It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people in your dreams really there?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not all but some of my dreams I will run into people I know and I was wondering if there is the possibility they are having the same dream or cross paths with you in their dream also. When I have a vivid dream with other people in it there seems to be a connection that is more than my brain remembering those people. Is there any research in this area?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've often thought about that, and I think it's a definite possibility. A close friend of mine and I used to have almost identical dreams on the same nights, with both of us being in them.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've always thought dreams are on a different plane of existance... where the waking is physical, the dream is mental/astral.

For most dreams, I would imagine that they do contain real worlds and people. How many of you have had dreans where you could feel, smell, taste? My dreams contain all the senses... sure, they could be just mis-fired neurons in the brain... but I really don't think so... not when, if you were dreaming of being in a fight, waking up and seeing a hand shaped bruise on you arm (holding you back), or a foot type bruise on your leg from being kicked... I've even woken up with cuts across my body!

Most people forget their dreams upon waking... I would bet that if you take one individual and his/her closest friends... they might have similiar dreams. We are all connected on the physical plane, and others are connected spiritually, or through reincarnation... why not in the astral realm as well? Lovecraft wrote several books along these lines (Dreamquest (?) series).

I've also had an idea that THIS world is the false one, while the dream state is true. Sometimes, have you had a dream that would be continued the next night? That, in itself, is rather interesting, especially since there "shouldn't" be reason or logic behind dreams (unless you study Freud). How can they connect? There is a seperate world there...

Anyway... about the dream state being true... have you astral projected? Or have you had dreams where you remember saying "I don't want to go back"? or "Not now, not when I'm so close"? What if we were to stay in the dream state? We could exist, especially since it is a state of mind... are coma patients doing that? Is that why they are "trapped" for months... years... at a time? For all doctors know, they are just dreaming... but what if they are living free of physical form, existing purely on mental energy?

Sure, there will be those that say that once the body dies, the mind follows; what about the soul? Our mind, or energy, is more than just this form of flesh and blood. How many science-fiction writers describe man as to evolve beyond the physical? Look at the book "Celestine Prophecy"... wasn't the 10th step a pure energy form?

There is so much that can be said about this subject... it is one I find very interesting and close to me... I could go on for hours! But, I'll stop here, respond here and there... *but yes, dreams are connected, in case I skipped over that*

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think when we sleep and dream, we actually enter another reality. A physical reality. When we goto sleep in that reality *poof* we wake up to this one. But ... I'm a dumbass so what do I know ... right?

DUN ANSWER THAT EITHER ... *pokes whoever is thinking of answering*

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Don't worry, I agree with you. A part of this physical/mental state is that we are actually two beings... our other being like our conscious (that little freaking voice inside us), or our guardian spirit... or even our "asrtal" selves.

It would be just a matter of time and practice to unite the two... then the possibilities are endless!

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well you could ask the person you had in your dream.

Dreams are the subconscious letting go. So I would suspect that everyones dreams are differant. Although I do believe some dreams are visions. There is more dreams than most people think..but I doubt people share dreams.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Have you ever seen what you look yourself in dream?
When i think i havent ever...
Perehaps we have lived in that so called dream world
forever. You are only taking place in your current body when you "wake up"
I m just taking a break from the dreams.
We are pure energy well perehaps this is
meaning of soul!
Soul is you, you in the "dream world"

Have you welt the time in your dreams?
dreams just keeps going but still time wont move.
There is no time in there its eternal.
You might have lived trought some moments in your "dreams" that you are going to do in "reality".

So then this reality is fake and our dreams and souls are true. Then again this means words like reality or fake means nothing and are not words at all. Remember what language you have speaked in the dreams.
I wont. I Have not talked but still communicated with other characters, weird. well thats was intresting theory even i sayed it my self...
lots of guestions and little of answers like usual...

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As someone who has intense and vivid dreams frequently, I have to agree with the interesting posters here who think that they people are real. They sure seem real to me!

I can't believe that the wierd things that I see in my dreams are merely the product of my own fertile imagination

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Good question. In my dreams nearly all of the people there I know of,rarely there is a madeup guy. I don;'t know if people can share dreams,but I do belive that some dreams are visions and that dreaming is another form of reality where you enter your sub-concious mind for a while.

I've never seen myself in any of my dreams,never.

