It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four 2: Galactus!!!! Your official information on the next FF movie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
then why the shadow on saturn? i'm still holding out hope.... especially since "the man" is involved in the movie

or maybe the movie deals with the surfer and the sequel with galactus...

apparently the film takes from both ultimate extinction and fantastic 4 #48... it could be a mixed bag... but i hope it's galactus in all his purple-helmeted glory.

[edit on 6/10/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I seen this thread and I could not help myself but to answer...Yes, I hope so too. I want to see Galactus! This movie is looking better and better the more I hear about it.
The hype is real huge right now, there better not be any let-downs.
Personally though, I could see this movie being a lot longer than 90 minutes.

God Bless

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
then why the shadow on saturn? i'm still holding out hope.... especially since "the man" is involved in the movie

The Gah Lak Tus robots had the same shape, and so would cast the same silhouette.

I really hope it is Galactus, but even if its just Gah Lak Tus I'll be happy.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

The Gah Lak Tus robots had the same shape, and so would cast the same silhouette.

I really hope it is Galactus, but even if its just Gah Lak Tus I'll be happy.

but they called "gah lak tus" an energy vortex...
and the big guy in 616 continuity could be described as an energy being... seing as his physical form is merely an illusion that our minds create and project upon a being that we cannot truely comprehend

[edit on 6/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That illusion could also be why we will see the Gah Lak Tus drones. We'll see him as a huge planet crushing machine but it would still be Galactus.

Here is the Saturn picture...

You will notice that the shape of his head between the prongs on his helmet is quite rounded, whereas normal Galactus' is more angular...

The rear of the Gah Lak Tus drones fits the silhouette better...

And the prongs are the same shape and distance from the 'rear'

[edit on 11/6/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
But movies always take license with the character images. I really don't want to see the Gah Lak Tus bots. Galactus is badass unto himself. They shouldn't switch things up this late into the story, after all. FF was from the original story (sort of) and SS is a singular entity, so they should keep it old school and leave it as Galactus, and not the bots.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sadly for all of us it looks like there is no titanic figure of omnipotent doom, nor even a swarm of planet killing, suicide inducing robotic drones...

What great disturbance in The Force is weighing down on the F4 team this time? As the film kicks off, we see an enormous, swirling grey cloud of space matter ripping apart planets and drifting on its merry way, ever closer towards our solar system. This, sadly, is the cinematic interpretation of Galactus, Devourer of Worlds. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's not scary or interesting. No, we're not going to let this one slide by.

Source

Sucky, sucky, sucky, sucky, sucky. I was planning on watching this first thing tomorrow morning, but now I think I'll wait for...other... sources.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Meh, I'm still seeing it tomorrow.
Galactus's design is not going to make this movie good or not. All the early reviews I've seen are positive.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
lol

Who'm I kidding? I know I will go and watch it too!

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
heh

For sure it is going to blow the first movie away and the Surfer looks amazing.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Now wait a minute, how do we know that the swirling dust cloud isn't our well known Galactus in his vessel? Maybe he simply disguises himself as a dust cloud? As he gets closer, maybe we get to see him as he really is? Of course they'd save that for the third installment though.

I don't see the reason for them plastering the silhouette of Galactus over Saturn all over the place if they didn't intend on having him at least somewhat similar to what we know and love.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
An interesting bit as well, and maybe an explanation of some of it.

Height: 28 ft. 9 in.
Weight: 18.2 tons
Eyes: Unknown
Hair: Unknown
Unusual features: Galactus's height diminishes by as much as 10.9 feet when he is greatly in need of life-giving energy.

Although Galactus is usually represented in humanoid form, each sentient being perceives him having a form resembling his own. Hence, humanoids see Galactus in humanoid form, while a Skrull, for example, would perceive Galactus as resembling a Skrull. Although as Galan, Galactus was indeed a humanoid; his true current form is unknown. It is unclear why beings from different sentient races perceive him differently.

www.marveldirectory.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think you are all missing something even worse (in my view)... I noticed in the comercials that the 4 are swapping powers...? Huh? Even worse, they advertise it by saying something along the lines as: to combat this new menace they are going to have to swap their powers. Again Huh? In pone comercial they show Johnny all rocky and Ben not rocky and flinging fire around.

And it only gets WORSE! In another image in the most recent comercials it looks like Johny is the SUPERSKRULL!!! He becomes visible (as in he was invisible to begin with), is on fire and has a rocky fist that goes fling out like a rubber band! All I can say is I hope this really is the Superskrull in Johnny guise, and the comercials are just misleading, BUT there is the other part (mentioned above) where more then one of them is exibiting these changing powers...

