melinda and so many others are ILLUSIONISTS. And as Melinda used to say before her
shows in Vegas, " If I can only do 1 Illusion I would make all your cares disappear, If only for an hour."

( most illusions could robably be included in the class of "Jedi Mind Tricks"

[edit on 7-7-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yea, exactly, how can you debunk an illusionist, after all it is an illusion...
I'm sure for some he was using wires and for others, was using the old leg in the pants routine...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itsmeuk

You really think youre smart dont you.Why do you think chris angel let us see how he performed one small feet of levitation and allowed it to be filmed.Because chris is only letting you see what he wants you to see.Chris allows people like yourself to pat themselves on the back,he wants you to think youre right he is counting on your arrogance.As a matter of fact he is so sure of what a giant ego you have that he allows himself to be filmed while he shows us how he lvitated.Are you out of your mind do you really think chris angel whould allow camera men to tape this stunt without good reason. The reason is this chris angel allowed you and I to see how it whould be possible to fake levitation. Chris angel is brilliant he does do alot of magic,but you need to pay close attention between the difference between.Levitating on a sidewalk at night with nobody else around and walking from one high rise building across open air with hundreads of cameras cellphone video and thousands of people watching in the middle of the day is magic youre wrong its faith not magic. Was the video cris allowed to be taped and put on google a magic trick? YES it was but walking down the side of a building walking in mid air hundreads of feet in the air is not a magic trick.But most people arent ready to except that.Come on people is their noboby that believes in Jesus Christ when he said greater things will you do than I have done.If you only have faith of a mustard seed and say to to mountain move and the mountain whould move or is Jesus Christ a liar? you no dman well he isnt.You not believing these things to be possible doesnt change fact and truth they they are being done.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I'm all for debunking a magician and so forth, but the way you say 'thank you!' was like you actually believed the man to be total magic in the first place. lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
That's really funny. I know this is a super old post but I can't believe you think Criss Angel is really acting on faith.............

Sorry, Here are 5 of his best tricks debunked. Including the building to building levitation.

doodiepants.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It wont matter how many videos you show to prove he is a simple magician, there are still those on ATS who fanatically believe he is some kind of mystic or magical being.

When you get to the point that stage magic becomes real... you really need help.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think thats cool that he shows how he does some of his tricks. Unlike some magicians who pretend like they are doing real magic. Magic does exist imo, but its not all about levitating and stuff, lol. All that stuff is just trickery. Real magic is not about making stuff levitate and stuff, it more has to do with the mind and using your body and minds energies..

I admit though I know nothing about this guy, never seen his show. Does he claim what he does is real magic? Or does he call himself a entertainer? If he claims its real magic, I'd call the guy a fraud. Although I'm pretty sure most people realize all that stuff is just tricks.

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by itsmeuk

that was a huge surprise...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by itsmeuk

Criss Angel never once claimed supernatural powers, dunno if anyone in this thread has already mentioned that, I don't read every single reply, I just click the reply button, sue me, anyway, Criss is one of the honest magicians out there, he's an artist, an illusionist, performer, he is good at what he does and he idolizes and models himself the best that he can after Harry Houdini, he shares the opinions of Houdini, that all 'psychics' are charlatans, that all John Edward 'ghost whisperers' are frauds, that anyone that claims supernatural powers are full of crap, I mostly agree with that, so that being said, you can't debunk someone that never was full of bunk to begin with, showing how a trick is done is not 'debunking' it, it's simply giving away the magicians secret, which in illusionist circles is considered disrespectful, this is because some of these magicians spend their whole lifetimes researching and reading up on thousands of magic tricks, some of which cost thousands of dollars alone to learn the secret to, so your dealing with a group of performers, artists whose livelihood is their secrets, and when their secrets pour all over the internet, it's like a movie or album being stolen on the internet to an artist, of course a lot of these tricks are ancient and not patented but Criss happens to be a great magician because he takes what is old and gives it a new twist, he actually improves a lot of old tricks, and he probably could sue, he could sue anyone that posted his DVD clips online for free but he doesn't, so he's an overall nice guy, one secret I will tell you about Criss Angel, he is infertile due to one of his stunts, I would guess it was the million volts of electricity stunt.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Uhh well, when he claims that all the people are random and lies about not having staged participants......that's not illusion. It's just having a lot of people standing around pretending they can't see the Plexiglas platform in the water or the crane on each side. Then add that it's on TV and the fact that the editors can choose to use any camera angle they want and use whatever footage they feel like. It's just BS, not illusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I hear what you're all saying. Much easier to believe he's a fake. Personally, I believe he's one of Satan's angels. Why would a master illusionist give away his secrets? He wouldn't. Our world is filled with dark and light forces. Our society has become not only tolerant, but infatuated with things that seem out of this world, of another realm. That said, our logic and minds demands that we debunk the impossible, demands an explanation. Satan counts on that. He's the greatest trickster, the greatest liar. His angels continue to deceive and fascinate in order to draw us away from the light...

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think debunking everything takes the fun out of magicians. YOu know they are not real. But trying to figure out how is the fun part.
but when everyone knows the answers, it ruins it for everyone.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's on tv
Debunked.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I can't stand Criss Angel; it seems that many of his "tricks" involve little more than an audience who is in on it, some equipment to get the job done, and good camera angles.

That's not a magic trick; that's called special effects.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wlfbreeze71

But what about all the paid participants?........Satan's kinda lame.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodiepants
reply to post by Razimus

Uhh well, when he claims that all the people are random and lies about not having staged participants......that's not illusion. It's just having a lot of people standing around pretending they can't see the Plexiglas platform in the water or the crane on each side. Then add that it's on TV and the fact that the editors can choose to use any camera angle they want and use whatever footage they feel like. It's just BS, not illusion.

So he has 'actors' in-on the tricks, so what? so does David Copperfield, David Blaine and every other modern magician in the world, if you claim you don't like the guy because of this you might as well start a thread titled, 'i hate prestidigitation'. I personally dislike people that hate prestidigitation. To hate performing arts magic is to hate art.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I made a short debunk video on Chris Angel a while ago..

www.metacafe.com...

Its best to watch it full screen as the Metacafe ads cover the subtitles at the bottom otherwise.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

If you can't do it in public then it's really lame illusion. Who cares if someone can pay an audience of faked random bystanders and fool people on TV. That not illusion, that Television production and video editing.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by doodiepants]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodiepants
reply to post by Razimus

If you can't do it in public then it's really lame illusion. Who cares if someone can pay an audience of faked random bystanders and fool people on TV. That not illusion, that Television production and video editing.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by doodiepants]

My thoughts exactly , that's why i made the video. The TV makes him out to be waay better than he really is in real life. Ive looked at many of his tricks and most of them are using fake locations and fake members of the public. I respect good magicians but he is just a faker.

Its obvious what happening when he has his 'actor' friends in the tricks.. they are ACTING as if they dont know hats going on.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Santa is not real either....

Nor the tooth fairy...

Is this actually news to anyone?

Do people believe that Angel or Blaine or anyone else is really "Magical" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join