Strangely I've been having dreams lately in very odd surrondings and the same woman is in them. Its so odd, there were 3 or 4 I can only remember 2 fully.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
well i dont know but i've always have searched for a tall, tan brunette woman with long hair, i dreamed of her 7 years ago but never saw her face, i have had a few dreams of future things that have happened so i think she and others in dreams do or did exist.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is weird. I was considering posting this topic yesterday before I saw it here.

I decided that I don't think anyone in my dreams is experiencing the dream with me.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
everone has dreams...

just not everyone remembers them.

Im not the only one who siad this nor am i the first

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have wondered if is possible for people to cross paths in their dreams for as long as I can remember. I have had too many too count that I thought that this may of happened. The dream that inspired me to post happened something like this: I was hooking up with a girl a barely know but see around often. The next day I saw her and there was a wierd vibe between us, I didnt say anything about the dream but I could feel some tension between us. The funny thing is that she has a boyfriend so if and only if people really do cross paths in dreams would flings like that count as cheating?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sometimes I'll sense people I know in my dreams rather than see them, because while they are there, they don't look as they do in the "physical" world. I have only seen myself as I appear in this world twice, and both times were from the outside, looking at myself, rather than a reflection or anything like that. As I mentioned earlier, I have shared dreams with another person. On a couple of other occasions, I had a fight with a person in my dream, and this person normally calls me two or three times a week. They didn't call me for about three weeks, when I asked why, they said they were mad at me for some reason. Things like that make me wonder if dreams are really more than the subconsciouss letting go.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Not all but some of my dreams I will run into people I know and I was wondering if there is the possibility they are having the same dream or cross paths with you in their dream also. When I have a vivid dream with other people in it there seems to be a connection that is more than my brain remembering those people. Is there any research in this area?

I thought about that a lot in my life. Are the people we see in dreams really real in the waking world? How does the brain conjur up images of people we have never met before? Just seeing random people on TV or during our daily lives?
Maybe they see us in our dreams and wonder the same thing... interesting post. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
and i will share an experience with you ats fellowmen/women...

i had an ex girlfriend from nigeria...
she was a beautiful woman and we shared love for each other in this physical realm...

one night i had a dream with her family in it...
her sister wanted me sexually and i fell...
she still loved me yet she could not look at me in the dream...
we wound up being together with her riding my back(we have broken up for this)...
i awake(the dream was more vivid than this but i told you the necessary parts)...

we then conversate the next day and she felt as though she viewed the actions taken in my dream state...

another instance...

i had my ex-fiance over my home and she spent a night(wanted to stay with a loved one versus a motel) the next day i dropped her off at the airport...
my girlfriend knew she was there at my home...
in other words she may have saw from a dream state actions taken in the physical 1 night prior...

and i have had countless experiences with dreams to know that they hold variance over the physical...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't think your dreams have crossed into another's. I have the same experience in a just before sleep state where I'll be talking to someone I know and it feels so real. I'm even in control of the conversation from my part and the other is independent of my thoughts. It feels as if I really am speaking to that person.

But my theory is that its my own mind spliting off into two in that state of conscience. One half plays the role of the other person, my mind knowing all the characteristics of that person I am tricked into thinking it is them.

The mind is bizarre and mysterious, all is possible.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
if you were dreaming of being in a fight, waking up and seeing a hand shaped bruise on you arm (holding you back), or a foot type bruise on your leg from being kicked... I've even woken up with cuts across my body!

...ahh...you and I could have some rather interesting discussions about this topic sometime...I know this only too well...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
People in dreams can be a real person OR a real persons essence ie, astral body/spirit or soul?? So you may dream of someone and can totally make out their features and just *know* they were there and are real..and then you meet someone whom you feel like you've met before and it could be that you did, but you only met their essence in dreams..and depending on the dream it could be someone more beautiful, someone very strange looking, creepy, angry, the list goes on..in other words, depending upon the dream experience we tend to change form and thus may present ourselves to the dreamer in a different light that what we actually look like in the physical form..

This is really hard to explain..I'm kind of hoping it makes sense though..

I have most definately dreamt of people and then met them later or even dreamt of people in a past life and recognized them here..

And that's about all I have to say about this at the moment

Mag

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am quite certain this is not the case.
Do you boys really think that everytime you dreamt of angelina jolie, she was somewhere dreaming of you as well?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join