It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wii-Mote Mania (Nintendo Wii informational Thread)

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Originally posted by elitegamer23
oh yeah did i mention nintendo makes a profit for every wii sold and sony loses money.

yes, because its 5 year old technology.

Every single Nintendo console has made money from the start - Did'nt really kill the SNES/NES succes'.




posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
i thought you werent a fanboy, why are you offended with anything positive about the wii. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT, but you cant force others to look away.

So your saying that by me stating the obvious...that I'm "forcing" people to not get a Wii? lol


Yeah...I know wbout the Japan proce cuts...and I dont care, you seem 100% certain of me being a sony fanboy, and the fact that I have no plans of buying a PS3, and have never owned a Playstation....You still see me as Pro Sony and Anti Wii.


I'm sure you have read about the Wii sensor bar not working when its hit with sunlight ...but knowing you, you probably closed your eyes and plugged your ears so that wouldn't hear any negative press concerning your beloved Wii.


While I dont think Microsoft has any plans on a sensor bar and a gyroscopic controller...its possible that it could be immpremented within the 3rd party...and just use the 360's usb ports to do it...But I agree with sardion...and I dont think MS will do it this gen...they might do it with there next console...but that all depends on just how successfull the Wii is.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
sorry murcielago, i confused your anti -wiism for being a sony fanboy. i appologize. you are teh biggest anti wii poster in these threads.


Originally posted by Murcielago

anywho...unless new info comes along...I'm done with this topic until mid november.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Murcielago]


todays date is 10-11-06 november is a ways away.


Originally posted by born_to_be_wired
ill still take PS3 wipeout over anything kiddytendo can dish out...

besides in a year there will be wii-like controllers available for all consoles, so while nintendokiddies play xxx-th installment of zelda and mario ill be playing the real next gen AND with the wii controller....just wait and see

still wii is a good idea (to copy)


what happened with the sonyfanboyism arguement that graphics and processing power will win this console war? is the new fanboyism stance, we will copy nintendos idea with the wii mote and with our advanced graphics we will win. one reason i dont like sony, they dont use any imagination. yeah i know there was a pc controller 7 years ago with motion sensors built in so its not completely a nintendo idea, BUT sony could have cared less to evolve gaming for the gamers. at least nintendo had the balls and imagination to take gaming in a newer better direction.

think about it, a system with lessor graphics is WAY more anticipated .

i also read somewhere nintendo had a patent on the way the wii mote is applied to games. they didnt patent the technology, but they found a way to patent the way the wii mote is applied to the games.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
sorry murcielago, i confused your anti -wiism for being a sony fanboy. i appologize. you are teh biggest anti wii poster in these threads.


Originally posted by Murcielago

anywho...unless new info comes along...I'm done with this topic until mid november.

[edit on 5-10-2006 by Murcielago]


todays date is 10-11-06 november is a ways away.

yes it is...but if you re-read that sentance you will see that I added in a clause.


Im not anti Wii, even if I do post more negative info on the Wii then everyone else. I see that as me being the most informed. When I'm looking at getting something I'll read the reviews on it. But it sounds like you would read the "pro's" and not the "con's".

And I still think it was a bad decision for it to not have dvd playback.
If your trying to get this console to get a larger userbase, and your targeting older people as well, then something that would ease there decision is if it could play there dvd's...whether it be hollywood movies or home movies.

Here's a Wii Site that shows how random people will repond to the Wii. (but take these videos with a gran of salt) I would prefer it wasn't so "set-up"...with such a clean room...I'd like to see a video of a nintendo rep walk into a random apartment building, and open the door of a completely random person...whos is like 50-60 years old...and plug it into his tv and see how he responds to it.
Thats a real world test.

edit: forgot to post link

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Murcielago]



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

Thats a real world test.


no the real world test begins the third weekend of november. then none of us can speculate and we can only go by the numbers .

the fact an inferior system graphically speaking is more anticipated then the superior ps3 , with its dvd blue ray says alot.

im ready for this console war to begin. imagine this, nintendo probably as we speak, 10-12-06 has already produced double the systems that sony will have at launch time. not good news for sony. this isnt about making their fanbases happy, its about making money. who has themselves in a better position?

my biggest sony fanboy friend is going to mod his ps3. they will only lose money on him. that is one reason i dont like sony fanboys.

also dont think im a complete nintendo fanboy, maybe just 90%. i have decided i will buy an xbox360 sometime next year. first i have to buy 3 nintendo wii before xmas. one for me, one for my daughter, and one for my 3 nieces.

this friday you can chalk up one wii sold because im leaving work early to put 250 down on a reserved wii at gamestop. that way i only have to find two on launch day. peace



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

what happened with the sonyfanboyism arguement that graphics and processing power will win this console war? is the new fanboyism stance, we will copy nintendos idea with the wii mote and with our advanced graphics we will win. one reason i dont like sony, they dont use any imagination. yeah i know there was a pc controller 7 years ago with motion sensors built in so its not completely a nintendo idea, BUT sony could have cared less to evolve gaming for the gamers. at least nintendo had the balls and imagination to take gaming in a newer better direction.

think about it, a system with lessor graphics is WAY more anticipated .

i also read somewhere nintendo had a patent on the way the wii mote is applied to games. they didnt patent the technology, but they found a way to patent the way the wii mote is applied to the games.



Speaking of fanboys, there is such thing as being a nintendofanboy as well you know, the only difference beeing nintendofanboys are aged 3-14...and a few 23 year olds


oh and speaking of modding.....illl have so far modded the crap out of every console i owned....its just fun what can i say....although sony wont make it easy im sure


oh look..."way more aticipated..."

