It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel debunk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Sorry to disapoint but there was alot going on about criss angel lately and here he shows how he does the levitating.

In the show:

video.google.com...

how he does it:

video.google.com...

and the rest I think the audiance is in on it whilst he is suspended.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
psst.

you don't need to debunk television magicians[/size=-1]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
please see this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Obviously, watching on TV has certain drawbacks. In the second link, that does explain some of his "levitating". Some of the other shots are, I'm sure, done just as sneakily.

My wife and I have been arguing the specifics for some time. The second video does confirm my theories Just a little. That there are no wires in use, at least some times.

I think he is better than David Blaine but the "rocker cool dude" persona annoys the crap out of me.

When my wife gets home I'm going to show her the video. Then we can argue some more. lol

Pass

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
But Nygdan, we do, we do! Life would be empty without some good debunking from time to time!
Keeps the mind sharp!

I've watched a number of episodes of Mindfreak, and much to the chagrin of my wife (who acuses me of being a know-it-all), I've exclamed, "He's cheating, he's using camera tricks!"

But now, I have almost irrefutable proof! Take a look at this: Criss Angel Teleportation

Take a close look at this video, at 0:43 secs into the video there is a very noticeable change in the brightness of the scene. The change in brightness indicates that the video tape recorder was stopped for a time, while Criss was removed from the garbage can, and was then restarted later.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
THANK YOU for finally brining some proof that this guy is just a trickster! I've seen his shows and I always knew it. LMAO when I see people on these forums say how he Isn't human and he must have magic I say IMHO these people are DUMB!!! Don't you think if someone could REALLY walk on water and do the things they do they would not be on TV but would be working for the government or doing somthing much more important?!

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
About the teleportation video, I don't know, but here's my theory. This may have been said before, but, I think the people around him are paid. Not only to hold down the can, but to keep the unknowing people back some distance and allow his escape.

My wife had something to add to this. What if... If... he has a twin. Sure would make life easier for a magician.

Pass

edited for clarity

[edit on 12-6-2006 by Pass]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You've gotta admire the guy. What a heck of a way to make, what I'm certain is, a pretty decent living! Besides, who really cares if he's a trickester. He's an entertainer for crying out loud! LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
He's a below average magician and an above average carnie. He has to use the camera to pull off his tricks!!! Thats so lame, thats not entertainment, theres no telling how much editing goes on.

I have 0 respect for Chris Angel because he says hes using the force or energy and its all mind of matter. I mean come on! He calls himself a mind freak!!!
Thats such a hard load to go that far b/c it ruins peoples respectable beliefs that there is infact a life force and energy that we can control (which I DO believe there is and I don't believe Chris knows the basics). It's people like this that have to come along and use that great concept and manipulate it. He's not using any force! He's just using camera tricks and he's even gone so far to compare himself to Jesus! This man is really going to have one coming when he finally realises what hes done when hes dead and gone..

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What I think it is in "teleportation" video is that he crawls out just as they turn over the can (notice the open end of the bucket is away from the camera) and the dude that shows up on the roof is just someone who looks like him (shot is done from far away so you cant really see his face, which btw is painted so you cant see his eyes). Then the real Criss comes from behind the crowd where he was hiding for the whole time and the camera zooms in onto his face. At leas people holding the bucket gotta be paid.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What's to debunk?

He's a stage magician. It's all fake.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
On the teleportation video, you can clearly see a blue bag hanging on the side of the trash can... Do i have to explain any further?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I guess I'm gullible I believed he was actually doing the stuff at first. Once I heard about the debunking of some of his acts, my better judgement took over. It's ruins my enjoyment of what he does, but some of the stunts are still so out there they're kind of fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It says on the tv info. that Criss Angel is an ILLUSIONIST, htat states exactly, he's not performing real miracles or w/e you wish to call them, hes an egotist and a reg. fake.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Don't you think if someone could REALLY walk on water and do the things they do they would not be on TV but would be working for the government or doing somthing much more important?!

That is a values question. People like Criss Angel and David Blaine love the limelight and are millionaires because of their gifts. Not many government jobs, corruption notwithstanding, can offer anyone that.

[edit on 13-6-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
thankyou for posting this...i new it was fake i just didnt know how...now i do....that you. It really irks me that he claims to be using his mind....really irks me...nothing is worse than a lier...he could atleast not claim to be a mind freak...thats just wrong....

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
He is a fantastic entertainer. He makes kids smile and adds a great fun memory to vacationing families. So what is the harm in making people believe? What is so different with this, as opposed to telling your children that it is Santa Claus that brings them their presents each year? I believe he is genuinely a good guy who enjoys bringing smiles to the masses.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
thankyou for posting this...i new it was fake i just didnt know how...now i do....that you. It really irks me that he claims to be using his mind....really irks me...nothing is worse than a lier...he could atleast not claim to be a mind freak...thats just wrong....

Why not advertise himself as a MindFreak? Does it not get your mind working just to watch some of his acts? Even if you are spending the entire time trying to figure out how he is actually pulling it off, you cannot help but agree that he is messing with your head. This is the job of the stage illusionist. It's great that he has come forth and revealed how he does much of what is seen on his show, but when others come forth and just try to tear him down, it takes away from the majesty of the illusion. Everyone knows it's fake, an act. But this does not mean that we want to know how the stunts are being performed. The point is entertainment, and that is exactly what is provided. It is one thing to come here to ATS and debunk a 9/11 crash, or perhaps prove somehow that Julius Caesar really committed suicide in lieu of his discovery of Cleopatra's love for Antony, but what is the point of coming here and saying that a magician is faking it? Isn't that a bit redundant? We are all very accutely aware that it is an act, but that is what makes the illusions so spectacular, the question of "how"?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The guy is an entertainer, and a good one at that.

I don't watch the show regularly, but of the shows I have seen.. the guy rocks.
He's not magic & doesn't have super powers, but he (or his crew ) does have enough intelligence to pull off these tricks and keep the audience ( probably only the ones at home watching on t.v ) mystified.

Debunking is fun to do, but as someone mentioned... its redundant.

The guy makes a living entertaining.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Why o why did you give me the "red pill" when I was so happy with the blue one.......
... Thanks for telling us how he did it, but I still like "magic" shows hahaaa..

I love to know how these magicans and illusionist do their tricks. The knowledge makes me happy when I know the secerts of the magic tricks and my friends do not.....

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join