It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images in the desert from space

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I just found it on Google Earth myself, and if you look just off-center their seems to be a crater...just a little below the exact center of the formation.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My question is: how the hell could you miss a target THAT size?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Without a doubt a target practice range for the usaf.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
My question is: how the hell could you miss a target THAT size?

Its possible to miss it, a good way for starting fighter pilots to practice bombing runs and get a hang of it before bombing real targets.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
39°42'30.72" N, 115°58'48.78"W

Very interesting, right outside of Diamond Valley. A bunch of giant "farming circles." Looks kinda like radar images almost... weird. Does anybody know what's up with these?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTourist

Very interesting, right outside of Diamond Valley. A bunch of giant "farming circles." Looks kinda like radar images almost... weird. Does anybody know what's up with these?

putfile.com.../15711474961.jpg&s=f5

U mean this?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59

U mean this?

Yes, I noticed more as I scanned around. They're in a lot of places. What exactly are they?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The images you folks referred to look a lot like this one near my house.

mysite.verizon.net...

These delta shaped runway patterns marked the locations of AAF bases in WII and were scattered all over the southwest US. Most have degraded to near invisibility but this one, at N34* 49.71' W117* 18.36', is still very visible. It is near Edwards AFB, about 12 miles from my house.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Initially, I just wanted to say that it was the Nevada site for the Burning Man Festival, but after looking it up, I was wrong. That said, as you all go searching the Nevada Desert for more interesting formations, please know that the Burning Man Festival is located out there.

Here is am aerial blueprint of the Burning Man grounds (looks virtually identical to the Google Earth image): Burning Man Site

I only mention this here in this thread because I have seen it labelled many times as a possible military or black ops target, and it's truly neither.

By the way, found after the initial post, here's the google maps view of the Burning Man site:

Burning Man

And the official Burning Man website can be found here (warning, possible nudity, as Burning Man is a clothing optional event, and open to free thinkers): Burning Man Project

*NOTE* Any nudity to be foundon the Burning Man Site is found within the photo gallery, and not on the main site.

I am posting all of this in an effort to get the Burning Man site off of the frequent listings on the ATS site of "What the F*** is this??"

I have never personally been to Burning Man (but hopefully will in the future) and I have several friends that have been there (including my friend who is a professional swordswallower / magic artist, Dai Andrews (if you've seen him, and enjoyed him, please let me know!) Dai was at Burning Man in 2005.

[edit on 6/8/2006 by obsidian468]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59

U mean this?

Yes, I noticed more as I scanned around. They're in a lot of places. What exactly are they?

I have seen similiar sites in Spain, the fields prolly contain a large long wheeled irrigation structure that is centered in the middle of the field and is gradually moved in a circular fashion to water the field. Nothing mysterious I'm afraid

[edit on 8-6-2006 by _Deliverance_]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It deals with the "language of light", the five circle layers that deal with layers of awareness/being, the "Triangle" represents Higher Light frequency or consciousness, someone is giving symbolic gestures of Earths unveiling process.I have recieved this symbol just with less circles in it.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I was looking around Baghdad and that area when I ran into this at 33°20'19.36"N 44°22'41.52"E...it looks pretty bad. Wonder what happened here...?

To be honest, if you look around Baghdad, there's a lot of traffic jams or strange pileups...

[edit on 9-6-2006 by katamari]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
I found something pretty interesting in that area too... some type of hilly mounds ... tons of them... at 37.1052 N, 116.0315 W

you may have to decrease zoom to see them good. Weird.

I think those are nuclear test sites?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by katamari
I was looking around Baghdad and that area when I ran into this at 33°20'19.36"N 44°22'41.52"E...it looks pretty bad. Wonder what happened here...?

Well, apparently they don't have accidents in where you're from, but here in Detroit when a couple of cars bump into one another, you get major traffic jams. You also get them when people aren't being curteous, causing grid lock because they want to make sure they get through the light even if they're going to block all traffic going perpendicular.

Hilarious avatar, by the way. I was staring at it for about five minutes just laughing.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
like crop circles, they're probably coordinates or aircraft guiding maps.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by katamari
i61.photobucket.com...
To be honest, if you look around Baghdad, there's a lot of traffic jams or strange pileups...

I don't know about Iraq, but my parents were in Iran in 1978/79, just before the Shah was deposed. They told me about driving in Tehran, and, judging from what news reports I've seen from the area, I think maybe Baghdad is similar.

They told me:

-- There were stripes painted on the streets, but they were just for reference; the actual number of lanes was determined by Nl = ((Wt / Wa) + 1); that is, the number of lanes was equal to the total width of the road divided by the average width of the vehicles travelling that road, adding 1 to account for really, really brave cab drivers*.
-- There were traffic lights at many intersections, but nobody really knew why.
-- Right turns were allowed on red, but only if there was enough room for your car and you had a good running start.
-- Most larger intersections had a traffic cop on duty, even if there was a working traffic light. The constable's job seemed to be to call for an ambulance if anyone got hurt too bad to drive away from the scene of the accident.
-- Vehicles in traffic circles (roundabouts) were required to travel counter-clockwise unless it was inconvenient.

I hope it's better these days.

*In all fairness, I should point out that the same situation applies around here. For some reason the city fathers think it's amusing to stop the lane markers somewhat short of the intersection in a number of places, and/or stripe out a different number of lanes on different sides of the intersection.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Deliverance_
I have seen similiar sites in Spain, the fields prolly contain a large long wheeled irrigation structure that is centered in the middle of the field and is gradually moved in a circular fashion to water the field. Nothing mysterious I'm afraid

Spot on, so to speak. And sometimes quite beautiful:
Google "Earth"
(hint: zoom out a bit, it just gets better!)

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is like a "star gate" that was used by "atlantis". They have turned this in to a "dig site" to learn more on traveling to diffrent systems

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join