It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four 2: Galactus!!!! Your official information on the next FF movie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is actually from the video game, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
I was going to go with a comic book image but decided this looked better.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I had to sign up to comment on this thread. Firstly I'm very excited to hear of the chance to see Galactus on the big screen. Same with the Silver Surfer. The Silver Surfer is actually my favorite "hero".

Now I just want to put this out there and see if anyone else would love this. My favorite Villain and flat out Comic Book character is Thanos. And my favorite story is Infinite Gauntlet. I saw someone else mention the series. I would go absolutely nuts to see a movie based on Infinite Gauntlet. Not just because it would include all the top Marvel heroes but Then I could see the strongest villain ever on screen. Strongest of course while he's wielding the infinite gauntlet.

Still could make a great Fantastic Four 3

P.S. Sorry had to add, I love reading the threads in ATS and BTS.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by excalibur]

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
An IG series would be pretty extreme in my opinion. Too many heroes at once. Plus, there isn't time to explain everyone's origin, which would leave those who don't know the heroes hanging out to dry. That's one of the great things about the Marvel movies so far. Anyone can watch, and appreciate it.

I hear they're making Magneto and Wolverine spin offs from X-Men, so a Silver Surfer movie could be in the future, and he is the type of character that would make a great movie on his own. And who knows, maybe they could throw Thanos in that one.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by excalibur
I had to sign up to comment on this thread.

Welcome to the board

I would love to see Thanos in a movie but I get the feeling that he would be too different from the comic book for fans to like him.

SR

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by excalibur
I had to sign up to comment on this thread.

Welcome to the board

I would love to see Thanos in a movie but I get the feeling that he would be too different from the comic book for fans to like him.

Oh man that would be EPIC!!!! Thanos is just non stop coolness although i totally agree with you bout him being different i don't know how they'd make everyone like a dude who just non stop kills people and beats on hero's to please Death who he happens to be in love with at the same time lol.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You may remember the concept of Doctor Doom posted a while ago which showed him in all of his tyrannical glory. If you don't remember here is a refresher.

Now, I don't have a pic of McMahon from the movie yet but I've got a shot of him from the game which confirms that he will look like that... and here it is!

Its not anything too official, but considering the game uses the movie designs for its characters it's the next best thing!
Also you may be interested to know that Super Skrull will appear in it, as well as (DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!!) Terrax the Tamer... another of Galactus' Heralds.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder just how much Doom they are going to cram into this one. The only movie stills I've seen of Doom is without his mask on.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well in the latest trailer they show Doom (in his cape and hood for behind) standing in front of the Surfer and the Surfer attacks him.

My God, I really hope McMahon puts in a better performance in this movie. If Doom looks like he does in the Concept and game screen and has an appropriate performance I will actually squee in the cinema!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Why does everyone think galactus will be presented in his "old school" form and not the more recent "Ultimate Extinction" redo...Even silver sufer has been portrayed in this manner(having liquid metal like powers not present in pre-Ultimates storylines). Personally I would love to see the Galactus I grew up on...But a giant of his size would look really out of place in the current movies.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would like to add, that I would love to see the Ultimate alliance version though. Here is a pic by the artist who made the ingame model for that game(higher rez than in Umbrax's blog). We can always hope, right?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Why does everyone think galactus will be presented in his "old school" form and not the more recent "Ultimate Extinction" redo...Even silver sufer has been portrayed in this manner(having liquid metal like powers not present in pre-Ultimates storylines). Personally I would love to see the Galactus I grew up on...But a giant of his size would look really out of place in the current movies.

Basically, because the FF are not portrayed in the way that they are in Ultimate FF. I'm pretty sure they're basing the movies loosely on the classic storyline.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am not talking about the story line, but the grapical representation of the characters themselves, which for the most part strays horribly from the original look and feel of the FF. The look of the characters from the "Ultimate" marvel universe is what almost all the current marvel movies and games have been following to some extent(that updated modern/leather feel).

[edit on 23-5-2007 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I would like to add, that I would love to see the Ultimate alliance version though. Here is a pic by the artist who made the ingame model for that game(higher rez than in Umbrax's blog). We can always hope, right?

That would be sweet.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Basically, because the FF are not portrayed in the way that they are in Ultimate FF. I'm pretty sure they're basing the movies loosely on the classic storyline.

Actually in a recent interview on IGN it was stated the source would draw on Ultimate Extinction too.

"You've always gotta go back to the comics," says screenwriter Don Payne. "We're pulling from Fantastic Four #48-50. We're also doing #57-60, which is, I believe, the Doctor Doom/Silver Surfer story. And some moments from Ultimate Extinction as well -- there are a couple things borrowed from there. And some new stuff all kind of thrown in."

I think its more likely we will be seeing Gah'Lak'Tus instead of Galactus, but with the Surfer from the regular continuity alongside him instead of the multiple heralds from Ultimate.

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the update and welcome Umbrax. For some reason when I try to imagine Galactus in this movie I picture the end of the first Mortal Kombat movie where we see Shao Kahn crashing through the clouds or whatever. It actually was nicely done if you remember the film. Nevertheless I want to see Galactus more than that lol.

I'm a little old school on Comics so I'll have to research MA to see where you guys are coming from.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I wonder just how much Doom they are going to cram into this one. The only movie stills I've seen of Doom is without his mask on.

Don't say I never give you anything Brax!

Someone on the Spider-Man boards posted these. Needless to say I DEMANDED more!

(or to use correct internet terminology) MOAR!!!

EDIT: He's got no more :shk:

On another note entirely, does anyone think this film is setting up the Super Skrull?
I look at THIS image and for some reason my mind just goes back to the alien villain.
Now we're getting one off worlder, does it mean we will be seeing more aliens in future F4 films?
Personally I wanna see Namor and Atlantis wage war on the Surface!

ANOTHER CRAZY THEORY!

I was watching the trailer again and it said "The forces that made them Fantastic, will give Rise to, A New Power".
So I was just thinking... the forces that made them Fantastic was a cosmic cloud right? Maybe they are working into it that the F4 somehow were infused with a small amount of the Power Cosmic, which would explain that tagline in the trailer.
Plus it could also explain the rumours Galactus was going to appear as a cloud (basically a case of media Chinese Whispers).

As I said... crazy.

[edit on 26/5/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
for the pics and yeah I'm getting a huge SuperSkrull vibe from this movie.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A quick update for you involving new trailers.

WARNING:

In this video you see what looks to be Galactus' shadow on passing Saturn

I saw a TV spot today that showed a HUGE cloud approaching Earth from space. So my guess is Galactus will travel in a huge cloud which will dissipate and reveal him in all of his huge, omnipotent glory.

I still am kinda holding out for the Watcher to make an appearance.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Another bit of info from Wikipedia

Galactus will be an element in the upcoming movie Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer which is due to be released in June, 2007. The official novelization of the film refers to Galactus as the Gah Lak Tus - the name of the Ultimate version. Galactus does not appear in humanoid form and is described in the novel as a large cosmic vortex.

So it looks like he is Gah Lak Tus, and he is a cloud...

:shk::shk::shk:

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join