It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be a shot at proof of aliens ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
He does go on a bit... I loved the Death Star/Iapetus juxtaposition, though.

I thought the "starseed"/Cambrian explosion stuff was very interesting. I'm in the unhappy position of being neither a creationist nor a Darwinist (talk about oppressed minorities) and the mention of Forbidden Archaeology was cool, it's a book I really want to get... some time.

And it is really odd looking at the straight lines that are visible on the 'limb' photos.

But why is it that these guys always seem to go that one step too far? There's a great book by Paul LaViolette called The Talk of the Galaxy in which he presents a lot of evidence that a) our theory of pulsars is falling apart and b) pulsars are actually large-scale exoengineering projects. He then spoils it completely by asserting that all these pulsars are arranged to make a pretty pattern in the sky to warn us of an impending cosmic disaster.

It's disappointing, because I kind of like the idea that we're getting more and more used to a fairly insignificant place in the universe: God did not, actually, make us in his own image, the universe does not revolve around the earth, we are not the only life out there, interstellar travel is not "impossible because Einstein said so"... and so on. Now PLV spoils his argument with the assertion that, rather than just come here and tell us, a galaxy-wide civilisation left pulsar beacons in a pattern that we're supposed to decode and save ourselves from doom. It's a shame because the stuff on pulsars is great!

Hoagland's the same... fascinating raw data, two and two make thirty-seven...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Found a theory that states the ring (and discoloration) was formed when the moon drifted into a saturn ring...

makes as much sense as anything right now...
and explains much of the mystery of "thinner and inconsistant rings" in Saturns outer ring systems...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
got a link that sounds intresting ?

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
I have to agree with you on this one Laz...Great read....reminds me of Arthur C and Stephen Baxter.....But the walll..thats interesting not nesscarily ET but i would like to know what sort of effects could cause something like that to happen natrually.
Good find

I'm no scientist. Hell I cannot even spell it.
But I've got a good imagination and I'd posit that the dark region and the "wall" are nothing more than the result of a large impact with a LL Chondrite object that has loose iron in it. The impact crater is large enough to support my theroy, wherein the meteor shattered and created the dark fallout, while also splitting the moon into 2 pieces or at least cleaving it almost in two. Over time gravity again sucked the moon back into roughly a spherical shape,but left the compressed lip of the two halves, which rose up as the gravitic pressure sealed the wound.

The best analogy I can think of is when I was a child and we would make snowballs and tried to compacted them into hard deadly projectiles, the force of our hand gravity often cleaved these balls into two neat halves, split nicely down the middle. But with more pressure we could seal this wound. Remembering back, I can see that the snowball resembles this moon.

Just an idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join