It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be a shot at proof of aliens ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Iapetus

Hi i was reading this
www.enterprisemission.com...
and what makes it intresting is some of the claims made
are backed up by other sites for example newscientist
which is far from a ufo supporting news source

so i am wondering what other peoples opinions are on this ?

[edit on 6-6-2006 by scatterp]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i say anybody that had the time to read or write that has way to much time or has some truth behind it.

i read the first page an i gave up,so ill just say that its a secret deathstar

good find thoug
[edit on 6-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

[edit on 6-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
you should read the rest it goes in to more detail intresting stuff

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure what is more frightening, the similarities in all of these sci fi stories (it could be intentional homage to those that came before you or it could be subconscious recall of things you saw/read) or the fact that some ancient marbles resemble the moon/deathstar.

I do know this. If I had the brains and the time to produce that massive document, I'd use them for better use. World domination, alternate fuel sources or simply to score with more babes.

oh, who am I kidding. one babe would be nice but don't tell the wife.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow, this guy has done his homework.
He has some good evidence for each of his points.

I'm going to read this when I get home later, it seems very interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
i say anybody that had the time to read or write that has way too much time or has some truth behind it.

I'm guessing the former. Just because somebody writes a lot about something that's no indication of its truthfulness. Just look at "Lord of the Rings." Or the Bible.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ahhhh hoagland...
if only those powers of persuasion and research could be used by the Good guys

I think Hoagland is the number one researcher of the ungrokable...
His flights of fancy are often much better than Science fiction books (unfortunatly, they would sell better if they were fiction also)

But as far as actual proof... it is always lacking... and always dependant upon the very creative eye of the viewer...

I always check out his new stuff though... he has good leads, and good info... he just never stops at that though...
He proceeds to make a cigar into: an alien made, biosythetic viral disseminator from the planet Barzoom used by the viceroy tenant alien leader... instead of just a cigar shaped UFO...

thanks for the Haogland update... He is such a sweet ol' cuckoo...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
lazarus i agree with your explaination how ever the nature of the thing its self does not add up i mean cut all hes crap out and maybe consider some of the more valid parts

but the core facts (what i think are facts please debunk) are whats intresting

there is a "something" planet sized that we can probebly see something of with a telescope

its got a very long line there and no one seems to have an explaination for it

its got hexagon shaped craters with yet another line runing same angle as the other (some one mentioned this could be an entrance which is wild speculation)

then its got a whole line of yet more hexagon shaped craters all parellel with the other strait line

and finaly crators dont make hexagon shapes :S

added to which theres lots of other hexagon shaped and the whole things
hexagon shaped

now with mars and the face we have options to be confused i am not seeing that here which is why i put the thread together i think we need to get at the truth with this ....

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scatterp
And finally, craters dont make hexagon shapes :S

It's not like there aren't naturally occurring hexagon shapes. That don't mean aliens are at work.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
oK, I'll bite...

The rim around the middle...
probably a leftover from a ring of debris that eventually worked its way toward the moon via gravity... (much like the rings around saturn, but actually hitting the solid surface of a moon, instead of circleing endlessly...

that only piques my interest regarding gravity... it seems to be a little heavy for such a small bugger... but again, we dont have EXACT measurements, so could be ?

deathstar it isn't... If the empire was here, Bush would have started looking a little "ugly" lately...

The various zoomed peculiarities are same of his other controversial stuff...
digital pixels make interpretation hard... and straight lines can be a artifact of hyperzooming digital pics...

and the myth about no straight lines in Nature... (one of hoaglands favorites) is just that... myth... (crystals, crystalization of a media- i.e. sandstone, can form 90degree angles better than ancient egypt...)
EXACT straight lines exist all over nature...

While the article intrigues me, Hoaglands stuff always leaves me feeling "played"...
Mainly, i suppose, due to the fact that his stuff is rarely even parroted, much less supported by the mainstream UFO community...
I can almost never find any corroberrating evidence for his claims...

Ahh ha... but that 5% of his stuff, that does have independant verification...makes reading the other 95% worthwhile... and fun...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
of course there are alians but i actually think from a biblical perspective there fallen angels and hybrids ( genesis 6) talks of angels that came to earth and took human wives creating a hybrid there are also reptilians and greys check out the dulce book free to read online there hiding out in many underground bases with the military and governments who have made deals with these alians, for mine there all under lucifer hes the head fallen angel and of course hes trying hard to be like God but his days are numbered and his time is short , the scary part is i belive many of these reptilians hide in human form has anyone seen revelations of a mother goddess , arizona wilder oversaw satanic ritual for the eleite including the royals whom she has seen shapeshift from human to reptilian ,

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Until people actually view and study a living or deceased EBE, signals etc. Something that most scientists and researchers will agree with would change humanity forevor. This has not happened and I doubt it will for many years to come.

