It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is She Hiding Something?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
As the story goes, she is smiling because she knows the secret of Jesus

and MaryMagdalene. So the story has it.

Ahh, Dgtempe i think you may be on to something

But the question is what is the secret???

Also i would just like to say that the Davinci Code is a book of fiction based on the veiws of Dan Brown, sure there are some facts in there but that does not make the book one of truth entirely Craft.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Normal faces are very symmetrical. Mona's is not. It isn't easy because the view isn't straight on to the face, but if you use a piece of paper to view each half of the face separately, you may notice they are apparently different faces.

How many more times can I get 'face' in this post?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It may well be that Leonardo was hinting at the
hoax that was the crucificion or that the Roman
Catholic Church had 'buried', altered and added
to the Gospels.

It's been widely known for many years that the
Jesus that we're spoon-fed from childhood belongs
in a comic book.
The background of the painting may show the river
of estoric teachings that winds it's way through the
countryside and time and then disappearing underground
when the thundering fist of the Roman Catholic Church
continuely attempted to smash original thought.

Of course, the mountain scene maybe hinting at Rennes
Chateau.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ooops, already posted

[edit on 8-6-2006 by joecool280]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Normal faces are very symmetrical. Mona's is not.

Actually, that is not true. Most faces are not symmetrical at all. You cannot make a good portrait with one side of the face if you attempt to mirro image it on the other. A more flattering portrait perhaps, but not a good likeness.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Some have speculated that it's really a portrait of Da Vinci in drag - hence the enigmatic smile.

I remember reading that it is, in fact, Da Vinci's face. Here is a link that discusses this theory.
Self Portrait

Dr. Lillian Schwartz of Bell Labs suggests that Leonardo painted himself, and was able to support her theory by analyzing the facial features of Leonardo's face and that of the famous painting, She digitized both the self-portrait of the artist and the Mona Lisa. She flipped the self portrait and merged the two images together using a computer. She noticed the features of the face aligned perfectly!

I just don't see the conspiracy theory in this painting.

It is an amazing work of art and painted on wood!

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Eyesofbear]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Could she know something we dont i wonder????
I guess we could ask that about a lot of these sort of paintings from Davinci.
especially the Last Supper.
Which i am still trying to figure out but thats in another on of my threads.
So do u think she knows something we dont??

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
did any of you read this ??
was just following the link from the other page that was linked in this thread..

www.museumldv.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I agree with the comment made a bout the background. It looks like its another painting. Like a she was sitting infront of another painting. Dosnt fit at all for a
painting like this.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I agree with the comment made a bout the background. It looks like its another painting. Like a she was sitting infront of another painting. Dosnt fit at all for a
painting like this.

Or in front of two halves of a painting perhaps?
hmmmm i wonder.

Omega

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What's really itching at me is this:
I wonder if her name is code for something else, or if it is scrambled or something. Maybe the message is really in the name, and that's what you have to figure out before you can understand what he was trying to say in the painting.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Mona Lisa

hmmmmmmm i wonder what you could make out of it.
interesting concept though.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I saw a program on tv last week, but can't remember the name or what channel although I think it was history or discovert. Anyway IIRC this researcher matched up the background of a painting which I want to say was the Mona Lisa to several real places, and was showing how he thought it was like a treasure map

I looked around a little for what I;m talking about but couldnt find anything. Maybe I'll get lucky and see a rerun, but in the meantime I'll look around some more.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well I found the painting I was talking about in my above post. It’s called Les Bergers d'Arcadie and was painted by Nicolas Poussin.

From what I have read apparently King Louis XIV went to great lengths to confiscate all of Poussin’s correspondence which included cryptic letters to his brother and personally examined them. Kind Louis also went to great lengths to obtain the original painting. Art experts always said the background was a mythical place, but people have since proved otherwise and some theorize its a treasure map or guide if you will.

When I saw this thread and looked at the Mona Lisa my crazy thought was that perhaps it’s background has a similar purpose?

Here is Les Bergers d'Arcadia

[edit on 24-6-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think she tooted....

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Lillian Schwartz theorized that its Davinci himself
portrayed as a woman

Check out this site

library.thinkquest.org...

and this juxtaposed image

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
HI all....Is her secret more obvious than it would first appear?

Now I have read and studied much on Da'Vinci for my various Art qualifications. I am also familiar with the style of handwritng he used when making his notes (mirrror writing etc.)

Now, with this in mind, take another look at the large image of the MONA LISA again posted by the OP. Look specifically at the braiding on the dress across her bust. De-focus your vision a little may help.....

Does that look strangely like some characters there amongst the linear pattern of the braiding????????? Written Left-Right or Right-Left????

I strongly believe this could be worth looking at in more detail. Although how one would translate any information without knowing the fine details of the codex or character used by Da'Vinci, is anyones guess.

Does anyone know if it's posssible to translate any of his surviving cryptic writing?

Anyone else view the portrait with the same thoughts?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by solrac4
I am also familiar with the style of handwritng he used when making his notes (mirrror writing etc.)

Now, with this in mind, take another look at the large image of the MONA LISA again posted by the OP. Look specifically at the braiding on the dress across her bust. De-focus your vision a little may help.....

Does that look strangely like some characters there amongst the linear pattern of the braiding????????? Written Left-Right or Right-Left????

I see what you're talking about, and I almost want to say I can see symbols or letters or something but I cant make them out clear enough to even confidently trace their shape or lines which would be the first step. I even tried rotating the image upside down, sideways, looked at it thru a mirror in the same positions etc.. and couldnt make anything out.

I would like to know more about the background of the painting. Is it a real place or just from davinci's mind?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
the background could be a number of places in Italy; i see a farmhouse, a Roman bridge, and the sea... the backdrop certainly seems to cover an extensive area (due to the size of the bridge) and Lisa's importance is thusly magnified.

i am more interested, though, in the numerous indications in her expression and body language that indicate she is hiding something; she looks to one side, crosses her hands (and subtly crosses the index and middle fingers of her left hand) and wears that damnable George W. Bush smirk.

she's got a black veil on. is she mourning? for whom, or what?

messing with the contrast in the picture shows that she's sitting against some kind of stone wall or embankment; this would have to be in a high place to provide such an expansive view. she could be in a tower, a castle, a mansion... some tall structure, and one connoting, once again, a great deal of importance on her part.

my tentative conclusion: she is the widow of some powerful person (or entity; metaphor seems far more likely than literalism), and she knows quite a lot about who killed it.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
this is quite interesting ... this piece of art is able to make people think all around the world...
my suggestion is that this isn't a woman...in general.
are there breasts? it looks like he/she is having them...but look closer...it's flat

i know it could be that DaVinci drew a woman with small breasts...but thats totally against the art...i have never seen a painting where a woman has no breasts.
to me the backround means something like difference between male and female persons and in the middle is a mix between them...that's what i'm thinking.
but don't ask me what DaVinci wanted to say

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join