It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Four 2: Galactus!!!! Your official information on the next FF movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think they will make him as powerful as he is in the comics, however just as something bad is about to happen there will be a moment (involving a lot of closeups) in which he recalls Zhenn-La and Zhallabal, and then switch sides.

I hate the whiny Surfer. I liked the badass that was originally in the comics, pre-moaning about everything.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There's no way tey can power down the surfer. If he is to be Galactus's herald, he has to have the power cosmic, and he has to be able to do all the things he needs to do. This includes the ability to destroy entire planets. This makes him the ultimate foe/ally.

Jack, personally, I liked SS during the Infinity Gauntlet series. Totally badass.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
He certainly didn't seem weak in the trailer.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They would have to power him down. It wouldn't be much of a story, if they made it where FF had no chance of defeating SS, and then later finding out the much more powerful Galactus is waiting for them as well. In the comics, FF were also aided by a watcher, so unless they have a watcher on their side as well, I think SS will be powered down

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't think the watcher actually put his hands on anything though, aside from giving Reed some bright ideas. And that was the way things went in the books. The FF had no chance physically against the SS, so they had to convince him that what he was doing was wrong, and so he defended the earth rather than serving it up on a plate.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
You bring an interesting point... will we be seeing Uatu in the film? It would be interesting...

And they can't depower the SS. The whole point of the Galactus saga was that the F4 were facing two beings who were beyond gods. The only way they could defeat the stronger of the two was by turning his servant against him and threatening him with the Nullifier.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
You bring an interesting point... will we be seeing Uatu in the film? It would be interesting...

He was part of the original story but I don't think movie goers are ready to see this.

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't watchers increase/decrease their size at will? So rather than the gigantic big headed Watcher, we could have

Who loves ya baby.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As far as I remember the Watcher doesn't shape shift but if he does they could make us more eye candy like Jessica Alba.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

All Watchers are bald and wear clothing similar to the religious vestments of priests or monks. By human standards the heads of Watchers are very much oversized in proportion to their very thin bodies, though in the earliest comics, they were not depicted as having such large heads and thin bodies. Watchers typically stand fifteen to twenty feet tall, though they than can increase and decrease their size at will.

So we could see a little bald dude in a monk's outfit who could claim to be a watcher. No need for the huge cosmic being. Hell, even Mini-Me could play him.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well that is good news.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks to all the fan input, I think it's confirmed Marvel will make all watchers look like this from now on in their movies:

Seriously though, how will Richards obtain a Nullifier without a watcher to tell Johnny that it's on Galactus' ship, unless they change the story and SS is the one who tells them?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Or they'll have Reed develop it in his lab, or have it conveniently made by a local company. Writers have a way of fixing it so the key components are there.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That would be awful!

What would keep RR from making another one in FF:3, or anytime they face a tough villain?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think Uatu should be in it. I can just imagine him appearing as someone gets smacked down.

I AM THE WATCHER!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
They should leave the watcher out until F4 3

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think it would make more sense to have the Surfer as the main focal point of the movie, i.e. being a villain for the majority and having it end with minimal Galactus at all.

You know just have Galactus appear in say "flashback" type scenes that basically warn of his coming, os to speak.

Then in the third the presence of the Watcher would have more impact as well as the big Payoff of having F4 battle Galactus.

Plus Hollywood loves doing trilogies, and the 2nd one usually builds huge anticipation for the final "Grand" installment.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Umbrax's blog has a very good interview on the subject. It seems Galactus is not going to be portrayed as a character, but as a force.

I am curious to see how that is done, but if done right it would be amazing. He is always portrayed inthe comics as an unstoppable force of nature. Can't wait for the first images.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
JoBlo.com

Has posted a picture which is *supposedly* of production art for Victor von Doom..... oh wait, finally I can call him DOCTOR DOOM!!!

Now lets hope Julian McMahon's performance is up to scratch...

[edit on 8/2/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
McMahon has Doom is one of the few things I really liked about the first FF movie. I really like the design up there. He looks good.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join