So todays the day, huh. I think I'll skip it.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I already spoke about the SuperSkrull vibe a few pages back.

I don't think the Skrull is in disguise, but its opening up the possibility of him coming in a future movie.

My guess is the Superskrull will be a survivor of the Skrull homeworld which has been devastated by Galactus and looking to move into Earth. The Superskrull touched the Surfer while he was on his world, and on Earth touches the F4 and absorbs their powers.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Okay, I saw the movie and will try to avoid the spoilers, but there is something I'd like to say. However I will preface with the standard.

SPOILER!!!!!

The fear of Galactus being simply a dust cloud has been subsided. It was never really made clear what he was exactly. His form was so ambiguous, and actually stayed somewhat true to the comic that it could have been our Galactus.

Fear subsided.....

Sigh..

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I saw some pics of the cloud over Earth and I have to say the columns that extend downwards reminded me of the pipes he plunged into the ground to drain the life from us.

Hopefully I'll be watching it in the next half hour (If I can get my mum to take me cinema.... its raining like hell outside)

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Okay I just got back and here's my feedback (SPOILERS ABOUND!!!)

Seriously. Spoilers below.

Wow. Just wow.

I actually, despite prior misgivings, really really enjoyed it. It had a perfect balance between action and drama (unlike the nonstop dramatics in SM3) and the villains were pretty good.

The Surfer was depicted in a great way. Streamlined, fluid and just amazing to watch. Doug Jones did an amazing job physically, and Laurence Fishbourne's voice was perfect for the character. I also think the way he was depicted as 'neutral' for the majority of the movie was a good decision. I was always struck by the fact that he had chosen to be a Herald, but didn't really want to.
I didn't like the fact they made his power reliant on the surfboard, but understand that movies can't have the long winded narratives in comics so I can tolerate it.

Doom, unlike last movie, actually left me quite fulfilled. Granted it wasn't the Doom I'd prefer (the finger-steepling, wine sipping calculating villain), but it was a Doom I liked. I was squeeing internally watching him on the surfboard, cause I always thought he would look cool as a surfing Herald. I loved his cruise through Asia and watching him at full Power Cosmic was thrilling.

And that Super Skrull vibe is still there, and still strong. It was state din the movie that the power the SS emitted was the same type of power that gave the 4 their powers, so its likely the Cosmic Cloud passed the Skrull homeworld.

Now then, the vital part of a Surfer movie.... Galactus!
Well, he was a cloud... but I was not disappointed. The cloud looked powerful, imposing and was a suitable 'stand in' for Galactus. I also found myself squinting at what I really think were metal claws at the end of smokey columns. In the beginning you also see the columns of cloud actually sucking up the interior of a planet before withdrawing.
I think when we see 'Galactus' in the smoke, the sort-of-silhouette-of-a-sort-of-face, it was done perfectly. However I think it would have looked better if, as the Surfer powered up, a huge, fiery hand emerged from the smoke and grabbed the Surfer who promptly exploded.

The end, despite what I have heard people complaining about, I don't think the Surfer destroyed Galactus (something VERY impossible to do). I think he merely teleported him away from Earth, leaving the Surfer drained and orbiting our world.

And did you catch the name of Johnny's new girlfriend? Frankie Raye.... as in NOVA - The Surfer's replacement!

Spoilers above (just in case anyone shoots to the end of the page).

[edit on 15/6/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Since everyone is writing spoilers lets just kick this thread into...

SPOILER MODE
All posts from this point forward may contain spoilers without further notice

Juat got back from the movie, I liked it

To get it out of the way.. I was disapointed with Galactus and I'm pretty mad ad Avi Arad for not telling the truth about his form.

Anyway, on to the good stuff.
The Surfer was amazing and I want him to have his own movie. Even when he was just standing there beaten and boardless he looked amazing. Giving the characters pupils (unlike his comic counterpart) was a good call as it gave him emotion.

The power swapping and eventual power dump into Johnny was surprisingly cool.

Way better than the first movie

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But we never actually saw the center of the cloud. It could have been Galactus's vessel causing mass disturbance in the surrounding space. I kept watching throughout to see if there was any indication that Galactus (humanoid) wasn't in the cloud, and I didn't see any.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Same.
I was anticipating that he'd be in there.

Showing the Surfer a bit into the credits leaves hope for a Silver Surfer movie and even a humanoid Galactus

[edit on 15/6/2007 by Umbrax]

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join