I consider the best evidence people say they have plausable at best and I agree just because someone says it is so does not make it so. Unless they have smoking gun proof we will never know.

I do not think this is proof at all it could very well be a ring the moon had sucked in over a long period of time by gravity.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ahhhhhh, Richard Hoagland. I was wondering what that nut was up to lately.

hes a nut, but a very entertaining and thoughtful one. The Iaepetus/deathstar theory was some of the best use of my idle time spent in a long time.

I wish more people with crackpot ideals were like Hoagland. He is not only entertaining, but there is a certain basis and an insightful genius in his musing.

Besides, who knows..............he mgiht someday be proven right!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Being a big fan of Clarke's work, I always enjoy reading similar works. I wonder why Hoagland doesn't just ditch the whole ufo rat race and become a big time author of fiction. He would certainly make some serious dough with his talent. I'd even buy his books.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by scatterp
And finally, craters dont make hexagon shapes :S

It's not like there aren't naturally occurring hexagon shapes. That don't mean aliens are at work.

intresting what exactly are those hexagons ?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
oK, I'll bite...

The rim around the middle...
probably a leftover from a ring of debris that eventually worked its way toward the moon via gravity... (much like the rings around saturn, but actually hitting the solid surface of a moon, instead of circleing endlessly...

that only piques my interest regarding gravity... it seems to be a little heavy for such a small bugger... but again, we dont have EXACT measurements, so could be ?

deathstar it isn't... If the empire was here, Bush would have started looking a little "ugly" lately...

The various zoomed peculiarities are same of his other controversial stuff...
digital pixels make interpretation hard... and straight lines can be a artifact of hyperzooming digital pics...

and the myth about no straight lines in Nature... (one of hoaglands favorites) is just that... myth... (crystals, crystalization of a media- i.e. sandstone, can form 90degree angles better than ancient egypt...)
EXACT straight lines exist all over nature...

While the article intrigues me, Hoaglands stuff always leaves me feeling "played"...
Mainly, i suppose, due to the fact that his stuff is rarely even parroted, much less supported by the mainstream UFO community...
I can almost never find any corroberrating evidence for his claims...

Ahh ha... but that 5% of his stuff, that does have independant verification...makes reading the other 95% worthwhile... and fun...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

intresting but i dont buy the rings around saturn idea also looking at independent sources they list them as "unexplainable"

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have to agree with you on this one Laz...Great read....reminds me of Arthur C and Stephen Baxter.....good hard scifi....the Wall....thats cool...and defintally a lil hard to explain. However all the images were SOOOO zoomed in that you really cant trust anything you see because of the inherint flaws in digital zooming and hyperzooming on an image thats already been zoomed on to the maximum magniifcation for said camera.

However he does bring up some interesting Ideas...I went ahead and read the whole thing. Im sorry but I lived in the Desert and i have seen ALLL sorts of hexagonal like shapes and straight lines it happens....Wind water erosion and such. Not to mention....chaos always generates random shapes and sizes...

But the walll..thats interesting not nesscarily ET but i would like to know what sort of effects could cause something like that to happen natrually.

Good find

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As for that line on that moon, my thoughts were differing gravitational fluctuations on the surface of Saturn, as it (Iapetus) went around Saturn the fluctuations would IMO heat and soften the midpoint between the planet and the opposite side of the moon. And because only one side of it always faces the planet (like our moon) the stresses would be localised there.
It would almost be like if you heated the ends of a couple of chocolate bars and pressed them together, then out and in, there would be a ridge made.

That's my most logical explanation for it.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Great read. Even if you find his views a bit nutty his evidence and multiple coorilations of data is very much brillant. The Death Star theories if to be believed would be on such a Grand scale that human kind could not fathom the complexity and resources involved. Great read though and highly recommended. No matter how smart humankind believes it is its safe to say we know probably about .0001% about how, what, when and where on the subject of the Universe and Space. Anythings possible folks.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
but theres no actual scientist with any idea on this "wall"....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join