LINK



whatever

[edit on 12-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
you show a link of a survey of 2000 people that leads to the conclusion that 9 million people want to get a ps3 by xmas. are you thinking at all? that means there will be 8 million people LET DOWN by sony considering only 400,000 will be available by launch and maybe 1 million by xmas. if there are 8 million people looking to spend 500-600 dollars for a gaming console without the ps3 to buy, where do you think they will turn?

this is a sure fire scientific survey (sarcasm)

This research, released first to Next Generation, was derived from a sample of 2,000 interviews Interpret conducted online, weighted to 2004 Census data of 13 to 54 year-olds

you getting 9 million people want a ps3 from a survey of 2000 people.



Originally posted by born_to_be_wired

oh and speaking of modding.....illl have so far modded the crap out of every console i owned....its just fun what can i say....although sony wont make it easy im sure


[edit on 12-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]

you my friend are a sad excuse for a gamer. will you also help sony lose money with your modded infatuation? do you realize modding is illegal in some countries?



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
you getting 9 million people want a ps3 from a survey of 2000 people.

This coming from a guy who keeps posting links to a video of thousands of people running towards the Wii booth...and assumes millions want to buy it.

hypocrites are everywhere.



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
show me where i said millions want to buy the wii because of the wii stampede.

if you cant prove your statement, you are a liar.

i dont hold the opinions of liars in high regards.

peace

[edit on 12-10-2006 by elitegamer23]



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
nobody hating on the x360?

this thread grown to large for me to actual have kept up with but.


it's going to great, console wars rule, may teh pwnge win.

srsly!!!


[edit on 12-10-2006 by Lysergic]



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

it's going to great, console wars rule, may teh pwnge win.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Lysergic]


agreed! its what leads these companies to create an insanely fun hobby for us to enjoy.

i love how personal it can get


did i mention the wii will score you more chicks then the other two systems? chicks dig nintendo.

peace



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
thats just girls suck at video games.

srsly








jk



srsly



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
girls dont suck at video games. a sexy friend of mine owns me at guitar hero all the time. yeah she actually plays the guitar so that helps , but i have tried so many times to beat her and i cant.

there are several other ways i wouldnt mind her owning me, but her bf woudlnt like that



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
show me where i said millions want to buy the wii because of the wii stampede.

if you cant prove your statement, you are a liar.

i dont hold the opinions of liars in high regards.


ok, You had the 2 in the same post, and also in that post...you lied.

So by your standards...we should just pretty much skip over your posts.(?)

Heres your post which I'm refering to.
(BTW, Microsoft sold around 5 million X360's by june 2006...by now there probably over 6 million.)


Originally posted by elitegamer23
EVERYONE wasnt running to play the ps3 which had way more computing power then the xbox 360. they were running to play the wii.
www.youtube.com...

also EVERYONE wasnt standing in line to play the ps3 which had more computing power then the xbox 360.
www.youtube.com...

ill say it again, and you cant argue this. FUN FACTOR > GRAPHICS

the wii will outsell the xbox 360 in by march. xbox360 has only sold 2.5 million.

wii will sell 4 million by march.


[edit on 13-10-2006 by Murcielago]



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23


oh and speaking of modding.....illl have so far modded the crap out of every console i owned....its just fun what can i say....although sony wont make it easy im sure


[edit on 12-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]
you my friend are a sad excuse for a gamer. will you also help sony lose money with your modded infatuation? do you realize modding is illegal in some countries?



I am a sad excuse for a gamer but YOU get pwned by a gurl


how is my modding infatuation helping sony loose money, i still have to buy the friggin thing...but if i can get divx to play on my box...whats wrong with that

Modding is illegal in some countries?


Well its a good thing i dont live in one of those, besides if i buy a piece of equipment i can do with it what i want. Get your facts straight. Copying games is illegal, modding by itself is not

As for the numbers ill still let them speak by themselves


doh a rookie calling me names....what has this world come to




[edit on 13-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]



posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i question your age born?

sorry i lose to a girl who has been playing guitar for 15 years and owns guitar hero , when ive played the game a total of 5 times for maybe two hours in my life.

how does sony lose money when u mod? well they lose money when u buy the system , then they lose money when u dont buy the software. that is where sony is going to make their money.

i question you intellect and age once again for calling me a rookie and being sexist in thinking girls cant be good at video games.

peace

[edit on 14-10-2006 by elitegamer23]



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
i question your age born?

sorry i lose to a girl who has been playing guitar for 15 years and owns guitar hero , when ive played the game a total of 5 times for maybe two hours in my life.

how does sony lose money when u mod? well they lose money when u buy the system , then they lose money when u dont buy the software. that is where sony is going to make their money.

i question you intellect and age once again for calling me a rookie and being sexist in thinking girls cant be good at video games.

peace

[edit on 14-10-2006 by elitegamer23]


its all good dude...

have another bud :w:



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i respect you more now born to be wired for your mature response to mine. if you were an idiot you would have went off , but you didnt.

i no longer question your age or maturity. you have my respect.

the beer is on me now

peace



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
college kids might be looking forward to the wii, who knows. im guessing this because it looks like a party system, its low priced, and collegehumor .com has a video on its website.

here is a clip of rejected wii games using the wii mote. its funny i hope one part in this video is suitable for bts. if not im very sorry. here it is.

Rejected Wii Games



posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
well i hate to say i told you so....

Wii beating motion-sensing tech revealed

...but i told you so


[edit on 20-10-2006 by born_to_be_wired]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join